Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Secret Weapon
I bought my 3 yr old daughter a Bengals jersey, this year.
When she wears it, they win.
During the Seattle game, she didn't put it on until the 3rd quarter.
My wife and I joked that she was the good luck charm and they needed her to wear the jersey.
This past Sunday, I'm sitting at work, watching the game, and was not happy with the performance I was seeing.
After Andy's pick in the end zone, it hit me.
I messaged the wife to find out if my baby girl was wearing her jersey.
She was not.
After a couple of WTH's to the wife, the situation was rectified and our team straightened right up.
I will now call before game time to insure our secret weapon is ready.
ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I bought my 3 yr old daughter a Bengals jersey, this year.
My wife and I joked that she was the good luck charm and they needed her to wear the jersey.
This past Sunday, I'm sitting at work, watching the game, and was not happy with the performance I was seeing.
She was not.
After a couple of WTH's to the wife, the situation was rectified and our team straightened right up.
ThumbsUp

dangit dude you better make sure... she has that thing on for all 4 quarters next time lol
Reply/Quote
What a little cutie.

A lot of people around here have painted themselves into a corner--predicting losses, wearing this hat or that jersey, etc. All I can say is they had all better keep doing what they've been doing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I haven't showered, brushed my teeth, or changed my socks or underwear since the season started. My wife is ready to divorce me, but at least the Bengals are winning.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I haven't showered, brushed my teeth, or changed my socks or underwear since the season started.  My wife is ready to divorce me, but at least the Bengals are winning.

Rumor has it this holds true win or lose LMAO

J/K - Thanks for the sacrifice. Smirk

On a side note, my wife refuses to come downstairs and watch the game because she missed the first 2 games so afraid to jinx. Is this a great year or what? Alone in my man cave when Bengals on the road, at the home games.  Big Grin

Please don't share this my wife. Wink
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all the kind words on here and rep notes !
I will DEFINATELY have her wearing it, every game ,and I will make sure to put it on her myself for the prime time games.

I'm considering having her wear it every day, so nothing crazy happens during the week.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I haven't showered, brushed my teeth, or changed my socks or underwear since the season started.  My wife is ready to divorce me, but at least the Bengals are winning.

Your gingivitis is inspiring me, as well!
Reply/Quote
Looks like we have a bunch of prime time games now, so it sounds like your daughter will have to trade in her PJ's for the Bengal gear. But only for a few nights.

Gotta keep the good mojo going....
Reply/Quote
You better make damn sure that girl has that jersey on every game day
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Did you---? Did you just wipe your ass?

WELL, KNOCK IT OFF! We're trying to get to the playoffs, dammit!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:49 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thanks for all the kind words on here and rep notes !
I will DEFINATELY have her wearing it, every game ,and I will make sure to put it on her myself for the prime time games.

I'm considering having her wear it every day, so nothing crazy happens during the week.
Ninja

I'm looking forward to hearing how you solve getting her into a shirt that's a few sizes too small for her when we're on our sixth consecutive unbeaten season...
Reply/Quote
aww how cute!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I bought my 3 yr old daughter a Bengals jersey, this year.
She was not.
ThumbsUp

Yes please make sure she is dressed accordingly before every game, if needed we can send one of the NFL uniform police over to confirm! 
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Superstitions... that being said... don't jinx us now :)
Reply/Quote

But are you wiping after spicy burrito night?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
She was not.
ThumbsUp

Thanks for waiting 3 years to finally buy her a jersey then...
Reply/Quote
You guys have it easy.  Just after Steve Smith caught that td to put the Ravens ahead with just few minutes left in the game I spilled a bowl of steaming hot cheese dip on my crotch.  So now whenever we are behind in the fourth quarter I pour hot cheese dip in my lap.

And to make things worse, the only thing I wear when watching Bengal games are a pair of striped cat ears and my lucky, crotchless panties.
Reply/Quote
Fans: Crazy Azz thinking sometimes. :)
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:26 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Fans:  Crazy Azz thinking sometimes.  :)

It is crazy, and I know it is crazy.  But sometimes it does sneak into my thought process.

Earlier this year my Tennessee Vols fell behind the Georgia Bulldogs 24-3 near the end of the second quarter.  They looked terrible and were lucky not to be behind by more because Georgia missed a short FG.  I turned off the game.  When I checked back in the third quarter the Vols were up 31-24, but as soon as I started watching georgia hit a long td pass to tie the game.  For a moment I actually considered turning off the game because it seemed like I was jinxing them.  But then I decided that was ridiculous.

The strangest things in the world happen in some game.  Often it defies all logic to see a team that has been abused suddenly catch fire and turn the game around, or to see a team that has no chance to win pull a huge upset.  So it is easy to think that there has to be some strange magic or juj-ju at work.  But there isn't.  Sports are just crazy.  and that is one of the reasons we love them so much.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 08:10 PM)Helldog Wrote: Thanks for waiting 3 years to finally buy her a jersey then...

I know, right ?
I did buy her t-shirts and sweaters though.
(11-04-2015, 01:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys have it easy.  Just after Steve Smith caught that td to put the Ravens ahead with just few minutes left in the game I spilled a bowl of steaming hot cheese dip on my crotch.  So now whenever we are behind in the fourth quarter I pour hot cheese dip in my lap.

And to make things worse, the only thing I wear when watching Bengal games are a pair of striped cat ears and my lucky, crotchless panties.

Pics, or it didn't happen !
Ninja

(11-03-2015, 04:48 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: I'm looking forward to hearing how you solve getting her into a shirt that's a few sizes too small for her when we're on our sixth consecutive unbeaten season...

I suppose we cut it and expand the sides ?
Maybe end up with a patchwork Bengals poncho ?
LOL

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words.
Rock On
Reply/Quote