Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Ready To Explode and Clobber A Team
Clearly, the Bengals really need a win this Sunday, but a comfortable win would really help settle some nerves amongst the fan base.

Though flawed, this is still a very good team and they remain relatively healthy. If not for an AJ Green fumble and a suspect play call on 3rd & short, they could possibly be 10-0 and be considered easily the most dangerous 4th quarter team in the league. They may still be the latter and that speaks volumes about their mindset. Would I like to have a bigger lead on the Steelers right now? Sure. Am I worried that we will lose the North? Hell, no. This 2 game losing streak has not changed my belief that this is the best team this franchise has put on the field since Super Bowl XXIII. Every game is important, but I feel confident that the regular season now comes down to the game Denver to determine whether they get the 2 seed and a first round bye or get relegated to wild card weekend and host what will very likely be a very dangerous 6 seed.

Of course, as much as our fans are tired of hearing this narrative, whether they manage to take the 2 seed (or improbably steal the 1 seed) or stumble in as a wild card, none of this will matter - not the good nor the bad - if they do the opposite in the playoffs. The journey has been and will continue to be fun, but I really can't wait for January to get here.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Just as you wouldn't want to play the Patriots or other good teams after a loss, The Bengals are about ready to explode and take a team out behind the woodshed.
Yeah but the Patriots wouldn't lose to the Cards after playing horribly against the Texans. This team doesn't have the woodshed mentality. If they did their record would be 9-1.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 12:38 AM)GodFather Wrote: Yeah but the Patriots wouldn't lose to the Cards after playing horribly against the Texans. This team doesn't have the woodshed mentality. If they did their record would be 9-1.

That doesn't always matter.

The 2012 Ravens went on a 3 game losing streak. Losing to the 8-8 Steelers, at the time 6-6 Redskins, and then Broncos.
Things happen in the regular season. This team has shown they can come back in ANY game.

They beat the Seahawks after being down 17 points. That's hard to do against ANY NFL team. Let alone one that had been to the Super Bwl the last two years and winning one.
Reply/Quote
With the way we played against Arizona (minus the third quarter) we should beat the Rams. With this team? You never know. Any given Sunday.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 04:12 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That doesn't always matter.

The 2012 Ravens went on a 3 game losing streak. Losing to the 8-8 Steelers, at the time 6-6 Redskins, and then Broncos.
Things happen in the regular season. This team has shown they can come back in ANY game.

They beat the Seahawks after being down 17 points. That's hard to do against ANY NFL team. Let alone one that had been to the Super Bwl the last two years and winning one.

Look, it's great that the Bengals got it together and won that game, but the Seahawks haven't been pushing anyone around this year who isn't Kapernick or Jimmy Claussen.  Our offense just goes into a black hole of non-existence at times and it's spooky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 10:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Look, it's great that the Bengals got it together and won that game, but the Seahawks haven't been pushing anyone around this year who isn't Kapernick or Jimmy Claussen.  Our offense just goes into a black hole of non-existence at times and it's spooky.

Are you serious???

Average the 7th most yards a game. Average 26.6 points a game, 5th in the NFL.
9th passing offense and 13th rushing offense.

Just because we don't score every drive doesn't mean our offense is "non-existent".

We scored 24 or more points on 8 of our 10 opponents.
And that includes 4 top 10 defense in the NFL. Seahawks (2nd), Cardinals (4th), Chiefs (7th), and Texans (9th).
Steelers are 6th best in points allowed. Seattle also has the 7th best defense with points allowed.

Seahawks are a good team. Steelers are a good team. Bengals offense is one of the best. Facts are facts.
Reply/Quote
Make It So......9-2....and then 10-2....Those are good records.....9-2 or 10-2 are good places to be.

On a side note, I'm starting to have the feeling that we will host a play-off game in round 1, and the visiting team will be....Pittsburg.......Just remembering 2005, and that isn't a team you want to play 3 times in 1 year. .....Well, we deal with that if it happens. Today, get to 9-2. .....After Bengals win, I will root for Seattle to beat Steelers if it is on.  I would rather play Oakland again in the play-offs.  If the Steelers don't even make the play-offs, I always love that. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I kinda wish we would have lost to the Browns so we would have been "mad enough" to beat the Cardinals.  Oh well.

Heck no, a divisional game means so much more than beating a NFC team.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 06:05 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Are you serious???

Average the 7th most yards a game. Average 26.6 points a game, 5th in the NFL.
9th passing offense and 13th rushing offense.

Just because we don't score every drive doesn't mean our offense is "non-existent".

We scored 24 or more points on 8 of our 10 opponents.
And that includes 4 top 10 defense in the NFL. Seahawks (2nd), Cardinals (4th), Chiefs (7th), and Texans (9th).
Steelers are 6th best in points allowed. Seattle also has the 7th best defense with points allowed.

Seahawks are a good team. Steelers are a good team. Bengals offense is one of the best. Facts are facts.

I said they go into a black hole at times.  6 points at home against the Texans, netting -1 yard while the Cardinals scored 21 points in the 3rd quarter, all of our playoff games.  I wouldn't find these things surprising if we didn't have  a good offense.  I guess you think I'm saying the Bengals offense is bad...and I'm not.  I'm saying the Bengals offense is very good, which makes it strange they can look so ineffective at times.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 01:59 PM)M.W. Wrote: Heck no, a divisional game means so much more than beating a NFC team.

I'm joking.  People seem to think losing means you'll win next week.  Losing to the Browns wouldn't have mad us "mad enough" to win, I was making fun of people who thought we were going to beat the Cardinals because we lost to the Texans while they beat the Seahawks (thus making us MAD and them complacent).  That's the joke; getting MAD with losses so we win OBVIOUSLY win.  It's just a laugh.
Reply/Quote
I think you were right
Reply/Quote
The op called it.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad you were right! Feels good (even though I think the Ravens actually beat the Rams also). So we really needed to tear them up!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I said they go into a black hole at times.  6 points at home against the Texans, netting -1 yard while the Cardinals scored 21 points in the 3rd quarter, all of our playoff games.  I wouldn't find these things surprising if we didn't have  a good offense.  I guess you think I'm saying the Bengals offense is bad...and I'm not.  I'm saying the Bengals offense is very good, which makes it strange they can look so ineffective at times.

We haven't played any playoff games this year.

And yes, there have been bad moments where our offense struggles. But like I said, we've gone against 4 top 10 defenses. Sometimes you're going to struggle. What matters is they continue to fight back and that offense keeps us in any game.
Reply/Quote
Wow the Rams are horrible.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:25 PM)kevin Wrote: This Sunday it will be 24 days since a Bengals win.....2 losses and some strange scheduling has them stuck on 8 wins.....Just as you wouldn't want to play the Patriots or other good teams after a loss, The Bengals are about ready to explode and take a team out behind the woodshed. ....Bring on 9-2.

Gotta rep this.

Good call.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I equate the texans loss to being a little to comfy....  we got real cute with all those dumb formations and didnt take it as seriously as we needed to.. And they had their division in reach and were hungry.   its a game we coulda and shoulda won imo but they came in starving and us full.

Yes.   Couldn't agree more.  If we see em in the playoffs we'll kill em.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Wait, are people really saying we beat the Rams because we lost to the Texans and Cardinals and not because we are a much better team than they are? Seriously? Oh well, this is fandom...I knew what I was getting into.

Now I'm just hoping this easy win over the Rams doesn't make us overconfident so that we overlook the Browns and they end up beating us. Particularly if they are mad because they lose to the Ravens tonight OR are mad because they beat the Ravens and then the Ravens get the first overall pick.
Reply/Quote