Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Panthers prediction
(09-20-2018, 11:54 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Cam Newton has not completed a single pass thrown 20-plus yards in the air this year. He’s 0 for 6. The vast majority of his throws have come within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage or behind it and over the middle. He’s thrown 30 passes in that spot and only 16 to the outside.

Check downs and over the middle are his bread and butter.

(09-20-2018, 12:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I live in Raleigh and am taking my youngest son and three of his buddies ( with whom I am in a fantasy league) to the game.

Cam running is a bigger threat than Cam passing. He is a huge threat running the ball. He can score 2 or even 3 TDs running the ball.

Not sure Cam has hit many if any passes over 20 yards this year.

McCaffrey is their best receiver. He might be the best receiving RB in league.  D needs to take this into account.

Given our historic problems with tight ends, Olson being out is a great plus for us

Need to have a controlled rush to keep Cam in the pocket and cut off his runs.

If we do this Bengals will win by 10 points.

So far, not one pass 20+ yards.  :andy:

I live in Pilot Mountain and I'm taking my wife and two sons. I'll be in section 102, row 3, the endzone between the tunnels where they come out. 
What section will you be in?
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 01:12 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: So far, not one pass 20+ yards.  :andy:

I live in Pilot Mountain and I'm taking my wife and two sons. I'll be in section 102, row 3, the endzone between the tunnels where they come out. 

Can you guys make a huge ass sign referenceing the Bengals Board? That'd be cool.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:09 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I have a hard time seeing us win this one, primarily due to no Mixon and no Price. Doubt we'll be able to establish a consistent ground game, which will put too much on Dalton's shoulders.

Cam Newton is also really underrated. People forget that he was easily the best QB in the NFL 3 years ago. He is legit. Just have a tough time seeing us pull this one out.

Panthers 28
Bengals 20

Ehh - the dirty birds rushed for 170 on 32 carries. There rush D has been suspect.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ll go Bengals 24-20 in an ugly one, but who cares how it looks as long as it gets us to 3-0
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:09 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Cam Newton is also really underrated. People forget that he was easily the best QB in the NFL 3 years ago. He is legit. Just have a tough time seeing us pull this one out.

While I agree he is underrated by alot of people, I also think alot of people overrate him because of that one good year. That one year, in which he was undeniably great, is so far an outlier compared to his other years it's crazy. His QB rating was over 10 points higher in 2015 then another other year he has played. 2015 was also the last time Cam was even just an average QB; 2016 and 2017 were the worst years of his career and he has been awful.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 01:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you guys make a huge ass sign referenceing the Bengals Board? That'd be cool.

What's an "ass sign"? Nervous
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 01:12 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: So far, not one pass 20+ yards.  :andy:

109 row 18

I will try to look for you

I have a good friend in Pilot Mountain who is a Steelers fan. We have a lot of fun with each other. Maybe this year I might get the last laugh!
Reply/Quote
26-22 Bengals
Reply/Quote
I wish I would've known so many of ya'll are going to the game....I live in Charlotte and was going to go with my dad, but he is having health issues so we cancelled. No one else around here wanted to go with an opposing fan.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My brother lives down there and now I wish I would have gone down.

Nervous
Reply/Quote
Turner their starting RG is out and so is Da'Norris Searcy their safety. Add in that both starting tackles are on IR and Curtis Samuel and Olsen aren't back yet and I am feeling food.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 04:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Turner their starting RG is out and so is Da'Norris Searcy their safety. Add in that both starting tackles are on IR and Curtis Samuel and Olsen aren't back yet and I am feeling food.

Cat food? That's cannibaltastic!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We get smoked. The first two weeks were nothing but smoke n mirrors against inferior competition. We finally see a team that is really decent and our deficiencies finally show up. Add in no Mixon, no Price and no Michael Johnson and that sums up our final score.....

In a battle of kitty kats,
Bungles- 13. (And that’s being generous)
Panthers- 31

The End.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 03:32 PM)Sweetness Wrote: While I agree he is underrated by alot of people, I also think alot of people overrate him because of that one good year. That one year, in which he was undeniably great, is so far an outlier compared to his other years it's crazy. His QB rating was over 10 points higher in 2015 then another other year he has played. 2015 was also the last time Cam was even just an average QB; 2016 and 2017 were the worst years of his career and he has been awful.

Oh crap, this game could be Newton vs Dalton in the "technically were only good in 2015" bowl!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 04:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Turner their starting RG is out and so is Da'Norris Searcy their safety. Add in that both starting tackles are on IR and Curtis Samuel and Olsen aren't back yet and I am feeling food.

(09-21-2018, 06:24 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We get smoked.  The first two weeks were nothing but smoke n mirrors against inferior competition.  We finally see a team that is really decent and our deficiencies finally show up.  Add in no Mixon, no Price and no Michael Johnson and that sums up our final score.....

In a battle of kitty kats,
Bungles- 13. (And that’s being generous)
Panthers- 31

The End.

Man, no MJ... Nervous  I am a scared dude. Ninja

Read what Au165 said here and tell me you stand by that prediction Hawk.

We have Gio and Rawls to cushion the blow of the Mixon injury.

Hopkins just played decent at Center against a tougher front.

Could be closer to the opposite of your prediction. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 07:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, no MJ... :nervous:  I am a scared dude. :ninja:

Read what Au165 said here and tell me you stand by that prediction Hawk.

We have Gio and Rawls to cushion the blow of the Mixon injury.

Hopkins just played decent at Center against a tougher front.

Could be closer to the opposite of your prediction. :mellow:

I was thinking of you the whole time I wrote that up. Ever the eternal optimist you are. :). Nothing wrong with that dude, glad you are who you are!

Every year we’ve been doing these weekly predictions and I dog the Bengals as hard as I can. I do it to make myself feel better when they win after dogging them. It’s a better feeling than when I have high expectations and they let me down.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
This will be a defense dictated game, and with injuries on both sides on offense, I don't see the winner winning by more than a touchdown.

Unless there is a safety or turnover TD, a 23-20 score seems reasonable.

I hope we are on the winning side here, but with Price and Mixon out, I am a bit concerned.

I just don't care for this schedule we are handed. Opening the season on the road, 3 of first 4 games on the road, and two of those are back to back road games against Superbowl Teams from 2 and 3 years ago.

Eifert, Boyd and Ross have to step up. They will be the difference.
Reply/Quote
Panther fans won't be able to accuse Burfict of twisting Olsen's ankle this time..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals: 24
Panthers: 20
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
34 - Cinci
23 - Carol
Reply/Quote