Rush O: 31
Pass O: 29
Scoring O: 31
Total D: 24
Rush D: 31
Pass D: 14
Scoring D: 18
Turnover +/-: 12t

Who would've ever thought we would be here with these stats today back in February...
Reply/Quote
Or you could just say: WE SUCK
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While the defense hasn't been perfect I have a hard time blaming them. They have played the Browns Ravens and Titans all 3 teams control games through the lead on thr ground. So it doesn't surprise me that the Bengals defensive rankings are low especially in run defense when the Bengals offense failed to take those teams out of their comfort zones by scoring points.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:48 AM)Synric Wrote: While the defense hasn't been perfect I have a hard time blaming them. They have played the Browns Ravens and Titans all 3 teams control games through the lead on thr ground. So it doesn't surprise me that the Bengals defensive rankings are low especially in run defense when the Bengals offense failed to take those teams out of their comfort zones by scoring points.

This. Honestly, their worst game was TN, they got beat from the jump. The rest of the time, they've been gassed after playing good enough early.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 09:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: This. Honestly, their worst game was TN, they got beat from the jump. The rest of the time, they've been gassed after playing good enough early.

Yep

I've bitched about the D very little thus far. It's hard to put it on them much when your O is averaging 10.5 points per game and outside of like two or three drives have looked like hammered horse doo. 

And that's one thing I believe many people overlook (myself included). But it all goes together! When the offense is playing that poorly it 100% effects the defense and vice-versa. Special teams figures in as well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:12 AM)GodFather Wrote: Updated Bengals rankings through the first 4 weeks

Total O: 32

Who would've ever thought we would be here with these stats today back in February...

When your offense is doing that poorly combined with your porous run defense, you're bound to have a losing record.
Recipe for disaster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Historic season so far... for Joe

"He is 32nd in completion percentage (57.6) and is averaging 4.8 yards per attempt, the lowest in NFL history for a quarterback with at least 150 attempts through four games. Burrow has two touchdowns and two interceptions."
Reply/Quote
You guys act as if everything is terrible, I see there is no mention that the Bengals are tied for 1st in extra point attempt fumbles lost? Haven't given up one yet. I'll also add, we do not have a single offsides penalty on kickoffs. Evan McPherson has a 36 game streak without being called for a single facemask penalty. Negative people can find negative information about everything.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:12 AM)GodFather Wrote: Updated Bengals rankings through the first 4 weeks

If you lose this weekend and score just under 20 points, im going to wonder if we would have been better off going with Browning.. this offense could do no worse it seems except the lack of turnovers by offense.. we have done a solid job of not turning it over but maybe with so many 3 and outs, that lowers the chances
Reply/Quote

Joe Burrow injured, so I want to forget the stats and ranks while he is injured.  The only stats and ranks I want is to hear is when Joe Burrow is ranked healthy again. Once Joe Burrow is healthy again, the Bengals will dominate again, because this team is only as good as Joe Burrow.  The team was lousy before they drafted Burrow, and the team is awful when he is injured, but when he is healthy, he makes the Bengals better than they have ever been in Bengals History. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The defensive stats should get better. They are skewed because the offense is tied with Pitts for most three and outs thus far at 48%. Shout out to the Pat McAfee show for that stat. When the offense begins to execute better and stay on the field longer the defense will get a little rest and should start getting some three and outs of their own.
Reply/Quote