Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals PFF Roster Grades
(03-18-2017, 12:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Since when is the top 22 of the league, when there are teams that run a 3-4 in this (I believe), a good ranking?  It is bottom third and that is being generous. 

How is top 22 bottom third in the league?  There are 64 starting DEs in the league.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 12:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would imagine if you took the time to break down the stats per snap, which would take opportunities in to account, you would see MJ fall to the very bottom and even our own Clarke would pass him.  

No one cares what you "imagine".  Show some proof.

That is the problem around here.  Too many people try to make arguments based on nothing but their imagination.
Reply/Quote
Those tackle grades are terrifying. Daltons going to have to change his game drastically if he wants to stay alive.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How is top 22 bottom third in the league?  There are 64 starting DEs in the league.

Acknowledge what they're saying. How many of these "64 DE's" are 3-4 DE's?

Where does MJ rank strictly among 4-3 DE's?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.

You do the comparisons.

Hello Kettle, you're black!

You might not have made up the rankings, but you infer it is among "all DEs" which have vastly different responsibilities.  If you think MJ is one of the better 4-3 DEs, you do the rankings to prove it.  Because virtually everyone else sees him as well below average.  

Again, nice guy, not an impact player at a key position on the defense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How is top 22 bottom third in the league?  There are 64 starting DEs in the league.

How many play in 4-3s and how many play in 3-4s?  Vastly different positions, resposibilities, etc.  What is your ranking based on?  Do you know?  If it is among all DEs from both types of defenses, then it is useless.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No one cares what you "imagine".  Show some proof.

That is the problem around here.  Too many people try to make arguments based on nothing but their imagination.

Pot still calling kettle a racist term.  And I am glad no one cares...including you that seems to read every post and retort with some flimsy argument where you can't even cite the position groups you are ranking.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 12:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How many play in 4-3s and how many play in 3-4s?  Vastly different positions, resposibilities, etc.  What is your ranking based on?  Do you know?  If it is among all DEs from both types of defenses, then it is useless.  

media, coaches, fans, and even players (AJ Green)  have basically said MJ is a below average player and is hurting the team.  In every stat measurable MJ is either average or below average with no flashes in the last two years to suggest he's anything more than a rotational backup.  fred knows this as well, but he's just wanting to argue a point for the sake of argument.  The team knows they need to improve at the position so he will be gone soon enough.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: I picked this up on a facebook group and figured you guys would like it.  Obviously it doesn't have Andre smith on it yet.  They also have Clarke Listed at DT so take that into account.  

[Image: 17156036_10208560537754156_4461309565275...e=59685E74]

Honestly with a few tweaks the defense should be better next year. 

Iloka and Williams will be better now that they have had a season playing together.
Burfict will be Burfict. Vinny Rey may not be flashy but he is solid. Add Vigil and Minter and LBs are better.
Idk what to say about Adam Jones. Kirk is about to hit his prime. Shaw finally had snaps and showed promise. Dennard and Jackson should get more snaps.
Geno and Dunlap will be their dominant selves. Draft a RE (Barnett/Thomas) that splits with Johnson and plugg in Sims/Billings at T and the line becomes a strength.

Now the offense? ugh. Oline help and a new running back please.
Reply/Quote
Michael Johnson is horrible at best.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No one cares what you "imagine".  Show some proof.

Does your daily existence consist of trolling this board, making up fake stats that only you believe, and arguing semantics and conjecture that only you contribute to?

Jesus man. It's the weekend. Go do something besides post made up opinions about a loser franchise.

I've read a handful of your posts. They are so desperate and clawing, it's sad.

The bengals are a laughingstock. Your posts are a great compliment to the organization.
Reply/Quote

FYI. This is great. You joined here in May 2015

You've spent nearly 3 months of your life on this board since then. 2 months. 3 weeks, 10 hours according to your profile.

So in the last 22 months. Around 1/8th of your life has been spent on here.

Go. Somewhere. Do something. Yikes
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 12:47 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Does your daily existence consist of trolling this board, making up fake stats that only you believe, and arguing semantics and conjecture that only you contribute to?

Jesus man. It's the weekend.  Go do something besides post made up opinions about a loser franchise.

I've read a handful of your posts. They are so desperate and clawing, it's sad.  

The bengals are a laughingstock.  Your posts are a great compliment to the organization.

I got it until you jumped out on the ledge and stated:

"The bengals are a laughingstock"

Team made playoffs 5 of last 6 years and has one of the best regular season records the past 6 years.

Browns = Laughing Stock
Rams, Bears, Jags, Titans and many others may qualify for laughing stock, but not Bengals of the past decade.

That one comment showed your true colors on the other end of the spectrum, the negative one.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 12:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I got it until you jumped out on the ledge and stated:

"The bengals are a laughingstock"

Team made playoffs 5 of last 6 years and has one of the best regular season records the past 6 years.

Browns = Laughing Stock
Rams, Bears, Jags, Titans and many others may qualify for laughing stock, but not Bengals of the past decade.

That one comment showed your true colors on the other end of the spectrum, the negative one.

26 years. No playoff wins =Laughingstock.

Especially in a league that induces parity via a salary cap and a single source draft.

Pretty cut and dry in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 11:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My daughters want cotton candy for breakfast

I keep some in the van for just such occasions. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 01:02 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: 26 years. No playoff wins =Laughingstock.

Especially in a league that induces parity via a salary cap and a single source draft.  

Pretty cut and dry in my eyes.

Seriously, then go join another fan base if you can't see the team made strides until a hiccup last year. There is no good reason to live in the past.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 01:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously, then go join another fan base if you can't see the team made strides until a hiccup last year. There is no good reason to live in the past.

No I'm good, thanks. Nice signature at the bottom of your posts. You're taking a stand this year! I'll clue you in, no one cares
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 01:12 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: No I'm good, thanks.  Nice signature at the bottom of your posts.  You're taking a stand this year!  I'll clue you in, no one cares

OK

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 01:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK

Looks like by your own admission, you will need to find a new team after 2017.

And you agree with me. That's solid.

See I have zero expectations for the Bengals and the reds. Cause they both are terrible.

You have unrealistic expectations. You're bound to be let down.

Enjoy being a Rams fan in 2018
Reply/Quote
I'm glad to see PFF give Bodine the rating he deserves. The following charts show just how valuable he is in the run game:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

When we run up the middle we ate the 6th best in the league.The problem is when we run away from the middle. Folks have got it in their heads that Bodine is terrible and no amount of good play is going to change it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote