Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Pass Rush Players STINK
If Geno isn't healthy, he should be inactive. If he IS healthy, he should be getting more snaps.

It took AJ a bit to find his way back, give Atkins thexsame shot.
Reply/Quote
We now have the 32nd ranked pass rush. Clearly influencing the rest of the defense. Our pass defense could probably be much better if we had an actual viable pass rush.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
It's weird how they both fell off at the same time
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 03:07 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We now have the 32nd ranked pass rush. Clearly influencing the rest of the defense. Our pass defense could probably be much better if we had an actual viable pass rush.

Haven't had one for years outside of the occasional LB/DB blitz. Seriously, it's all about 4 man bull-rushing on this team with ZERO moves by their DL. I said it once and again it's almost like there's a mobster waiting for these guys after the game and paying up for not touching the QB. Should be an investigation.
Reply/Quote
Yes we need some new players up front who are actual playmakers. But we also BADLY need some actual TECHNIQUE up front also. Watch our defense - no twists, no stunts, nothing. Just put our guys on theirs and hope someone wins? This is LAZY coaching and scheming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:26 PM)kevin Wrote: The Atkins / Dunlap era is Dead.  We need new players.

Yesterday in Ohio State game, Urban Meyer said Pass Defense is 80% Pass Rush.   When Championship Urban Meyer talks football, people should listen as when Sparky Anderson talked baseball.  

The Bengals had no Pass Rush against Rivers or Mayfield and therefore per Meyer, NO PASS DEFENSE.  Today was awful the way the D let Browns score easy in 4th quarter, Burrow brought Bengals back ahead, and D let Browns score easy again.

Many on here want new coaches.  I blame the players left over from Marvin.  It is time to admit Atkins and Dunlap best years are over.  So DRAFT THE BEST PASS RUSHING MONSTER IN THE 2021 DRAFT.   Try to get a Mean Joe Green or a Bruce Smith type.  

To those who say O Line,  I can see that, but we have the Left Tackle.  I think we can get O Line help after Round 1.   The Bengals Pass Rush is awful and will be awful no matter who the coaches are.  We need to draft some Monsters to Pass Rush.

Bengals should have a high pick, and able to get a Monster on the D Line to Pass Rush.  After the last few games, this should not even be up for debate.  We have NO DEFENSE because we have NO PASS RUSH.  The Marvin Atkins / Dunlap era is Dead, time to bring in new Monsters to Pass Rush.

I think before the Draft we need to open it up in FA by improving the O-line with big money. This will free up the Draft to go 
get the best pass rushers and run stoppers available. Just the opposite of last year's FA. Go get O-lineman, Draft Defense.

Cause yeah, we need to get this D back to relevant with a pass rush and being able to stop the run.

We give Burrow the proven O-line and do this, we are on our way once again to being a competitor and with Burrow, more 
than just one that gets to the Playoffs IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If not one guy is succeeding in the pass rush, it tells me that there is more to it.

Under Lewis and Zimmer we could bring in a roll playing pass rusher off the street and get success with them.

Now, not one player is capable of getting home?

I'm not saying Father Time doesn't have anything to do with Dunlaps lack of production, but no one else is succeeding either.

Again, it is the coaching.

Yeah, but if you try and speak up, you get told to stay home and subsequently fired/traded.

So, "take your zero sacks and like it! We don't care about winning around here."

Carlos should have kept it in house but a good player is not going to sit there being unproductive because of coaching. The best players won't allow that, they will integrate with the coaches to help them make better decisions. is Geno sitting there smiling with zero sacks?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think before the Draft we need to open it up in FA by improving the O-line with big money. This will free up the Draft to go 
get the best pass rushers and run stoppers available. Just the opposite of last year's FA. Go get O-lineman, Draft Defense.

Cause yeah, we need to get this D back to relevant with a pass rush and being able to stop the run.

We give Burrow the proven O-line and do this, we are on our way once again to being a competitor and with Burrow, more 
than just one that gets to the Playoffs IMO.

Ideally we'd open it up by signing a pass-rusher in a trade who better fits our scheme so we don't have to reach for a position in the draft and can just go BPA to try and find difference makers (which may still be another EDGE).
Reply/Quote