Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Radio Coverage
I'm aware of 700 WLW and 1530. Any other stations in the Cincy market that covers Bengals Football? 700 WLW is Politics and News most of the day and it seems as if 1530 mostly syndicates National ESPN shows. Here in Indy, there ESPN station has more local programming, which I like.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes WEBN will carry games..
Reply/Quote
Fox sports 1360 rarely
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 12:14 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'm aware of 700 WLW and 1530.  Any other stations in the Cincy market that covers Bengals Football?  700 WLW is Politics and News most of the day and it seems as if 1530 mostly syndicates National ESPN shows.  Here in Indy, there ESPN station has more local programming, which I like.

The only time ESPN 1530 is truly local is when Mo or Lance are on the air, the rest of the time its national shows. We don't really have anyone else aside from Mo and Lance that work for Clear Channel. They usually go back and forth from 700 and 1530 cause both stations are broadcast out of the same building and are under the Clear Channel umbrella.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 12:28 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The only time ESPN 1530 is truly local is when Mo or Lance are on the air, the rest of the time its national shows. We don't really have anyone else aside from Mo and Lance that work for Clear Channel. They usually go back and forth from 700 and 1530 cause both stations are broadcast out of the same building and are under the Clear Channel umbrella.

Yeah, I was hoping that wasn't the case.  I get tired of listening to Mo and Lance.  Indy's ESPN station has 3 local shows on daily where you get a huge dose of local Colts coverage.  I had hoped Cincy had a station with similar local programming but apparently not.  

Sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 12:34 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Yeah, I was hoping that wasn't the case.  I get tired of listening to Mo and Lance.  Indy's ESPN station has 3 local shows on daily where you get a huge dose of local Colts coverage.  I had hoped Cincy had a station with similar local programming but apparently not.  

Sucks.

I like Dakich but not a fan of the other Indy radio shows, most of the time I can get 700 WLW in Indy.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Pep rally on now....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh, just be glad you pick up something.

Up here in (literally) the middle of Michigan, I'm lucky if I can pick up 700 and sometimes I can get 1530 if I'm near Mount Pleasant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Here in Columbia SC there's no chance of picking up wlw.. BUT..I can listen to Lapham call games on bengals.com which is better than nothing. Beats Fouts on TV.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: Here in Columbia SC there's no chance of picking up wlw.. BUT..I can listen to Lapham call games on bengals.com which is better than nothing. Beats Fouts on TV.

Ah, good ol' Columbia. How's the heat and humidity this year?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: Here in Columbia SC there's no chance of picking up wlw.. BUT..I can listen to Lapham call games on bengals.com which is better than nothing. Beats Fouts on TV.

I'd rather listen to Lap than any of the TV guys.
Reply/Quote
This was a bit of a culture shock for me. I grew up in Chicago, the birthplace of sports talk radio (with Chet Coppock) and national programs never flew there. Mike & Mike have to be broadcast on the ESPN affiliate due to their rules, but that show loses to the local competitor always. Aside from that, ESPN 1000 is pretty local and 670 is 24 hours local, except for weekends. Milwaukee is very provincial, too. People want to hear local, and there are three local stations serving MKE. I like the guys here, but I was disappointed that it's just a few hours a day.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 08:11 PM)jowczarski Wrote: This was a bit of a culture shock for me. I grew up in Chicago, the birthplace of sports talk radio (with Chet Coppock) and national programs never flew there. Mike & Mike have to be broadcast on the ESPN affiliate due to their rules, but that show loses to the local competitor always. Aside from that, ESPN 1000 is pretty local and 670 is 24 hours local, except for weekends. Milwaukee is very provincial, too. People want to hear local, and there are three local stations serving MKE. I like the guys here, but I was disappointed that it's just a few hours a day.

There used to be a lot more local shows 10-15 years ago. Back then on 1360 Homer, "the Angry Guys" would get it started in the morning, then they had Jim Rome from noon-3pm, then it was local programming (Wild Man Walker and Lance) for 6 more hours at least. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 07:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'd rather listen to Lap than any of the TV guys.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQDQCx9bn1-ZTHg0tPxo-...D56HwXKFul]
Mah man!
Reply/Quote
Other than Lance and Mo, Ken Broo does a Sunday morning show on 700 that is a pre-game show. Then after that is another pre-game show up to kickoff. Outside of that and the 1 hour Bengals Line show either Monday or Tuesday, I dont really know.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 07:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'd rather listen to Lap than any of the TV guys.

Same here. He's in the locker room whenever it's open and knows the team inside-out, and isn't some putz CBS has sit down with a Bengals player for a phone conference. I like hearing all the inside dope. Yeah, he gets excited and yells sometimes, but so do I when Hill breaks an 80-yarder, as my wife can attest. But, folks can stick with their CBS idiot-of-the-week if they prefer. Chris Sims and Dan Fouts, I'm looking at you.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote