Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Patriots predictions
(12-19-2022, 12:15 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: SoRrY bUt BiLl BeLlIcHiCk Is CoMiNg OfF aN eMbArRaSsInG lOsS, PaTrIoTs 24 BeNgAlS 17

Hear you, but bengals are better. I struggle to see how pats get two touchdowns, much less 24.

23-13 bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think this one could be a really tough ugly game. Really need to find a way to get the running game going. I think the Bengals find a way to get a win. Bengals 20-17. Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
27 - 17 Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Strange fact, the Bengals have not beat New England in New England since 1986. Bad weather with wet and windy conditions, so we need the running game more than ever. Picking NE over the good guys 22-21. I've been wrong every time so far. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
It’ll be a close one. Better coaching wins out

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 20-17 Bengals in a cold, bone jarring defensive slugfest.

x2
Reply/Quote
Patriots defense is really good and they'll keep NE in the game against us, but ultimately, our offense will find a way to overcome it in the 2nd half while the Patriots' offense will not be able to muster much against our offense.

Bengals win 24-10
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I just hope I have power for furnace and TV come Saturday Christmas Eve to watch the game. Friday will be the worst of this major Winter storm in Ohio, with winds to be 50 to 60 mph battering iced up power lines and tree branches. I would love to wake up Saturday with heat and power on. If not, who knows when power will be restored with so many outages and also the Holiday Weekend.

As for the game, if Ohio has it's worst weather Friday, the Foxboro / Boston area will have their worst weather Saturday. Game conditions will be freezing cold in snow with too much wind. The football will be like a frozen brick. The wind will take passes and kicks in every direction except where it is suppose to go. Probably not good footing for the running games either. Both Bengals and Patriots have top notch Defenses anyway. This will be a low scoring Defensive Game in lousy weather, even by NFL standards.

So I hope most of you have furnace heat and power on Saturday to watch the game and enjoy Holidays. I hope Bengals win, but I look for it to be a game played in awful conditions. Not just the cold and snow, but the high winds. So don't complain if Burrow throws a pass to Chase and the wind carries it not even close to him, or if McPherson kicks get blown wide of the goal post. However when I saw that the Bengals had to play at New England this close to January, I expected bad weather, but this may be worse than expected.

Often these high wind, snow, blizzard games end up with score like 6 to 3 as if playing on ice in a hockey game. So this helps The Patriots at home on Christmas Eve. I think the Bengals are better, but due to the weather, I would be happy with any kind of a Bengals win in this once in a generation Christmas Blizzard. A Bengals win, but more important that your Families are safe and sound with heat and power through this storm pounding across USA.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Patriots defense is really good and they'll keep NE in the game against us, but ultimately, our offense will find a way to overcome it in the 2nd half while the Patriots' offense will not be able to muster much against our offense.

Bengals win 24-10

The Patriots offense has to play against our offense ?  Shocked That ought to be interesting
Reply/Quote
I think this game is pretty simple, really.

If the Bengals contain New England's run game, then they will win. Mac Jones and company simply don't have enough juice to win this game if they don't have everything opened up for them by Rhamondre Stevenson. That's why the Sam Hubbard injury looms large, because outside DJ Reader and maybe the two linebackers, he is the most important cog in the Bengals run defense machine. They're going to have to step up in his absence. If the Patriots are able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage on offense, then that'll simplify everything for Mac Jones and make this game a dangerous one.

If the Bengals DO stop the run consistently, then I think it'll just be a win, period. Even if the Patriots play strong defense, the offense would likely only need to generate about 20 points to take care of business.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 05:35 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think this game is pretty simple, really.

If the Bengals contain New England's run game, then they will win. Mac Jones and company simply don't have enough juice to win this game if they don't have everything opened up for them by Rhamondre Stevenson. That's why the Sam Hubbard injury looms large, because outside DJ Reader and maybe the two linebackers, he is the most important cog in the Bengals run defense machine. They're going to have to step up in his absence. If the Patriots are able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage on offense, then that'll simplify everything for Mac Jones and make this game a dangerous one.

If the Bengals DO stop the run consistently, then I think it'll just be a win, period. Even if the Patriots play strong defense, the offense would likely only need to generate about 20 points to take care of business.

I still worried about NE defense, this is a better overall defense especially in points that we have faced and they have 3rd ranked defense in sacks.. that is a concern with our protection history
Reply/Quote
We get the running game back on track in the bad weather...

Bengals - 34
Patriots - 18
Reply/Quote
im real worrie bout this game. burrow aint looked great in 3 of these last 4 ones. he seemed like a little off in those. the defnse has really been doing the job but offense hasnt look all that great in past month except for chiefs. im worried burrow is gonna struggle with the winds cause he dont have the stringest arm and they are good at turnovers. i hope the defense can be really good again cause i think were gonna need them big this week.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 03:29 PM)kevin Wrote: I just hope I have power for furnace and TV come Saturday Christmas Eve to watch the game.  Friday will be the worst of this major Winter storm in Ohio, with winds to be 50 to 60 mph battering iced up power lines and tree branches.  I would love to wake up Saturday with heat and power on.  If not, who knows when power will be restored with so many outages and also the Holiday Weekend.

