Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals Showing Interest in Jeff Fisher
If true at least it would mean we're ready for the offseason with a plan of attack on finding a new HC. My fear is we have little or no plan, nor organized method of attack and there will be opportunities to get a great HC which will be missed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:29 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If true at least it would mean we're ready for the offseason with a plan of attack on finding a new HC. My fear is we have little or no plan, nor organized method of attack and there will be opportunities to get a great HC which will be missed.

Replace HC with any team term and you have the Bengals.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:29 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If true at least it would mean we're ready for the offseason with a plan of attack on finding a new HC. My fear is we have little or no plan, nor organized method of attack and there will be opportunities to get a great HC which will be missed.

What's given me hope is that Jim O. said something earlier this year - sometime around mid-season I believe - about the plan for replacing Merv if he indeed doesn't come back. So I'm hoping that this means the front office has had a plan in place in case Merv ain't coming back.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Fisher has been a head coach in the NFL for 22 years. Only the Bengals would get rid of Merv after 17 seasons with a coach whose been a head coach LONGER than Merv.

Well Belichick wouldnt qualify on those terms. 
Reply/Quote
Even CBS predicted Paul Guenther as next HC, saying "it's not exciting" or good, but "the Bengals never go outside the box.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Damn you STC, scared me there for a minute. Probably the one coach besides Del Rio that Marv outcoached in his time lol
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 06:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ....I mean...At least they're looking outside of the organization?

And he has...like...some success? About 2 decades ago?

...Yea, I'm having trouble spinning this as a positive.

click bait
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 04:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even CBS predicted Paul Guenther as next HC, saying "it's not exciting" or good, but "the Bengals never go outside the box.

True. We never go outside the box... Anymore.

Marv was an outside the box hire. As was Zimmer. Gruden as well.

But lately? Nothing a little promoting-from-within can't cure  Whatever  
Reply/Quote
It was outside the box to fire our OC 3 games into the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was outside the box to fire our OC 3 games into the season.

It was, never happened before under MB as far as i heard.

I am expecting an outside the box hire. If we don't get an outside the box hire the stadium will continually get more and more empty.

How can people that know MB is cheap think he will just live with this. He wants to make money.

It is in his best interest. Always expect people to do what is in their best interest, it is a good plan pretty much all the time.
Reply/Quote
Brown is an old fart and has done some stupid things but I think even he knows that if he hires from within, ticket sales will suffer. A lot of anticipation for the next few days. I hope Marvin announces his retirement from the Bengals in the post game speech. Better yet I hope he cancels his post game speech because he quit already and lets someone else stand there and smirk like a jackass.
Reply/Quote
I didn't want to start a new thread since there are a bunch of coaching threads BUT...

How would you guys feel about giving Wade Phillips a 2nd chance at head coaching??

The guys defense was amazing at Denver, and I don't think it is any coincidence that the LA Rams are suddenly a good team under his tootledge.

I say give him a call, he deserves another shot at coaching somewhere.
Reply/Quote