Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Probably Guilty Of Reading Their Own Press Clippings
From Knute Rockne to Woody Hayes, one of the problems coaches have talked about is their teams winning and then the players start to read the media on how great they are. A sure fired way to then lose to a team they should never lose to.

All week long. Isn't Chase the best rookie ever. Isn't Burrow to Chase the greatest pass combo ever. And isn't the Bengals Defense the greatest defense ever. And shouldn't we start buying Bengals Super Bowl tickets now before they are all sold out. Isn't it great how the media now loves our Bengals. Who is your favorite Bengals, and aren't they all just the best ever

So after all The Hype and Praise shoveled upon The Bengals, as coaches of the past warned teams from the 1930's to now, The Bengals got the Big Head. They believed they were unbeatable. They tried to say The Jets might be a trap game, but in reality The Bengals Players could not help thinking this game would be easy.

One thing about a loss like this, it stings like a batch. A giant wake up call that The Bengals have not won anything yet. That they are NOT the best team to ever walk on a football field. That they have a lot more hard work in practices and games to put in to win this season.

The great Packers years are stories of how Vince Lombardi would tell the players each game that they have to give even more. The Packers would wonder how much more could they give if they were winning already. Lombardi would say they still have to give more. This applies to the 2021 Bengals.

Now THE GOOD NEWS is The Bengals are 5-3. That they beat the Ravens. The Bad News is they lost to The Jets. Now coming up is a game Ohio has waited for this year. Who is better, The Cleveland Browns or The Cincinnati Bengals ? The Browns started out great, but have had injuries, but some of those players are back. Then the Bengals got hot until the Jets game.

So Bengals got their Wake Up Call in their loss to Jets. Nobody has handed Burrow to Chase a Super Bowl Trophy just yet. No time to cry, here come the Cleveland Browns ready to knock the Bengals into the Ohio River. Throw away the press clippings and hype after the Ravens win. Time for the Bengals to reach down and give more, as Lombardi would say. To win, The Bengals have to give more. The Jets show The Bengals are not a great team yet, but they could be by seasons end. The Bengals Players need to give more each week, starting with The Cleveland Browns.

A win over The Browns and 6-3 at the bye week would be good. Not great, but good. Of course this Bengals vs Browns Game is going to be a WAR. I would not bet on who is going to win this one. I'm hoping Bengals, but if healthy the Browns are a very good team.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:38 PM)kevin Wrote: From Knute Rockne to Woody Hayes, one of the problems coaches have talked about is their teams winning and then the players start to read the media on how great they are.  A sure fired way to then lose to a team they should never lose to.

All week long.  Isn't Chase the best rookie ever.  Isn't Burrow to Chase the greatest pass combo ever.  And isn't the Bengals Defense the greatest defense ever.  And shouldn't we start buying Bengals Super Bowl tickets now before they are all sold out.  Isn't it great how the media now loves our Bengals.  Who is your favorite Bengals, and aren't they all just the best ever

So after all The Hype and Praise shoveled upon The Bengals, as coaches of the past warned teams from the 1930's to now, The Bengals got the Big Head. They believed they were unbeatable.  They tried to say The Jets might be a trap game, but in reality The Bengals Players could help thinking this game would be easy.

One thing about a loss like this, it stings like a batch.  A giant wake up call that The Bengals have not won anything yet.  That they are NOT the best team to ever walk on a football field.  That they have a lot more hard work in practices and games to put in to win this season.

The great Packers years are stories of how Vince Lombardi would tell the players each game that they have to give even more.  The Packers would wonder how much more could they give if they were winning already.  Lombardi would say they still have to give more.  This applies to the 2021 Bengals.

Now THE GOOD NEWS is The Bengals are 5-3.  That they beat the Ravens.  The Bad News is they lost to The Jets.  Now coming up is a game Ohio has waited for this year.  Who is better, The Cleveland Browns or The Cincinnati Bengals ?   The Browns started out great, but have had injuries, but some of those players are back. Then the Bengals got hot until the Jets game.

So Bengals got their Wake Up Call in their loss to Jets.  Nobody has handed Burrow to Chase a Super Bowl Trophy just yet.  No time to cry, here come the Cleveland Browns ready to knock the Bengals into the Ohio River. Throw away the press clippings and hype after the Ravens win.  Time for the Bengals to reach down and give more, as Lombardi would say.  To win, The Bengals have to give more.  The Jets show The Bengals are not a great team yet, but they could be by seasons end.  The Bengals Players need to give more each week, starting with The Cleveland Browns.  

A win over The Browns and 6-3 at the bye week would be good.  Not great, but good.  Of course this Bengals vs Browns Game is going to be a WAR.  I would not bet on who is going to win this one. I'm hoping Bengals, but if healthy the Browns are a very good team.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Totally agree with you and the press clippings. 

However, if Cleveland comes out and runs short slants next week, which is what I would do, then we'll see if our defense can tackle because no one wanted step up and be physical this week. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:40 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Totally agree with you and the press clippings. 

However, if Cleveland comes out and runs short slants next week, which is what I would do, then we'll see if our defense can tackle because no one wanted step up and be physical this week. 

Look who crawled out after our first loss since GB...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Look who crawled out after our first loss since GB...

yep it's been a minute.  Honestly assessment we had a chance to win yesterday but didnt. 

They should've never been in the situation to depend on ref's making a right call at the end. 

Do I think this determines the rest of their season?  nope.  I think they win next week against Cleveland now. 

I think this is a young team who's learning to win.  I think the defense allowed their ego's get too big after a week of press clippings. 

Actually, I believe i posted on her after another game and revised my season predictions based off the defense and gave Lou props.  

So maybe you should actually double check my post. 
Reply/Quote
When you mention the Super Bowl then lose to the jets....
Reply/Quote