Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Should Run As Much As Pass
The best way for Joe Burrow to have a long career is to run 50% of the time and pass 50% of the time. Especially with Bengals trying to rebuild what has been the worst offensive line in the NFL since 2017. I am sure there are fans who would like Zac Taylor to call Burrow to Chase every single play, but Burrow would soon get career injured doing that as defenses pour in.

With so many complaining about Coach Taylor, mine is that he forgets to call run plays. Last week against Packers Taylor went most of the first half calling all pass plays, and the Packers defense clobbered Burrow on 4 straight plays in the second quarter for going all pass. Plus, when the Bengals tried to run against the Packers, they could run, so it was even more silly not to call more run plays. The Bengals had scoring drives against Packers when they mixed run and pass. When Taylor only called pass, the Packers defense swooped in on Burrow and led to 3 and outs.

The 81 Bengals could run and pass. The 88 Bengals could run and pass. Only when this Bengals team can run and pass will they be a Great team.

So today against Lions, and rest of the season, I would like to see 50% running plays. That is the best way to still have a healthy Joe Burrow at the end of his coming back from rookie season major injury. Those pass plays will click better if the defense has to honor the run, and Bengals will win more games with a balanced attack of ground game and air strikes. If Coach Taylor tries to pass every play like last year, he will get Burrow career injured early liker Greg Cook, and THAT would be a waste and set this franchise backwards many years.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That won’t happen unless they are never behind or it’s always close, which it won’t always be.
Reply/Quote
Problem is that if the team falls behind because of the forced 50/50 pass/run ratio then they will be forced to pass more in the second half.

I'd love to see us run the ball more, but ONLY if it is effective. Forcing run plays when we are not gaining yards just makes every third down a third-and-long where the defenders can pin back their ears and blitz the QB.
Reply/Quote
today it was 36 run-30 pass and most of those extra runs came in the last couple of minutes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote