Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Rivalries
My pick for a rivalry: Marvin Lewis vs. Excitement.

It's a tough one, that excitement, but Marv fights it down consistently, especially before big games and playoff games.

You'll notice as these games begin, we always seem a little dead and listless. It's a plan. Don't want to blow all your energy in one game, and in case you stumble into a victory, you'll have plenty left for the next one. Oh, wait ...
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2018, 04:08 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: My pick for a rivalry: Marvin Lewis vs. Excitement.

It's a tough one, that excitement, but Marv fights it down consistently, especially before big games and playoff games.

You'll notice as these games begin, we always seem a little dead and listless. It's a plan.  Don't want to blow all your energy in one game, and in case you stumble into a victory, you'll have plenty left for the next one. Oh, wait ...

He sure isn't the type of coach to pump players up...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He sure isn't the type of coach to pump players up...

Agree,

I think there's a middle ground there somewhere that's not always easy to gauge.

Running around like a fool screaming, jumping up and down (Harbaugh) is way over the top many times. But standing there clapping saying "let's go" when you're getting your ass handed to you by 25 points gets old quick as well.

It would be nice to see Marvin show a little more emotion from time to time. Throw a clipboard or somein, like when a player walks out on the field in his coat in a playoff game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 04:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

I think there's a middle ground there somewhere that's not always easy to gauge.

Running around like a fool screaming, jumping up and down (Harbaugh) is way over the top many times. But standing there clapping saying "let's go" when you're getting your ass handed to you by 25 points gets old quick as well.

It would be nice to see Marvin show a little more emotion from time to time. Throw a clipboard or somein, like when a player walks out on the field in his coat in a playoff game.

Nailed it as usual, his WTF look gets old as well when we are losing and is honestly a bit embarrassing.

But hey, we got Lazor and Pollack here now and it might be because of Marv so i can forgive the guy for
getting on my nerves from time to time as long as we win a damn Playoff some day under him.

This season please.
Reply/Quote
Yeah time for them to have a breakout season or else.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote