Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals QB trivia
Answers will be posted in 24 hours.

1. What Bengal QB threw for over 700 yards in a college game?

2. What Bengal QB had over 6000 yards of total offense in a single college season?

3. What Bengal QB ended his college career holding the Division I record for career total tds (rush+ pass) and second in career total offense (rush yards + pass yards)?

4. What Pro Bowl QB drafted by the Bengals was the son of an NBA All-Star?

5. Who is the only QB to lead the league in pass attempts while a Bengal?

6. In Bengal history there have been 5 QBs who had a season with at least 150 pass attempts and a completion percentage below 50%. Can you name the two QBs who did it in the same season.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Answers will be posted in 24 hours.

1.  What Bengal QB threw for over 700 yards in a college game?

2.  What Bengal QB had over 6000 yards of total offense in a single college season?

3.  What Bengal QB ended his college career holding the Division I record for career total tds (rush+ pass) and second in career total offense (rush yards + pass yards)?

4.  What Pro Bowl QB drafted by the Bengals was the son of an NBA All-Star?

5.  Who is the only QB to lead the league in pass attempts while a Bengal?

6.  In Bengal history there have been 5 QBs who had a season with at least 150 pass attempts and a completion percentage below 50%.  Can you name the two QBs who did it in the same season.

1 David Klingler
2 David Klingler
3 David Klingler
4 Jeff Blake
5 Ken Anderson
6 Scott Mitchell & Akili Smith
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Klingler

2.  What Bengal QB had over 6000 yards of total offense in a single college season?
Klingler

3.  What Bengal QB ended his college career holding the Division I record for career total tds (rush+ pass) and second in career total offense (rush yards + pass yards)?
Reggie McNeal? I think I made this one up.

Virgil Carter

Ken Anderson

6.  In Bengal history there have been 5 QBs who had a season with at least 150 pass attempts and a completion percentage below 50%.  Can you name the two QBs who did it in the same season.
Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

1.) Klingler
2.) Klinger again?
3.) Klingler again???
4.) Not sure, but I know it's not Dalton, Palmer, or Esiason.  Ken Anderson doesn't sound right unless the old man was an NBA All-Star in the 40's.  Jeff Blake?  Maybe someone cool I don't even know about.
5.) Anderson???
6.) Some pair during the 90's.  Akili + someone.  Scott Mitchell maybe?
Reply/Quote

1. What Bengal QB threw for over 700 yards in a college game?

2. What Bengal QB had over 6000 yards of total offense in a single college season?

3. What Bengal QB ended his college career holding the Division I record for career total tds (rush+ pass) and second in career total offense (rush yards + pass yards)?

4. What Pro Bowl QB drafted by the Bengals was the son of an NBA All-Star?

5. Who is the only QB to lead the league in pass attempts while a Bengal?

6. In Bengal history there have been 5 QBs who had a season with at least 150 pass attempts and a completion percentage below 50%. Can you name the two QBs who did it in the same season.

1. Klingler
2. Burrow (how people think Klingler, I have no clue; Klinger was a statue in college)
3. Andy, though I have a feeling this will be Klingler.
4. I don't know if his father was an NBA All-Star, but Mike Boryla was the only QB we drafted that became a Pro Bowler not with us (that I also have 0 clue about) so I'm going him.
5. Carsone. The only one I'm shaky on, but I think it was Carsone in 2006.
6. Should be Akili and Mitchell in 2000, as everyone has mentioned.

EDIT* 3. Isn't Klingler OR Andy. I KNOW EXACTLY WHO IT IS and I'm kicking myself because I should've figured it out. Grr.........

BTW, Fred, I STILL think he's the leader and 2nd, in the respective categories...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

1.  What Bengal QB threw for over 700 yards in a college game? Klingler

2.  What Bengal QB had over 6000 yards of total offense in a single college season? Burrow--i'm thinking this might be a trick question and be Klingler again though...but i'll go with Burrow, assuming there are no duplicates.

3.  What Bengal QB ended his college career holding the Division I record for career total tds (rush+ pass) and second in career total offense (rush yards + pass yards)? "the fever"

4.  What Pro Bowl QB drafted by the Bengals was the son of an NBA All-Star? Jeff Blake

5.  Who is the only QB to lead the league in pass attempts while a Bengal? Palmer

6.  In Bengal history there have been 5 QBs who had a season with at least 150 pass attempts and a completion percentage below 50%.  Can you name the two QBs who did it in the same season. Scott Mitchell and Akili Smith

Full disclosure. After writing as many Bengals QB names down as i could think of, 4 of the 6 answers are complete guesses. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 12:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 1 David Klingler
2 David Klingler
3 David Klingler

4 Jeff Blake
5 Ken Anderson
6 Scott Mitchell & Akili Smith

Damn you! Now you have me doubting my reasoning... Mad  

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Those are all Joe Burroughs
Reply/Quote

1.  What Bengal QB threw for over 700 yards in a college game? - Dave Klingler?

2.  What Bengal QB had over 6000 yards of total offense in a single college season? Joe Burrow?

3.  What Bengal QB ended his college career holding the Division I record for career total tds (rush+ pass) and second in career total offense (rush yards + pass yards)? - Dan (catch the fever) LeFevour?

4.  What Pro Bowl QB drafted by the Bengals was the son of an NBA All-Star? No clue

5.  Who is the only QB to lead the league in pass attempts while a Bengal? Jon Kitna, I want to say in 2001

6.  In Bengal history there have been 5 QBs who had a season with at least 150 pass attempts and a completion percentage below 50%.  Can you name the two QBs who did it in the same season. - Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell in 2000...the worst QB performance in modern NFL history
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
1. David Klingler
2. Joe Burrow
3. Dan Lafevour
4. I can't remember the name, but he played like 3-5 games for the Eagles in 73-75ish and didn't play particularly great just solid and somehow was named to the Pro Bowl. Yet, Ken Riley was never selected.
5. Jon Kitna
6. Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell?
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

1. Klingler
2. Bro
3. LeFevour
4. Mike Boryla.  We drafted him ion 4th round then immediately traded him to the eagles for a first round pick.  He started 5 games in 1975 and then got benched.  So many NFC QB got injured that he got selected to play in the Pro Bowl.  Ken Anderson was on the AFC team that year.  Boryla ended up leading a fourth quarter comeback for the victory.  Was never a starter again in the NFL.
5. Kitna
6. Scott Mutchell and Akilki Smith.  As someone already said, the worst passing team in modern NFL history. Averaged about 4 yards per pass play.
Reply/Quote