Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown
Many decisions he makes I disagree with. I'm thankful though he would never allow what AB did to Mayock and the Raiders here. Thats what hiring GM like Mike Mayock gives you. though we are stuck with Mike Brown as GM. we never have too suffer with having a Mayock or Millen type running our franchise.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, I like the BB approach, we are here to win titles and could care less about character building for kids and fans.

If that means we upset some people, who cares as a lot more will be happy when we win.

AB is not a criminal, he has been disruptive since he left Steelers (not while a Steeler), but prior to that he set an example of work ethic as he stayed late often to work on getting better. He Steeler teammates respected his work ethic and he got results. People try and label people based only on the mistakes or bad things they do in life. My guess is AB has a great FOOTBALL YEAR and helps his team win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Many decisions he makes I disagree with. I'm thankful though he would never allow what AB did to Mayock and the Raiders here. Thats what hiring GM like Mike Mayock gives you. though we are stuck with Mike Brown as GM. we never have too suffer with having a Mayock or Millen type running our franchise.

Adam Jones says "Hi."
Reply/Quote
Pac-Man, Terrell Owens, Tank Williams...shall I go on?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:32 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Pac-Man, Terrell Owens, Tank Williams...shall I go on?

Cedric Benson was unemployed in the middle of the season due to two sets of alcohol related criminal charges.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry, I like the BB approach, we are here to win titles and could care less about character building for kids and fans.

If that means we upset some people, who cares as a lot more will be happy when we win.

AB is not a criminal, he has been disruptive since he left Steelers (not while a Steeler), but prior to that he set an example of work ethic as he stayed late often to work on getting better. He Steeler teammates respected his work ethic and he got results. People try and label people based only on the mistakes or bad things they do in life. My guess is AB has a great FOOTBALL YEAR and helps his team win.

He walked out on his team last season when they still had a chance at the playoffs.  His team barely won a must win game week 17.  A game, as a Bengals fans I hate to admit, that the Steelers should have easily won.  He got into fights with his OC on the sidelines.  He threw temper tantrums which included throwing things.  Not behavior I would ascribe to a non-disruptive player

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 01:12 PM)pally Wrote: He walked out on his team last season when they still had a chance at the playoffs.  His team barely won a must win game week 17.  A game, as a Bengals fans I hate to admit, that the Steelers should have easily won.  He got into fights with his OC on the sidelines.  He threw temper tantrums which included throwing things.  Not behavior I would ascribe to a non-disruptive player

My bad, he had a few disruptive incidents while playing 9 years with Pittsburgh and to my knowledge zero in college or high school.

Like I said, people like to label people based on a few mistakes out of the ordinary versus normal behavior. You proved my point so TY.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is quite the sour grape-y thread.
Reply/Quote
Is this one of those "yeah, we suck", "but just not as bad as team "X" does" threads?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Many decisions he makes I disagree with. I'm thankful though he would never allow what AB did to Mayock and the Raiders here. Thats what hiring GM like Mike Mayock gives you. though we are stuck with Mike Brown as GM. we never have too suffer with having a Mayock or Millen type running our franchise.

How can you say he wouldn't allow that here? Supposedly there was a fight in the lockerroom involving Chad at halftime of the game Palmer got injured in.

Also, they kept bringing Henry back. Signed PacMan Jones after all of his issues.

I could go on and on...

Signed TO. Signed Benson. Tank Johnson.
Reply/Quote
2013 - They signed Brandon Joiner:

The Bengals added Brandon Joiner to their active roster yesterday, the first day he was eligible. Cincinnati signed the undrafted Arkansas State linebacker last spring, less than a month before he began a prison sentence for aggravated robbery and felony drug charges. He got out early, and instead of a halfway house he's joining the Bengals. (Jokes! We've got 'em.)

https://deadspin.com/the-newest-bengal-just-got-out-of-prison-so-thats-a-pl-5981890
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 01:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My bad, he had a few disruptive incidents while playing 9 years with Pittsburgh and to my knowledge zero in college or high school.

Like I said, people like to label people based on a few mistakes out of the ordinary versus normal behavior. You proved my point so TY.

Yeah, he’s a peach...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/antonio-brown-steelers-wide-receiver-accused-nearly-hitting-toddler-furniture-thrown-from-balcony-2018-10-09/

Reply/Quote
My bet is BB and Kraft, sat Brown down, as soon as he got there, and told him, "If you want to play for this organization, understand this, we've won 6 championships with a lot less talented receivers than you.

WE are all about winning, and there is no I in team.

The staff will call the plays and decide who gets involved in our offense and when, NOT YOU.

My advice to you, if you want to be part of all of this, is to show up on time, for all meetings and practices, work hard and keep your mouth shut."
Reply/Quote
You all missed my point. My point is we would never allow a talented player too walk under contract with no compensation.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry, I like the BB approach, we are here to win titles and could care less about character building for kids and fans.

Tiger  My guess is that AB will  not be able to do things "the Patriot way" (too much of a me guy). Ab has a year like Chad did with the Pats...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You all missed my point. My point is we would never allow a talented player too walk under contract with no compensation.

The Raiders got to void his contract. I think THAT'S what they were after.

I honestly have no clue if any teams would trade a pick for him at this point. He's kind of radioactive.
Reply/Quote