Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Showed NO QUIT
Down 24 to 0, they came back to 24 to 22. They did not win, but they NEVER QUIT. I have seen Bengals teams in past years that did QUIT during the game. I respect the Character they showed in defeat, and so did Coach Cowher. Bengals made a lot of mistakes, but mistakes you can correct going forward. Bad Team Character would be more serious.

Hopefully next week not as many turnovers and penalties and mistakes. A chance to beat Bengals Super Bowl foe of the 1980's, THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ers.

I'm not saying I liked losing. I'm saying I liked the NO QUIT. The worst thing you can do in football is wimp out and quit on your team mates and coaches with half the game left. Bengals NEVER QUIT, and I Respect That.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The announcers were saying that the Bengals had never come back from down 24-0. It was about 20 yards of them getting in position of a go-ahead FG before Joe M. literally dropped the ball (no hit, no strip, nothing), and had the Bengals gone ahead, they would have stayed ahead IMO. And it would have been one of the great victories of all time.
Reply/Quote
I agree, there was no quit in them. I think the buttered popcorn they were munching on at the sidelines probably didn't help either.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I didn't get to watch the game live, but checked into see what was going on in the GD thread in the 3rd quarter. Really really sad, certain people really need to check their fan card at the door. The Burrow hatred going on was so far over the top. There was actually one guy who suggested we put Burrow on the plane to California and keep Herbert. Really, cause they have the same record and Burrow was playing with a broken finger on his throwing hand the whole game. I thought we'd win this game, but as soon as I heard we were not going to have 2/5ths of our starting oline, I figured that might not be the case. Oh, and BTW, the Ravens lost so we are no further away from winning the division than we were before the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:30 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The announcers were saying that the Bengals had never come back from down 24-0. It was about 20 yards of them getting in position of a go-ahead FG before Joe M. literally dropped the ball (no hit, no strip, nothing), and had the Bengals gone ahead, they would have stayed ahead IMO. And it would have been one of the great victories of all time.

Ummmm, are you sure about that?  On the replay I saw, it looked like one of the O-lineman got pushed into the backfield, allowing the Chargers defender to reach out with his left arm and slap Mixon in the midsection, jarring the ball loose.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 10:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, are you sure about that?  On the replay I saw, it looked like one of the O-lineman got blown up into the backfield, allowing the Chargers defender to reach out with his left arm and slap Mixon in the midsection, jarring the ball loose.

yeah, I watched on Game Pass and I'm pretty sure our old friend Christian Covington dislodged it.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 10:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, are you sure about that?  On the replay I saw, it looked like one of the O-lineman got pushed into the backfield, allowing the Chargers defender to reach out with his left arm and slap Mixon in the midsection, jarring the ball loose.

I agree, sure looked like Covington got an arm in there and popped it out. If Joe dropped it, the ball wouldn’t have shot out of there 5 yards backwards. Announcers caused a lot of confusion with the way they called that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:09 AM)kevin Wrote: Down 24 to 0, they came back to 24 to 22.   They did not win, but they NEVER QUIT.   I have seen Bengals teams in past years that did QUIT during the game.  I respect the Character they showed in defeat, and so did Coach Cowher.   Bengals made a lot of mistakes, but mistakes you can correct going forward.  Bad Team Character would be more serious.

Hopefully next week not as many turnovers and penalties and mistakes.  A chance to beat Bengals Super Bowl foe of the 1980's, THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ers.

I'm not saying I liked losing.  I'm saying I liked the NO QUIT.  The worst thing you can do in football is wimp out and quit on your team mates and coaches with half the game left.  Bengals NEVER QUIT, and I Respect That.

This is a good point that is easy to overlook with the disappointing outcome. The Bengals didn't show any quit and even had a game plan to facilitate a comeback win. Take away the Mixon fumble and the Chase no-catch then there might be lots of positive, "team showed no quit" posts today.

I'll use this post to try and stay positive!
Reply/Quote
I'd update this to Bengals showed no preparation.

Looked like they weren't even aware there was a game most of the first half.
Reply/Quote
Well, the team quit scoring with a quarter of the game left.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is a good point that is easy to overlook with the disappointing outcome. The Bengals didn't show any quit and even had a game plan to facilitate a comeback win. Take away the Mixon fumble and the Chase no-catch then there might be lots of positive, "team showed no quit" posts today.

I'll use this post to try and stay positive!

There's been alot of good teams that have gotten slapped around this year on their home turf, and even away, that did not mount near the comeback Cinci. did yesterday. That's always huge.
Reply/Quote
This particular team really has not quit any this year imo.

Just young and still have multiple holes to fill but really like the fight they generally come with each week.

Its a hard team not to like, just have to live with the growing pain blunders mixed in still.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 10:54 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I agree, sure looked like Covington got an arm in there and popped it out. If Joe dropped it, the ball wouldn’t have shot out of there 5 yards backwards. Announcers caused a lot of confusion with the way they called that one.

Nope. I was watching and Mixon literally dropped it with no one near him. He doesn't do that and runs and we're easily in FG range at worst. 
Reply/Quote
but really I enjoy watching teams develop and grow into great teams.

Believe this is what we are in the midst of viewing with this current Bengals team. Yet do understand the microwave society we dwell in today changes this mindset in most.

Hopefully the greatness comes to fruition in the next couple of seasons before Burrow and Chase break the bank and restructuring is required.

We are at the beginning of a wide open window that could lead to great places that we've coveted to visit for many years now.

Enjoy the ride so you can bask in the final destinations glory friends. Free of a guilty conscience from the arrogant bitterness you've spewed along the journey.

Frankie says, relax, don't do it..... lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sucks, we are back to moral victories... I can't blame anyone for it though.. It's just a young and inconsistent team.. I am gonna say I think they could turn it on and finish strong. I mean they have the talent..
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:36 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I agree, there was no quit in them. I think the buttered popcorn they were munching on at the sidelines probably didn't help either.

I thought our old buddy Covington got a paw on that to make him drop it? 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I thought our old buddy Covington got a paw on that to make him drop it? 

I looked at the video - still looks unforced to me - legit NFL grade RBs do not let the ball pop on such minor contact even if he was touched (and the video is not clear). 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: I looked at the video - still looks unforced to me - legit NFL grade RBs do not let the ball pop on such minor contact even if he was touched (and the video is not clear). 

I think the exchange was off because of Burrows finger if anything. That and someone had to put the hex on Mixon in the GameDay thread. That same drive he fumbled. It might of even been within 2-3 plays...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:29 PM)higgy100 Wrote: There's been alot of good teams that have gotten slapped around this year on their home turf, and even away, that did not mount near the comeback Cinci. did yesterday. That's always huge.

I'm not going to hit the panic button after this loss, but I clearly don't grasp the feel-good take like many of the people here.  We put ourselves 24 points in the hole right off the bat, then we mounted a comeback that didn't put us in the lead (that's not enough of a comeback, is it?) and then we turned into the Browns and decided to turn the ball over when we were supposed to be making game-winning 4th quarter drives.

It's the tortoise and the hare, isn't it?  We let them get a big lead and then we narrowed the gap before losing. I don't recall people reading that story and saying "Well, the Hare didn't show any quit...I'll give him that!"
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: I looked at the video - still looks unforced to me - legit NFL grade RBs do not let the ball pop on such minor contact even if he was touched (and the video is not clear). 

Yes they do; as Mixon is a legit NFL grade RB and only one week removed from the best game from a RB of the week. Mixon has over 250 touches this year and that was his first lost fumble; it happens. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote