Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals@Seahawks Prediction
(09-05-2019, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but in recent seasons, hasn't Seattle been in a pattern of starting seasons slowly and finishing strong?

If you have to go out there and play them, maybe the first game of the year ain't a bad time to do it.

That does seem to be the case, so I'd say between that and them just getting Clowney we are getting them at the right time.  This is us assuming ZT is a quick learner and/or not going to hit his stride later in the season too, though.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 07:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Pretty much the Same D line unit as last year, let’s hope Lawson and Glasgow make a difference. Kinda not fair to expect 10 sacks each from the guys coming off the injuries they had, after we watched Adkins production dip the year after his injury.

Different D-line and namely LB coach should help and Lawson looks really good and he is smaller than ATkins.

It was unfair on the D-line last year as i have said many times cause the Linebackers and their coach were so terrible.

The DL would get pressure just for the QB to drop the ball off and the RB or TE would just get first downs until our DL was tired.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 07:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Pretty much the Same D line unit as last year, let’s hope Lawson and Glasgow make a difference. Kinda not fair to expect 10 sacks each from the guys coming off the injuries they had, after we watched Adkins production dip the year after his injury.

SMH Von Miller had 15 sacks after he had an ACL no reason to suspect that Lawson  can't have the same  type of impact as he has before. There were other issues with Atkins that lead to his bad for him 2014 season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I have no idea. Haven't watched the Seahawks at all this pre season and we have yet to see what the Bengals can do.

I'd give Seattle a slight edge for being at home.

Seattle 23-20
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 01:07 PM)kevin Wrote: Excellent Point.   Very few starters in NFL saw much preseason action, if any.  Throw preseason out the window. THIS is the start of season. 

I don't expect our O Line to be great Sunday, but hopefully good enough.   I'm hoping Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Williams, Bates Motel and the 5th DB on field 80 % of game are like killer bees flying flying to the ball stopping passes and making some interceptions.  

How about Bates Motel making the game winning play.

I think if the Bengals can bump that 5th DB up to 85% of the time, the teams chance of winning increases by 5%. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, thinking some fans are just trying to set themselves up for a bad season so they are not disappointed.

Just watched the Taylor PC and it has me pumped. Love our new Coach, bet our players do as well and respond with a 
good outing against Seattle. Great test, bet this is a close game. Have to stop the run and get Wilson in 3rd and longs 
and I think we can do this as long as we shut down those dumpoffs. Once we get Wilson into 3rd and long, keep him in
the pocket and we can win this game.

But what percentage do you want to see that 5th DB out there for?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But what percentage do you want to see that 5th DB out there for?

Coach Taylor came in saying 80 % of the time.   So Bengals fans can forget Marvin 4-3 D and very much forget days of Bengals 3-4.   We are going to see a lot more DB's on the field for Bengals.  So again, hoping Kirkpatrick, WJ3, Williams and Bates Motel are all over the place making big plays with whoever the 5th DB is out there with them.  Most of the time expect a 4-2-5. That may not sound aggressive but if DB's are forcing sacks & turnovers due to everybody covered, it is very aggressive. Marvin D was leading NFL in giving up 3rd and long first downs last 3 years.

It has to be because Bengals got burned so much in 2018 with LBs not able to cover receivers, they are too slow.  They weren't that hot on the run either.  Instead of seeing run stuffing LB's trying to cover passes, we will see more DB's on field asked to tackle running plays. Since we have been weak at LB for years, I'm all for it.   Again, I'm all for Bates Motel making the game winning play, or another DB.   Good DB's can win you a lot of games.  Kirky, WJ3, Williams, Bates Morel and a 5th DB most of the time sound like good DB's to me.  If Dennard wasn't injured, I would just add Dennard, but for now I say whoever the 5th DB is. GO BENGALS.

Bengals 34, Seahawks 30.....The D makes turnovers to help score. Kick Returns to help score. Our Offense gets help from D & Special Teams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't trust our LBs to provide containment on Wilson, and Carson is going to catch a lot of swing passes out of the backfield.

Dissly or whomever they put at TE (maybe some guy they pluck out of the crowd) will have a career day, because Bengals D and TEs.

I think we'll put up 20-24 points but I don't see us slowing them down very much. I think we probably lose 28-24, 27-20 ish.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:43 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't trust our LBs to provide containment on Wilson, and Carson is going to catch a lot of swing passes out of the backfield.

Dissly or whomever they put at TE (maybe some guy they pluck out of the crowd) will have a career day, because Bengals D and TEs.

I think we'll put up 20-24 points but I don't see us slowing them down very much. I think we probably lose 28-24, 27-20 ish.

