Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals-Ravens... Can we talk about the officiating?
For once, the officiating wasn't a DISTRACTION.
Seemed to me to be a very-well-officiated game!

We love to pile on when the officiating is bad, well...
Let's give some props when it's due!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: For once, the officiating wasn't a DISTRACTION.

Felt like a game where the refs just said "go play" and let things go unless they were truly obvious.

Was nice to see.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: For once, the officiating wasn't a DISTRACTION.

I loved when trey Hendrickson showed Villanueva the hold on the big screen. So glad it got called. Would’ve been a sack for sure!

I agree, they let them play more often than not. It worked against us with Tee Higgins twice , but I can accept that since the ravens didn’t get a bunch of gifted pi’s like usual.
Reply/Quote
I loved it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Of course we loved it. They only called us for 1 penalty. If the number of calls would have gone the other way we'd have a thread talking about how pathetic the refs were for calling 1 penalty on the Ravens.

That said, I'll take those refs every game.
Reply/Quote
Very good game by the officials today
Reply/Quote
Thank you refs
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: Of course we loved it. They only called us for 1 penalty. If the number of calls would have gone the other way we'd have a thread talking about how pathetic the refs were for calling 1 penalty on the Ravens....

I'm not so sure about that...
I even agreed with the "no call" PI that WOULD HAVE HELPED the Bengals.
It seemed that there were no "WTF" penalties, today... they all felt CORRECT and FAIR, which is a nice change.
Reply/Quote
The officials missed a lot today, but they called it the same for both teams, which is extremely important.

When was the last time the Bengals had a zero penalty game?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Felt like a game where the refs just said "go play" and let things go unless they were truly obvious.

Was nice to see.
I wish this was how every game was called, honestly. Ticky tacky penalties are a black mark on any game, even if they happen to benefit your team in any given circumstance.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Was nice to see a game without flags every 3rd play.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: When was the last time the Bengals had a zero penalty game?

I don't know... but they didn't have one today.

They had a false-start late in the game.
Reply/Quote
As I said in the GD thread, as long as they were fair in letting our corners play, I was ok with it. Our corners never really got more aggressive, but Baltimore had more success over the middle with TEs anyway. But it is good that the corners don't develop bad habits. For every crew that "let's them play" there's five more that will throw a flag if you brush a receiver.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:00 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I don't know... but they didn't have one today.

They had a false-start late in the game.

I guess I missed that one.  I thought they went without one today Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wish this was how every game was called, honestly. Ticky tacky penalties are a black mark on any game, even if they happen to benefit your team in any given circumstance.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I'm 100% with you. The game flows much better when you aren't hearing the refs every other play announcing another penalty. Just need to let the players go out and play and only throw a flag when it is blatant.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Yes, it was very well officiated and a pleasant change from the games where you see a flag after every other play
Reply/Quote

I thought they missed two BLATANT Pass interference penalties, but Burrow just shrugged and said "I got the next one".
Reply/Quote
The officiating was fine because both teams played clean for the most part. Nobody relied on cheap-shots to get into their heads - unlike one scumbag team that got away with all that shit until recently when they threw the hammer down on enforcing those rules.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought they missed two BLATANT Pass interference penalties, but Burrow just shrugged and said "I got the next one".

Yep.  I think they were both against Tee Higgins?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The officiating was fine because both teams played clean for the most part. Nobody relied on cheap-shots to get into their heads - unlike one scumbag team that got away with all that shit until recently when they threw the hammer down on enforcing those rules.

It was nice to see a rivalry game that was competitive(at least early)that didn't come down to cheap shots.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote