You are silly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d love to be optimistic and pick the bengals but I’m having a hard time picking them for this one. Hope I’m wrong but I’ll go....Seattle 24-13

I don't know man, with Zac now here who is an Offensive mind i expect the Offense to be more than decent even without AJ. The pass protection has looked good so far and Dalton hasn't had this often if it keeps up. The water birds have a different Defense this year, it isn't the legion of boom anymore. Could be high scoring the more I think about it unless our Linebackers play very well. Love Pratt but he is a rookie, think it will take a bit on Defense but the Offense might be something we haven't seen in awhile.

They will still have to deal with that Joe Mixon dude too.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You are silly.

Plus I'm not even sure 20 would be a record. I think Deshaun Watson was sacked 34 times in one game last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It’s really hard for me to get a read on this Bengals team right now,as far as how good,or how bad they’re going to be this season.This Seattle game I’m sure will give alot more info on what to expect.Bengals 24-20
Reply/Quote
Seachickens - 24
Bengals - 30

Dalton carves up their secondary, Lawson makes life miserable for Wilson, but their ground game does slightly better at churning out consistent yards. After this game, the rest of the league has tape on how ZT likes to operate in live games. 
Reply/Quote
Seahawks: 30
Bengals: 17

Hope I'm wrong but my gut doesn't think so.
Reply/Quote
I just hope the Bengals stay away from the (red light area) so we can keep the team together without accusations! Cool

Reply/Quote
Bengals 34, Seahawks 30

The O Line not great but does enough for Mixon & Bernard to gain yards to set up Dalton passes to Mixon, Bernrd, Boyd, WR's and TE. Even Eifert makes some big plays. The Kicking and Punting are good. The Defense does good even getting a touchdown score. Jackson, Kirkpatrick, Williams and Bates Motel flying making big plays with help of a 5th DB 80 % of the game. The DB's are good and The D Line of Atkins & Dunlap hurry Wilson a few times.

Seahawks tough at home but Coach Taylor knows them pretty good from Rams twice a year. Coach Taylor takes off preseason vanilla packages and we see fast up tempo Rams Offense Bengals players have been raving about. Dalton hits a lot of receivers. Mixon has a good game. So does Bernard. The RB's run and catch and block great looking like Todd Gurley. Some good kick returns and special teams.

Coach Taylor does much better on clock control and saving time outs for 2 minute drills, one of Marvin's weaknesses to even his most loyal of fans. Coach Taylor shows better clock management, not giving Seattle extra time at end of half or end of game.

In a tough opening game at hard to play at Seattle, many expect Bengals NEW DEY not to be ready. Bengals surprise looking a little like NFC Champ LA Rams and Coach Taylor has Seattle scouted well over last few years. Bengals open some eyes with a nice road win to start season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Heart: Bengals 24-23 on a late Fat Randy FG

Head: Seattle 35-17. Wilson at 100% is just so mobile, and he will create a few big plays scrambling. If no Cordy Glenn, Bengals will not be able to throw more than 5 yards downfield.

Prediction sure to go wrong: John Ross has not one, but two, huge plays on offense and scores twice.
Reply/Quote
Seabirds 30 Bengals 10.

Our O-line can't generate anything for the running game and the Seahawks front seven is really good. They pin their ears back with Ansah, Clowney and a good LB squad and squash a one dimensional offense.

They are built to run and we struggle against the run. Nor have we established that we can cover TEs and RBs - or tackle.

Add the 12th man and I think we struggle in an early loss.

Until we can run the ball our offense will never be able to keep us in the game. Too many 3 and outs.
Reply/Quote
24-10 Seahawks

I think it will take time for the Bengals to get comfortable with the new schemes and they are missing key starters in AJ and Glenn.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna say we win this one! Nobody has clue as to what we will do on offense or defense. You can throw the preseason games out the window, not even close to what we will do this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 11:07 AM)3wt Wrote: Seabirds 30    Bengals 10.

Our O-line can't generate anything for the running game and the Seahawks front seven is really good.   They pin their ears back with Ansah, Clowney and a good LB squad and squash a one dimensional offense.

They are built to run and we struggle against the run.  Nor have we established that we can cover TEs and RBs - or tackle.

Until we can run the ball our offense will never be able to keep us in the game.   Too many 3 and outs.

(09-05-2019, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 24-10 Seahawks

I think it will take time for the Bengals to get comfortable with the new schemes and they are missing key starters in AJ and Glenn.

Glenn is a terrible run blocker, think we will be better running the ball with Andre at LT.

(09-05-2019, 11:14 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm gonna say we win this one! Nobody has clue as to what we will do on offense or defense. You can throw the preseason games out the window, not even close to what we will do this Sunday.

Spot on, throw the PS out the window, we know nothing from this PS except the pass blocking was good.

Which is what you want to see in PS. If our starting QB was getting killed I would be worried.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 11:14 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm gonna say we win this one! Nobody has clue as to what we will do on offense or defense. You can throw the preseason games out the window, not even close to what we will do this Sunday.
Excellent Point.   Very few starters in NFL saw much preseason action, if any.  Throw preseason out the window. THIS is the start of season. 

I don't expect our O Line to be great Sunday, but hopefully good enough. I'm hoping Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Williams, Bates Motel and the 5th DB on field 80 % of game are like killer bees flying flying to the ball stopping passes and making some interceptions.

How about Bates Motel making the game winning play.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 01:07 PM)kevin Wrote: Excellent Point.   Very few starters in NFL saw much preseason action, if any.  Throw preseason out the window. THIS is the start of season. 

I don't expect our O Line to be great Sunday, but hopefully good enough.   I'm hoping Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Williams, Bates Motel and the 5th DB on field 80 % of game are like killer bees flying flying to the ball stopping passes and making some interceptions.  

How about Bates Motel making the game winning play.

Bates Motel, funny stuff Kev. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 11:07 AM)3wt Wrote: Seabirds 30    Bengals 10.

Our O-line can't generate anything for the running game and the Seahawks front seven is really good.   They pin their ears back with Ansah, Clowney and a good LB squad and squash a one dimensional offense.

They are built to run and we struggle against the run.  Nor have we established that we can cover TEs and RBs - or tackle.

Until we can run the ball our offense will never be able to keep us in the game.   Too many 3 and outs.

The defense gave up 3.4 ypc in the presason.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: The defense gave up 3.4 ypc in the presason.

Exactly, thinking some fans are just trying to set themselves up for a bad season so they are not disappointed.

Just watched the Taylor PC and it has me pumped. Love our new Coach, bet our players do as well and respond with a 
good outing against Seattle. Great test, bet this is a close game. Have to stop the run and get Wilson in 3rd and longs 
and I think we can do this as long as we shut down those dumpoffs. Once we get Wilson into 3rd and long, keep him in
the pocket and we can win this game.
Reply/Quote
My head says Seattle wins, but my heart thinks Cincinnati.

I am reminded of the 2009 season. Owners lockout the players making for a shortened offseason. Carson Palmer quits. The Bengals draft Dalton in the 2nd Rd to basically be the new franchise QB. Rookie QB starting after a shortened offseason. Everyone and their mom just KNOWS the Bengals aren't going to win more than 3 games. Bengals go on to make the playoffs that season and the next few seasons as well.

This year, there's no shortened offseason, but the major pieces of our coaching staff are all noobs at their positions. And everyone just KNOWS we aren't going to win many games. I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, we'll surprise everyone and make the playoffs again and maybe, juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust maybe, win a playoff game or 4. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but in recent seasons, hasn't Seattle been in a pattern of starting seasons slowly and finishing strong?

If you have to go out there and play them, maybe the first game of the year ain't a bad time to do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 05:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Bengals 20 Seahawks 17
The Seahawks are banged up and seem limited offensively. Wilson was sacked 51 times last season the Bengals best unit is there Defensive line. I expect a ton of sacks for the Bengals.

Pretty much the Same D line unit as last year, let’s hope Lawson and Glasgow make a difference. Kinda not fair to expect 10 sacks each from the guys coming off the injuries they had, after we watched Adkins production dip the year after his injury.
Reply/Quote