Coach Taylor doesn't expect LB's to get the job done either and why he says he will use more DB's on field than in Bengals past.  Taylor agrees with you that LBs are too slow to cover all these passes.  The Marvin D is history.  Bring on the d B's. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Coach Taylor doesn't expect LB's to get the job done either and why he says he will use more DB's on field than in Bengals past.  Taylor agrees with you that LBs are too slow to cover all these passes.  The Marvin D is history.  Bring on the d B's. 

I'm assuming you speak for Coach Taylor, so please tell him I wish him the best of luck, I'm excited to have him here, and I'm happy we're on the same page. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Some quick observations.

Over the previous nine seasons since Pete Carroll has been coach Seattle has never lost a home game in September.

Seattle is 14-0 in home games in September.

Zac Taylor is a rookie head coach and even if it was a all time home run hire, just look at how some great coaches did in year one.

Tom Landry 0-11-1, Chuck Knoll 1-13, Bill Walsh 2-14, Bud Grant 3-8-3, Bill Parcells 3-12-1, Dick Vermeil 4-10, Tony Dungy 6-10, Marv Levy 4-12, Bill Belichick 6-10, Joe Gibb 8-8, Marty 8-8, Hank Stram 8-6, George Allen 8-6, and Don Shula 8-6.

Most of these coaches showed promise from the get go, but they each had their own growing pains. It's also true that some coaches have hit the ground running.

Seattle is a good, solid team. They are favorite by as much as a team on opening weekend could possibly hope to be.

Practically, no one gives the Bengals a prayer to win this game.

But it's also true that Dalton has never lost to Seattle and they gave him his first career win.

It's also true that the Legion of Boom is no more.

PFF had Seattle ranked as the 2nd worst secondary going into this year and this preseason they didn't necessarily look great. Griffin ranked as the second worst corner in the league last year.

The Bengals on the other hand were one of the better passing teams this preseason.

I believe Dalton might be forced into a mistake in this game with Seattle's strong front 7, but ultimately I believe it's Dalton that out duels Russell Wilson in this game.

27-19 Bengals.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27-17

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
biggest concerns are the OL in that noise.... But Dalton and crew generally have been better in crowd noise than at home in the past so will have to see.

17-14(bengals win) Randy wins the game ball
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Coach Taylor doesn't expect LB's to get the job done either and why he says he will use more DB's on field than in Bengals past.  Taylor agrees with you that LBs are too slow to cover all these passes.  The Marvin D is history.  Bring on the d B's. 

Think the loss of Dennard is underrated. He is a very good run stopping CB and I’m still unsure of B.W Webb as are starting nickel cb for the 1st 6 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:34 AM)kevin Wrote: Coach Taylor came in saying 80 % of the time.   So Bengals fans can forget Marvin 4-3 D and very much forget days of Bengals 3-4.   We are going to see a lot more DB's on the field for Bengals.  So again, hoping Kirkpatrick, WJ3, Williams and Bates Motel are all over the place making big plays with whoever the 5th DB is out there with them.  Most of the time expect a 4-2-5.  That may not sound aggressive but if DB's are forcing sacks & turnovers due to everybody covered, it is very aggressive.  Marvin D was leading NFL in giving up 3rd and long first downs last 3 years.

It has to be because Bengals got burned so much in 2018 with LBs not able to cover receivers, they are too slow.  They weren't that hot on the run either.  Instead of seeing run stuffing LB's trying to cover passes, we will see more DB's on field asked to tackle running plays. Since we have been weak at LB for years, I'm all for it.   Again, I'm all for Bates Motel making the game winning play, or another DB.   Good DB's can win you a lot of games.  Kirky, WJ3, Williams, Bates Morel and a 5th DB most of the time sound like good DB's to me.  If Dennard wasn't injured, I would just add Dennard, but for now I say whoever the 5th DB is.  GO BENGALS.

Bengals 34,  Seahawks 30.....The D makes turnovers to help score.  Kick Returns to help score.  Our Offense gets help from D & Special Teams.

I'm hip but i'm just saying...if they did it 85% of the time, wouldn't that make them 5% better?

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But what percentage do you want to see that 5th DB out there for?

Kind of depends doesn't it? If they are running all over us we better have good tacklers out there regardless.

If they want to pass should be a high percentage of the time.
Reply/Quote
PAIN.
Birds 27
Cats 10
Reply/Quote
Seattle has won 10 straight home openers. Wow
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:22 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Could go either way -- yes Seattle is a tough place to play but historically they've had a lot of slow starts to their years. Coach Taylor knows what it takes to beat 'em too. Bullock goes 3/4 on FGs as we beat them 23 -21 in a game where the Seahawks outgain us on the ground but we more than make up for it through the air.

If we had kicked a field goal on that 4th and one and made it, this would've been exactly right. Not that it makes me feel any better about losing. 

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:30 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If we had kicked a field goal on that 4th and one and made it, this would've been exactly right. Not that it makes me feel any better about losing. 

That's... scary.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote