Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Panthers prediction
(09-20-2018, 06:19 PM)bengals67 Wrote: 109 row 18

I will try to look for you

I have a good friend in Pilot Mountain who is a Steelers fan. We have a lot of fun with each other. Maybe this year I might get the last laugh!

That's not far from our seats. Sounds good.

As small as this town is, I've probably ran into them before. I've met a few here over the years. Just like every town USA, they are everywhere unfortunately.  :paul:

My good buddy in Winston Salem is a Steelers fan. You can imagine the trash talk we exchange. My uncle is one too.  Sick

Have you seen what the Panthers are doing after the game starting this weekend? Pretty cool idea I thought.  :andy:

"The Carolina Panthers are excited to announce the launch of the “5th Quarter” this Sunday, September 23, following the game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

At the conclusion of the game, all ticketed patrons will be invited to catch late NFL action on the Silver Club Level in the Locker Room Lounge and North Club Lounge. Each lounge will feature the NFL RedZone channel and the Sunday late afternoon NFL games broadcast on the video boards and televisions.
Alcohol sales will be extended in these areas along with a limited selection of concessions that will also be available for purchase.
“As a benefit to our Silver Club Seat patrons, we are extending alcohol sales through the fourth quarter,” said Phil Youtsey, executive director of ticketing and sponsorship. “In addition, at the end of the game, we invite all ticketed fans to start a new post-game tradition and join us for the ‘5th Quarter.’ Let the traffic calm down, grab a snack or a drink and watch the late Sunday afternoon games in a unique atmosphere in some of our premium lounges.” 
To access the Club Level for the “5th Quarter,” fans seated in the 100 or 200 levels can proceed up the stairs located across from sections 104/105. Patrons seated in the 500 level, may access the “5th Quarter” using the ramp located across from section 512. Fans will need to remain in the stadium and present a valid game ticket for entry into the Club Level at the end of the game. Once fans exit the stadium, there will be no reentry."

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-announce-launch-of-5th-quarter-this-weekend
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 04:43 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: I wish I would've known so many of ya'll are going to the game....I live in Charlotte and was going to go with my dad, but he is having health issues so we cancelled.  No one else around here wanted to go with an opposing fan.

I hope he gets better. Prayers from a Bengals brother. 
If for some reason you can, I'm sure they'll be a scalper on every corner. I know there's some left online. 
Tiger

(09-21-2018, 04:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My brother lives down there and now I wish I would have gone down.

Nervous

Catch a Red-eye and watch the Red Rifle!  :andy:
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
2014: Bengals and Panthers went overtime. 37 to 37 tie game. Many players gone. Many still here. Gio Bernard had an 87 yard TD run. At QB were Andy Dalton and Cam Newton. It was 34 to 34 going into overtime. The game was in Cincinnati.

2018 : Both teams have made changes since then. Still, both teams think they have play-offs and Super Bowl in them. This time in North Carolina. I was concerned about Hurricane problems, but I saw Pitt playing at North Carolina on TV yesterday. I haven't seen anything in news, so stadium must be OK. I look for one hard game for both teams. Bengals are coming in with some injuries and Burfict suspended, but that's football. Bengals O Line not that good against Indy but Bengals won. A little better against Ravens in that win. They need to block against a tough Panthers defense with that great linebacker. Dalton & Cam are hard to defend.

PREDICTION : Bengals start with 3 of first 4 games on road and the home game tough Ravens D. So far 2-0. Now comes at Carolina and Atlanta. Very tough road games. If Bengals lose, I'm not going to be among those that say Bengals are lousy, because this is one tough road game that Super Bowl teams could lose. Of course I'm hoping Bengals win. Looking at that 37 to 37 game in 2014, I'll take a WIN today by 1 point and be happy. 2-1 not a bad start, but 3-0 is better. The AFC North is going to have their hands full with a very tough NFC South this year, especially on the road.

I look for one hard game. I'll say Bengals 34 to 31 this time and let's not go into overtime. If I was a gambler, I might bet on Panthers, but I'm not a gambler. I'm a Bengals Fan. So, GO BENGALS. This would be a huge win because Panthers are going to beat some AFC North teams. They have a good D and a lot of weapons on offense. This is one hard road game. The hurricane is going to give this game something to cheer about and extra incentive for a Carolina win. I look for the Carolina players to be extra fired up to win for the people of the hurricane & flood waters. Still, for me it's GO BENGALS. I want 3-0. I want Super Bowl.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals score 24 points in the first half due to a big play by AJ, and some turnovers forced by the defense.

Then we get to watch the Panthers LBs absolutely shut down the offense in the second half as they go into a conservative prevent offense of running the ball for 2 yards on first down, -1 yard on second down, and then running a 7 yard passing route on 3rd & 9 before punting, repeating for the rest of the second half.

1st Half: Bengals 24, Panthers 3
Final: Bengals 27, Panthers 16

- - - - - - -
BONUS PREDICTION: At some point in time in the game, Cam Newton will scramble and absolutely bulldoze Dre Kirkpatrick into the ground.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals pass rush harasses Cam all day with that banged up offensive line, but you know Cam will extend some plays and make some plays with his legs.
If O-line protects Andy like they did last week, Bengals receivers should win against Carolina secondary.
This should be a tight one.

Bengals 27, Panthers 24
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals score 24 points in the first half due to a big play by AJ, and some turnovers forced by the defense.