As for the game, if Ohio has it's worst weather Friday, the Foxboro / Boston area will have their worst weather Saturday.  Game conditions will be freezing cold in snow with too much wind.  The football will be like a frozen brick. The wind will take passes and kicks in every direction except where it is suppose to go.  Probably not good footing for the running games either.  Both Bengals and Patriots have top notch Defenses anyway.  This will be a low scoring Defensive Game in lousy weather, even by NFL standards.

So I hope most of you have furnace heat and power on Saturday to watch the game and enjoy Holidays.  I hope Bengals win, but I look for it to be a game played in awful conditions.  Not just the cold and snow, but the high winds.  So don't complain if Burrow throws a pass to Chase and the wind carries it not even close to him, or if McPherson kicks get blown wide of the goal post.  However when I saw that the Bengals had to play at New England this close to January, I expected bad weather, but this may be worse than expected.  

Often these high wind, snow, blizzard games end up with score like 6 to 3 as if playing on ice in a hockey game.  So this helps The Patriots at home on Christmas Eve.  I think the Bengals are better, but due to the weather, I would be happy with any kind of a Bengals win in this once in a generation Christmas Blizzard.  A Bengals win, but more important that your Families are safe and sound with heat and power through this storm pounding across USA.

Power has been out twice so far today here in Northeastern PA. Second incident just came back on. I just looked up weather conditions for Boston, and while warmer in Boston (21 degrees) than here (6 degrees)  and in Cincinnati (17 degrees) , it seems Saturday the wind in Boston will be very strong, 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. So, it seems the running game would be paramount and FG kicks only close in to be confident.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 11:39 PM)Leon Wrote: im real worrie bout this game. burrow aint looked great in 3 of these last 4 ones. he seemed like a little off in those. the defnse has really been doing the job but offense hasnt look all that great in past month except for chiefs. im worried burrow is gonna struggle with the winds cause he dont have the stringest arm and they are good at turnovers. i hope the defense can be really good again cause i think were gonna need them big this week.

Yup

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 11:39 PM)Leon Wrote: im real worrie bout this game. burrow aint looked great in 3 of these last 4 ones. he seemed like a little off in those. the defnse has really been doing the job but offense hasnt look all that great in past month except for chiefs. im worried burrow is gonna struggle with the winds cause he dont have the stringest arm and they are good at turnovers. i hope the defense can be really good again cause i think were gonna need them big this week.

Only if we don't run the ball in the Gap scheme IMO...
Reply/Quote
With the way the Patriots lost the last one, I expect this to be a very bloody game. And I think Bailey Zappe may be put in if things don't get rolling with Mac Jones in the first half.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:10 AM)Nepa Wrote: Power has been out twice so far today here in Northeastern PA. Second incident just came back on. I just looked up weather conditions for Boston, and while warmer in Boston (21 degrees) than here (6 degrees)  and in Cincinnati (17 degrees) , it seems Saturday the wind in Boston will be very strong, 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. So, it seems the running game would be paramount and FG kicks only close in to be confident.

Glad it came back on for you.  Does anybody remember the hurricane Ike game of 2008.  As soon as Carson Palmer threw the ball, the wind took it off to the sidelines, same with kickers.  We like to think these athletes are Super Hero's and nothing in the real world effects them, but this once in a generation wind blizzard that has shut down most of USA at Christmas is going to effect this game.  I can't see how anybody would think this will be a nice sunny game with teams scoring a lot of points.  I doubt either team will be able to move the ball much.  I've seen many snow & wind & sub zero games.  Dallas vs Green Bay 1967.  Bengals vs Buffalo 1969.  San Diego vs Bengals 1981.   I have seen footage of Michigan vs Ohio State 1950.   These are examples of how moving the ball down the field becomes next to impossible.  You are right about the field goals also. You can forget 50 yards, because teams are lucky if they can make a 10 yard field goal. No passing game, no kicking game, and running is hard also. Often such games are decided by the football fumbled in the snow and cold, or some such weather turnover.

One thing these players will not want today is overtime. They will want off the field and out of the cold, and it's Christmas Eve for them also. Nobody on the field will want overtime.

Watching the News and how bad USA is in this storm, and if New England anything like Buffalo, maybe NFL needs to use some common sense and cancel many games or reschedule. Fans should not really be trying to drive to and from these games, or sitting through them. This is not a normal snow storm. I would have no problem if NFL does not play this game, and other games today. Moving to a domed stadium is out due to airports closed all across USA.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
20 - 13 Bengals
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

I'd be worried about the wind but the Bengals don't even really throw the ball deep any more. It's all quick passes to the outside, slants, and check downs. Wind will have minimal effect. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote