Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wallace Gilberry
Thought for sure this was a guy we would re-sign.

Maybe he will eventually, but I haven't heard a peep about the Bengals wanting to re-sign him (even though they have mentioned Thompson and Sims).

Hopefully it means the team saw something good in Hardison, but I wanted Hardison to get bigger and just play DT.

It is not uncommon for guys to improve their game considerably from their rookie season to their second year.  But guys that have been around a while like Clarke (2 yrs) and Hunt (3 yrs) generally don't make large improvements.

Reply/Quote
One thing is for sure, the DL works best in as a rotation. So whatever they do it should involve guys who hold their own off the bench.

It's also a deep DT draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He operates best in the way that we have used him, as a sub. The times when he has had to start or has been on the field for extended periods due to injuries, he has not done as well.

Unfortunately, I think there will be teams out there that will offer him starter money due to his stats. And I can't blame him for wanting to take the money (football careers are short and injury-ridden and they want to get what they can while they are playing).

That is sort of how I see the math working on this one.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 07:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He operates best in the way that we have used him, as a sub. The times when he has had to start or has been on the field for extended periods due to injuries, he has not done as well.

Unfortunately, I think there will be teams out there that will offer him starter money due to his stats.

See also: Frostee Rucker, Jon Fanene
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 07:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: See also: Frostee Rucker, Jon Fanene

Exactly.

It is also possible that interested teams will only sign him to a one year deal, and he comes back next year like MJ.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Wallace will probably start making his rounds once the dust settles. Thats usually when the tier 2 guys start signing.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would like Gilberry back if we cannot get Bjeorn Werner for a little more dough.

Former 1st Round pick that fits a 4-3 would be nice to add. The dust would have to settle but Werner was cut...
Reply/Quote