Then we get to watch the Panthers LBs absolutely shut down the offense in the second half as they go into a conservative prevent offense of running the ball for 2 yards on first down, -1 yard on second down, and then running a 7 yard passing route on 3rd & 9 before punting, repeating for the rest of the second half.

1st Half: Bengals 24, Panthers 3
Final: Bengals 27, Panthers 16

- - - - - - -
BONUS PREDICTION: At some point in time in the game, Cam Newton will scramble and absolutely bulldoze Dre Kirkpatrick into the ground.

? I cracked up at the Dre part. I feel bad because I feel he’s actually playing really good this year. It’s nice having him as the #2.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad this was brought up. You can't hit the QB high. You can't hit the QB low. OK, so what about a Can Newton that is also a RB. Is the defense just suppose to let him run 40 yards a pop every time. I'll be very interested to see how the refs call this game in 2018 rules. If the D isn't allowed to touch Cam Newton, then they have ruined football and made it worse than touch football. Once a QB starts to run, he should be treated like a runner. So if Can is running for a TD and Kirkpatrick stuffs Cam into the ground, I don't want to see the penalty flags come out. I'm now interested to see how new rules apply to Cam, because you can't just let this guy run without the D hitting him.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:06 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm glad this was brought up.  You can't hit the QB high.  You can't hit the QB low.   OK, so what about a Can Newton that is also a RB.  Is the defense just suppose to let him run 40 yards a pop every time.  I'll be very interested to see how the refs call this game in 2018 rules.  If the D isn't allowed to touch Cam Newton, then they have ruined football and made it worse than touch football. Once a QB starts to run, he should be treated like a runner.  So if Can is running for a TD and Kirkpatrick stuffs Cam into the ground, I don't want to see the penalty flags come out.  I'm now interested to see how new rules apply to Cam, because you can't just let this guy run without the D hitting him.

Jeez, Kevin ... the rules ALREADY STATE that when the QB runs, he is considered a runner. That being said you still can't do anything to a QB runner that you might be able to do to a running back.

The way to stop Cam (and any "large" QB, like Worthlessburger, Flake-o, etc.) IN THE POCKET is to wrap them up high and pin their arms, then ROLL THEM to the ground so that THEIR weight is on you (at worst) or that YOUR weight is not on them. Easier said than done, though.
Reply/Quote
Last 40 games at home, Carolina is 29-11. I expect the offense to be ok in this one, but the defense needs to win this, hopefully by causing a few turnovers. Would be their best win so far if they can do it. Keep them under 23 points. 23-20 Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Defense will make some turnovers, they're going to have to continue their good play. My hope is Gio plays with a chip on his shoulder, but no matter what Mixon is coming back as #1 whenever he does.

My issue with Gio lately are 0 yard plays or getting tackled in the backfield, he's just too small. He needs to get into space. I hope lazor has plays specifically designed for him (and not running all plays that Mixon would have).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Based on the injuries to Carolina, I am changing my prediction to Bengals 27 Panthers 17. Gio has a big day.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:06 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm glad this was brought up.  You can't hit the QB high.  You can't hit the QB low.   OK, so what about a Can Newton that is also a RB.  Is the defense just suppose to let him run 40 yards a pop every time.  I'll be very interested to see how the refs call this game in 2018 rules.  If the D isn't allowed to touch Cam Newton, then they have ruined football and made it worse than touch football. Once a QB starts to run, he should be treated like a runner.  So if Can is running for a TD and Kirkpatrick stuffs Cam into the ground, I don't want to see the penalty flags come out.  I'm now interested to see how new rules apply to Cam, because you can't just let this guy run without the D hitting him.

Actually, Cam isn't really treated like a QB. I remember after his SB year, he got hit in the head more than a few times throughout the year, and they didn't call any flags on it. It's kinda crazy, I wonder how many times he gets hit in the head vs other QBs in the league.
Reply/Quote
They threw the other guy out last game because of the hit on Cam's head, so they're starting to protect. Which will lead to long runs out of the pocket, hopefully Geno shows up today. Sometimes rules are called differently for bigger players like lebron/shaq/cam.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:47 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They threw the other guy out last game because of the hit on Cam's head, so they're starting to protect. Which will lead to long runs out of the pocket, hopefully Geno shows up today. Sometimes rules are called differently for bigger players like lebron/shaq/cam.

Yeah that hit was flat out unacceptable though, it's not like it was questionable. Looked like he was trying to take him out.

It was pretty similar to how Shawn Williams went after Andrew Luck in week 1. If they didn't call that hit on Cam last week, the league would've heard about it.
Reply/Quote
Bengals fall behind early, trailing at the half. Turnovers hurt us. Second half we play solid football. Defense contains Cam and forces him to throw the ball. Secondary comes up with turnovers on important drives and the Bengals capitalize. We stage a fourth quarter comeback to take the lead for the first time in the game and the defense stops the Panthers from getting into field goal range to end the game.

Bengals 28
Panthers 27
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals stump the Panthers 41 - 10. The NFL has no choice but to respect the Bengals, 80% of squeeler fans jump the bandwagon, the national media must cover the bengals, Mike Brown is blown out of his mind to realize having a winning team has given him the most profits he could ever have dreamed of, and lastly ben-gals look 5 yrs younger because we keep on winning. Muahaha
Reply/Quote