Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Play 4th Easiest Schedule in the NFL
I know that a lot of this is skewed by playing the 1 win Browns twice...

I always take these strength of schedules from before the season with a huge grain of salt as teams change in quality from year to year.

But...interesting none-the-less.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule-colts-have-it-easiest-broncos-face-a-slate-of-doom/

I think this inflates our playoff hopes some.

Thoughts...
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I know that a lot of this is skewed by playing the 1 win Browns twice...

I always take these strength of schedules from before the season with a huge grain of salt as teams change in quality from year to year.

But...interesting none-the-less.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule-colts-have-it-easiest-broncos-face-a-slate-of-doom/

I think this inflates our playoff hopes some.

Thoughts...

May as well pencil in the Bengals vs the best of the AFC South in the AFC championship game! Garfield
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals do really really well this season.
Reply/Quote
8-8......that's my record prediction.  Even with the easy schedule. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to go with the Ced is better on the left scenario and say that Mixon runs like the wind against our opponents forcing Hill to produce more, while Green and Ross and Boyd go wild.... 13- 3  Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
If I just look at the schedule and don't think about it too hard...I could see us going 10-6.

If I look at it and ponder who we play on the road and past history (Steelers own us)...I could come back with 6-10 or 7-9.

Teams like Jacksonville and Tennessee should be improved. Cleveland should be atleast a little better.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm going to go with the Ced is better on the left scenario and say that Mixon runs like the wind against our opponents forcing Hill to produce more, while Green and Ross and Boyd go wild.... 13- 3  Who Dey!!!

I really don't think 13-3 is that insane. I went through every teams schedule and did my own predictions for the entire NFL and we came out at 13-3. Granted, I could still see that as 10-6 or 11-5 or 12-4. 13-3 is like an everything goes right prediction for me. I feel like everything went wrong last year. 
Reply/Quote
I find it quite funny that the Patriots are the reigning Super Bowl Champions and 11 teams wind up with harder schedules....
Reply/Quote
Yikes-this is tough to predict. I will go 9-7. 13-3 is asking a lot.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 12:53 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: I really don't think 13-3 is that insane. I went through every teams schedule and did my own predictions for the entire NFL and we came out at 13-3. Granted, I could still see that as 10-6 or 11-5 or 12-4. 13-3 is like an everything goes right prediction for me. I feel like everything went wrong last year. 

IF we had Whitworth, Zeitler, and Smith on our offensive line along with Bodine and Boling...I could see the possibility of 12 wins.

With a below average to average at best offensive line...I can't see it.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 12:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I find it quite funny that the Patriots are the reigning Super Bowl Champions and 11 teams wind up with harder schedules....

It's because only 2 games are actually determined by your record the year before:
http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule
Reply/Quote
I'm coming up with 10 and 6 or 9 and 7.

Barely in or barely out of the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I never liked these preseason schedule rankings. I wish they would look at it again after the season, but as far as I know they don't. I'll bet we'll have played a much harder schedule intially thought.

The offensive line will REALLY hurt this team. I say Marvin gets his fourth 8-8 season and hopefully (mercifully) walks away
Reply/Quote
What a coincidence.

My senior year in high school I was voted 4th easiest in my class.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What a coincidence.

My senior year in high school I was voted 4th easiest in my class.

So the transgender operation was a success?

;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's because only 2 games are actually determined by your record the year before:
http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule

Yes, I get that... I just find it funny. You would think the Super Bowl Champions would get the hardest schedule to make it harder to repeat....
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:55 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So the transgender operation was a success?  

;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I went to an all boys school.

[Image: logo.jpg]
Reply/Quote
By and large the scheduling formula works pretty well. It's far better than what used to happen - remember the multiple seasons where we were Top 5 hardest schedule while the Stealers would get schedules where the opponent winning percentage was under .400?

Or when we had a six team division which meant we had more divisional games than out of division?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 01:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we had Whitworth, Zeitler, and Smith on our offensive line along with Bodine and Boling...I could see the possibility of 12 wins.

With a below average to average at best offensive line...I can't see it.

Agree,

I don't think there's much doubt about this teams success being tied to the O-line. We've got basically all the other pieces to win 10 - 12 games, maybe more ? Now post season is another matter, I have zero faith in Marvin.

These pre-season strength of schedule things are basically just a joke though.
Reply/Quote
I know our O-line is our weak spot but still....
w/ Mixon/Gio/Hill running & w/ all our receivers....
I see 13 wins....3 losses & yes the AFC north div crown....

but I always was a glass 1/2 full guy....
Reply/Quote