Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Playoff Draw
Obviously given the history of the organization in the playoffs, nothing can be taken for granted, but I think we got about as good a draw as we could have gotten.

Raiders traveling across the country to a cold weather city on a short week following a huge, emotional overtime game while we rested most of our starters. We get a team at home we beat by 19 points at their place.

Win and we get the Titans in Nashville. I'd much rather play them on the road than the Chiefs in Kansas City.

Bengals have to come out focused on one game at a time, but I really like this draw a lot.
Reply/Quote
Far from a guarantee we end up in Nashville, but overall I agree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think we play Tennessee. I think Tennessee plays the lowest remaining seed. So if Pittsburgh manages to with they go to Tennessee.

If KC wins and so does NE then NE would go to Tennessee.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't think we play Tennessee. I think Tennessee plays the lowest remaining seed. So if Pittsburgh manages to with they go to Tennessee.

Pittsburgh isn’t beating KC
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Pittsburgh isn’t beating KC

That's not really the point is it. And the jags aren't beating the colts... Oh wait.
Reply/Quote

Not far fetched to believe New England upsets Buffalo though.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:06 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Obviously given the history of the organization in the playoffs, nothing can be taken for granted, but I think we got about as good a draw as we could have gotten.

Raiders traveling across the country to a cold weather city on a short week following a huge, emotional overtime game while we rested most of our starters. We get a team at home we beat by 19 points at their place.

Win and we get the Titans in Nashville. I'd much rather play them on the road than the Chiefs in Kansas City.

Bengals have to come out focused on one game at a time,  but I really like this draw a lot.

Remember, the NFL reseeds.
So the Bengals only get the Titans if the Bills and Chiefs also win.
If Steelers win, they get Titans.
If Chiefs win but Patriots win, Patriots get Titans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It helps that the Raiders played an overtime game late into last night, lost 1 or 2 starters, they have to travel, and it is a very short week for them. However, I still would rather have drawn the Patriots. That's not because I don't think we can beat the Raiders, obviously we can, but with our O line being dinged up and no idea who will play, I'd rather face NE's defense than LV's. That said, in the 2nd half last night LA's receivers seemed to forget how to catch the ball. Ours won't. I think they need to put Johnson at RT and run the ball.

On edit: This is how I felt all along about this game, until last night. I almost forgot for a minute, the Raiders could have just run the ball 4 times and the game would have been over. They would be in the playoffs and Shitsburgh wouldn't. Screw them, I hope JoeyB and the boys break it off in them.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not far fetched to believe New England upsets Buffalo though.

It wouldn't really be an upset if NE beats Buffalo.  NE did win the last time they played in Buffalo

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:17 PM)pally Wrote: It wouldn't really be an upset if NE beats Buffalo.  NE did win the last time they played in Buffalo
In a blizzard when Mac Jones passed less than Tebow

I mean it's certainly possible but that game was such a wired anomaly I wouldn't put much stock in it.
Reply/Quote

It's like people have never watched a Pittsburgh game before...... Nervous They'll hold all game and they'll play dirty and the refs will look the other way. Fat Jen's Swan Song is being written.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not far fetched to believe New England upsets Buffalo though.

Bengals' fans need to root for the Patriots from now up until they show up at PBS for the AFC championship game.  We need them to take out the Bills and the Chiefs for us so we can host the title game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remember, the NFL reseeds.
So the Bengals only get the Titans if the Bills and Chiefs also win.
If Steelers win, they get Titans.
If Chiefs win but Patriots win, Patriots get Titans.

Yeah, I should have said if the higher seeds win. I don't think the Steelers have a snow balls chance in hell of beating KC. If Buffalo beats NE, and I think they will, then we'll  travel to Nashville with a win. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:37 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Bengals' fans need to root for the Patriots from now up until they show up at PBS for the AFC championship game.  We need them to take out the Bills and the Chiefs for us so we can host the title game.

If the Patriots beat the Bills, then the Bengals play the Chiefs (unless the Steelers beat the Chiefs). If the Pats win, I start sweating that round 2 matchup....the Titans would be much easier to beat than the Chiefs. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:14 PM)motoarch Wrote: That's not really the point is it.  And the jags aren't beating the colts... Oh wait.

[Image: FIr5NcaXwAYZmUj?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's like people have never watched a Pittsburgh game before...... Nervous They'll hold all game and they'll play dirty and the refs will look the other way. Fat Jen's Swan Song is being written.

You're correct and it is the reason why these type of images exist:

[Image: 1aunm6.jpg]
Reply/Quote