Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Sign New Running Back
(04-17-2020, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bell kinda set the precedent where a RB will hold out for a whole year even if it means not getting paid that year.
It keeps tread on his tires, and Bell showed it can result in a big payday.
Basically sacrificing a year of pay to get the big long term contract.
Especially given Mixon would be playing on a rookie contract (only $1.7 mill), he really wouldn't be losing much if he lands a big deal in FA next year.

I was going to quote Nate as well, but he'll probably see this post, anyways. You're absolutely correct about the money, but here's the rub; he can't accrue a year towards his NFL pension if he holds out. That's bigger n the long run than the money up front.

He reminds me of a cross between Hill and Rudi. He has good hands. Good burst through the line, and good footwork. He's the kind of runner that can rip off  chunks if 15-30 yards, but doesn't have NFL breakaway speed.

Made some good plays at FSU. Unfortunately, for him, he was playing behind Cam Akers. I believe he is better than most realize.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 06:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I was going to quote Nate as well, but he'll probably see this post, anyways. You're absolutely correct about the money, but here's the rub; he can't accrue a year towards his NFL pension if he holds out. That's bigger n the long run than the money up front.

He reminds me of a cross between Hill and Rudi. He has good hands. Good burst through the line, and good footwork. He's the kind of runner that can rip off  chunks if 15-30 yards, but doesn't have NFL breakaway speed.

Made some good plays at FSU. Unfortunately, for him, he was playing behind Cam Akers. I believe he is better than most realize.
Not only wouldn't Joe accrue a pension year, the new CBA allows for a lot earlier and a lot more expensive fines. Next year he would owe more than 3 million in fines. He's only sheduled to make 1.2 mil. He'd have to dig into his next contract to continue to pay off his fines...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bell kinda set the precedent where a RB will hold out for a whole year even if it means not getting paid that year.
It keeps tread on his tires, and Bell showed it can result in a big payday.
Basically sacrificing a year of pay to get the big long term contract.
Especially given Mixon would be playing on a rookie contract (only $1.7 mill), he really wouldn't be losing much if he lands a big deal in FA next year.

Hadn't thought about that, but still think it would be stupid with Burrow coming in who passes to the RB's so much and in 
this economy should get what you can right now. BTW, read 1.2 mil in an article that Mixon is being paid, could be wrong 
though.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 06:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I was going to quote Nate as well, but he'll probably see this post, anyways. You're absolutely correct about the money, but here's the rub; he can't accrue a year towards his NFL pension if he holds out. That's bigger n the long run than the money up front.

Who reminds you of a cross between Hill and Rudi again Coach?

I am getting confused by which RB you are talking about here lol

(04-17-2020, 09:40 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Not only wouldn't Joe accrue a pension year, the new CBA allows for a lot earlier and a lot more expensive fines. Next year he would owe more than 3 million in fines. He's only sheduled to make 1.2 mil. He'd have to dig into his next contract to continue to pay off his fines...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks JSR18, I just don't see Mixon holding out. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hadn't thought about that, but still think it would be stupid with Burrow coming in who passes to the RB's so much and in 
this economy should get what you can right now. BTW, read 1.2 mil in an article that Mixon is being paid, could be wrong 
though.

Dalton would have passed to the RBs too if the playcalling allowed it.

And yes, $1.2 mill is what Mixon is set to make this year.
Remember that Bell held out and was set to make $14.5 mill under the franchise tag and still held out.
$1.2 mill is only 10% of that, so in comparison it's small.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dalton would have passed to the RBs too if the playcalling allowed it.

If the play calling is so bad you cannot even throw it to the open guy there is no hope here at all. Mellow 

Throw it to the open man, I don't think Taylor was saying DON'T DO IT!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If the play calling is so bad you cannot even throw it to the open guy there is no hope here at all. Mellow 

Throw it to the open man, I don't think Taylor was saying DON'T DO IT!!!

Are you saying you think Dalton didn't want or think to look for an open RB during plays?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you saying you think Dalton didn't want or think to look for an open RB during plays?

I am saying what damn coach tells the QB not to throw to certain players that are open?

Dalton was all kind of weird last season. Taylor said he gave Dalton the plays and he chose from them which one to run.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am saying what damn coach tells the QB not to throw to certain players that are open?

They don't, but if the playcalling has the RB often blocking rather than going out for a route or going on a route that takes too long to develop or getting open, or if the RB is later in the progression of the called play...
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They don't, but if the playcalling has the RB often blocking rather than going out for a route or going on a route that takes too long to develop or getting open, or if the RB is later in the progression of the called play...

Okay, I get that just saying that some of this is on the QB as I noted in that same post in an edit I read many times that 
Taylor had a number of plays that Dalton could choose from and he made the final choice. Maybe they were all shit plays
I don't know lol
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who reminds you of a cross between Hill and Rudi again Coach?

I am getting confused by which RB you are talking about here lol

Thanks JSR18, I just don't see Mixon holding out. Cool

Yeah, sorry. I was thinking the same thing about how the post read. Patrick is who I was speaking of, not Mixon.

Patrick has good hands and good feet. He has a good burst through the line, but probably isn't going to outrun many NFL CBs or Safeties. His footwork and hands remind me a little of Rudi. His size is more Hill.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Yeah, sorry. I was thinking the same thing about how the post read. Patrick is who I was speaking of, not Mixon.

Patrick has good hands and good feet. He has a good burst through the line, but probably isn't going to outrun many NFL CBs or Safeties. His footwork and hands remind me a little of Rudi. His size is more Hill.

Okay, yeah I get the comparisons then. I actually like his hands better than both those guys and I love how he punishes
Defenders. If we are going to compare Patrick to a former Bengal I would go with the Boogie man Cedric Benson RIP but
with better hands.
Reply/Quote