Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Re-sign Boyd
Good deal for a young ascending player. Makes their lack of free agency spending a little easier to digest. Spending money on our own young talent is always a good idea. Even if the team decides to rebuild next year Boyd can be part of the future because of his age. Same goes for William Jackson III.
Reply/Quote
Very happy...now scared to death.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 01:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think for AJ who saw the Bengals not bring back Jones and Sanu, knowing they are serious about winning and paying Tyler may go a long way in getting his number to a good place. 

Excellent point, and this offense really uses the slot WR as I understand it.  Nice to not have to be looking for one next year.  Good job, Bengals.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When he said he wanted sterling shepherd money I said the deal should be done right then. Glad to see him back at a fair price. As long as his production stays where it is he will be cheap year 3-4 based on what other guys will be making at that point. Good deal for both sides. Now on to AJ!
Reply/Quote
Good move as Boyd will be an important part the rebuild.
Reply/Quote
Great news and at a good price as well. And 4 years is a good length for him to get another good contract in before hes 30.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 01:12 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Now give Green 3 years 48 mil and call it a day. Although i think they’re seriously considering shipping him around trade deadline to a contender if they can pull a first round pick assuming we’re not off to a hot start

I love me some AJ but That seems like a steep price for a 31 year old WR who has missed significant time in 2 of the last 3 years. I don't think AJ has done that much to be making more money than he is now when he's getting close to being or is already out of his prime.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 02:46 PM)HuDey Wrote: Good move as Boyd will be an important part the rebuild.

We're NOT rebuilding.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Good move by the Bengals.....and good on Tyler for coming out and saying he wanted to stay and signing the paper.  This was a big need.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:41 PM)Au165 Wrote:

That is a really solid deal by the Bengals as it puts him as a high end 2 with low end 1 upside.

Great move. Much better than letting him hit the open market like they did with Marvin Jones and Zeitler and others.

Now for extending AJ.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:41 PM)Au165 Wrote:

That is a really solid deal by the Bengals as it puts him as a high end 2 with low end 1 upside.

But....MB is cheap.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 03:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: But....MB is cheap.

It was cheaper than letting him hit the open market at the end of season. Just saying.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like the team has every intention of re-signing AJ