Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Showed NO QUIT
(12-06-2021, 02:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: I looked at the video - still looks unforced to me - legit NFL grade RBs do not let the ball pop on such minor contact even if he was touched (and the video is not clear). 

(12-06-2021, 02:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes they do; as Mixon is a legit NFL grade RB and only one week removed from the best game from a RB of the week. Mixon has over 250 touches this year and that was his first lost fumble; it happens. 

...and let's not forget that Mixon was dealing with an injury (neck) that may have contributed to the fumble (although he denies it was a factor.)
Reply/Quote
No moral wins. A loss is a loss. Especially a humiliating loss like this.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:48 PM)Tony Wrote: Sucks, we are back to moral victories... I can't blame anyone for it though.. It's just a young and inconsistent team.. I am gonna say I think they could turn it on and finish strong. I mean they have the talent..

Not really considering that game a moral victory myself. 

More like a kick to the nads. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Outscored 10-0 in 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
Thought we were done with moral victories.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I never said moral victory and I never said 4th quarter points, to those throwing that stuff out there. What I said is The Bengals showed NO QUIT unlike some Bengals of seasons past. Over the years I have seen Bengals on the field and sidelines with their heads down at halftime, and hardly playing in the 2nd Half. No Character and giving up and quitting at Halftime. Now to those that don't know what NO QUIT means in Football, then you don't know Football, and you won't comprehend that this Bengals team showed Character last week. Even Bill Cowher said that on TV. That they had NO QUIT and fought back hard shows Character, and it's too bad some of you don't know what NO QUIT in Football means. No, not a moral victory, there was no win or victory, but The Bengals do not have Character Issues. Now the Bengals of past use to have some real characters on this team, but that does not mean they had Character. The NO QUIT they showed Sunday shows this is not a team of character issues as some Bengals teams were.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I agree, it showed me something for sure. Makes me believe we can beat anybody as long as we clean up the mistakes.

The injuries to Reiff and Hopkins were devastating in the end but to come back like that with backups against a quality
team like the Chargers was impressive. Hate to lose but the way we came back shows how much fight this team has
under Taylor. Never saw that much in the Marv days. I don't like moral victories but you have to look at the positives.

We still have a shot at the Playoffs and if we clean up the mistakes we will be a tough out if we get in.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:30 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The announcers were saying that the Bengals had never come back from down 24-0. It was about 20 yards of them getting in position of a go-ahead FG before Joe M. literally dropped the ball (no hit, no strip, nothing), and had the Bengals gone ahead, they would have stayed ahead IMO. And it would have been one of the great victories of all time.

Covington touched the ball, I saw it. Still, it was a light touch and there was no excuse for Mixon carrying the ball like that.

Needs to protect it much better then that and he will be the first to say it.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:27 PM)kevin Wrote: I never said moral victory and I never said 4th quarter points, to those throwing that stuff out there.  What I said is The Bengals showed NO QUIT unlike some Bengals of seasons past.  Over the years I have seen Bengals on the field and sidelines with their heads down at halftime, and hardly playing in the 2nd Half.  No Character and giving up and quitting at Halftime.  Now to those that don't know what NO QUIT means in Football, then you don't know Football, and you won't comprehend that this Bengals team showed Character last week.  Even Bill Cowher said that on TV.  That they had NO QUIT and fought back hard shows Character, and it's too bad some of you don't know what NO QUIT in Football means.  No, not a moral victory, there was no win or victory, but The Bengals do not have Character Issues.  Now the Bengals of past use to have some real characters on this team, but that does not mean they had Character.  The NO QUIT they showed Sunday shows this is not a team of character issues as some Bengals teams were.

We need better blocking......
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they come out strong Sunday. This loss was not an easy one to swallow for ZT and Co. This teams has shown how great they can be. Only problem is one week they show playoff caliber talent, the next they look like an expansion team. Hopefully they are dialed in this week and they figure a way to get over the identity crisis.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 06:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hopefully they come out strong Sunday. This loss was not an easy one to swallow for ZT and Co. This teams has shown how great they can be. Only problem is one week they show playoff caliber talent, the next they look like an expansion team. Hopefully they are dialed in this week and they figure a way to get over the identity crisis.

Not even just week to week, in the game, they look totally different. In the Chargers game it was totally on display.

Early we didn't even look like we belonged, in the middle of the game we were dominating them. Strange as hell. Shocked
Reply/Quote