Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Sign New Running Back
(04-16-2020, 12:25 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Had huge high school career down here in Orlando.  Played for my alma mater FSU.  Rooting for the big fella.

Yeah, Ace Boogie knows the guy from his days in Tallahassee. Said he was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school. Patrick's more Earl Campbell than Barry Sanders. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No wonder the name sounded familiar, remember watching Patrick carry entire piles and dealing punishment this
season. Sounds like a very good pounder on the goal line and he can play fast once he gets up to speed and teams
won't like trying to tackle him. Nice pickup.
Reply/Quote
I’m looking for more picks and Joe Mixon just went straight up on the chopping block.

I like Joe, but we really don’t have to have a rb making a ton when they have a low shelf life
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m looking for more picks and Joe Mixon just went straight up on the chopping block.

I like Joe, but we really don’t have to have a rb making a ton when they have a low shelf life

Mixon is in his prime though and has proven to be one of the best RB's in the NFL and has great hands.

Mixon cannot hold out anymore and make money so it does nothing for him with the new CBA.

Holding out means he gets zero next season I just read.

I would pay him something decent keep him happy and keep him as Burrow's proven RB. Just don't overpay.

If someone is on the cutting block it would be Gio once everything calms down, he is overpaid.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m looking for more picks and Joe Mixon just went straight up on the chopping block.

Why do you worry about draft picks when we can apparently easily replace our star players with former XFL players?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mixon is in his prime though and has proven to be one of the best RB's in the NFL and has great hands.

Mixon cannot hold out anymore and make money so it does nothing for him with the new CBA.

Holding out means he gets zero next season I just read.

I would pay him something decent keep him happy and keep him as Burrow's proven RB. Just don't overpay.

If someone is on the cutting block it would be Gio once everything calms down, he is overpaid.

(04-16-2020, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you worry about draft picks when we can apparently easily replace our star players with former XFL players?

I knew I would get a little flack for that post lol.

Look, I know what Joe has done for the bengals, and I know he has good hands.

I also know Joe will want a big pay day, and if there were ever a time he could have gotten a large contract it was before FA. Problem is, we decided to upgrade a bunch of areas on defense which are more important than the rb position in today’s nfl.

I am not saying I don’t want to keep Joe, but if he wants to hold out at the beginning of the year in a year that’s extremely important to not have any other problems with a new QB, I’m looking to cut all that out if I’m ZT. F that means Joe gets traded I’m fine with that, they like the rb they drafted in the 6th.

You can not agree with me, but Id rather have more picks than a guy holding out for more money we don’t have right now
Reply/Quote
Short yardage, special teamer if he sticks...
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 04:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I knew I would get a little flack for that post lol.

Look, I know what Joe has done for the bengals, and I know he has good hands.

I also know Joe will want a big pay day, and if there were ever a time he could have gotten a large contract it was before FA. Problem is, we decided to upgrade a bunch of areas on defense which are more important than the rb position in today’s nfl.

I am not saying I don’t want to keep Joe, but if he wants to hold out at the beginning of the year in a year that’s extremely important to not have any other problems with a new QB, I’m looking to cut all that out if I’m ZT. F that means Joe gets traded I’m fine with that, they like the rb they drafted in the 6th.

You can not agree with me, but Id rather have more picks than a guy holding out for more money we don’t have right now

Well I agree with a lot of what you say here but in the Mixon thread Bengalfan74 found a tid bit about the new CBA 
where players in certain years of their careers cannot hold out now cause they get zero. If you want to read it is in 
that thread but it is really long and complicated.

If there is a time to pay Mixon it is now before he blows up the league with Burrow in my opinion. Samhain was stating
how the worst thing that could happen here is Mixon doesn't hold out, blows up the league, we don't extend him and
we have to franchise tag him. Then he would have every right to be pissed off.

Mixon is only making like 1.2 mil a year, I know that seems a lot to us but not for one of the best RB's in the NFL...

I say pay him decent, just don't break the bank and he will be happy.
Reply/Quote

Because we signed ex XFL running back? Are you ok?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well I agree with a lot of what you say here but in the Mixon thread Bengalfan74 found a tid bit about the new CBA 
where players in certain years of their careers cannot hold out now cause they get zero. If you want to read it is in 
that thread but it is really long and complicated.

If there is a time to pay Mixon it is now before he blows up the league with Burrow in my opinion. Samhain was stating
how the worst thing that could happen here is Mixon doesn't hold out, blows up the league, we don't extend him and
we have to franchise tag him. Then he would have every right to be pissed off.

Mixon is only making like 1.2 mil a year, I know that seems a lot to us but not for one of the best RB's in the NFL...

I say pay him decent, just don't break the bank and he will be happy.

(04-16-2020, 04:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Because we signed ex XFL running back? Are you ok?
I’m just dandy yellow! Thanks for asking!

I have no idea about any special things in the Cuba, if that’s the case then he most likely won’t hold out and my posts have no basis.

And teams have signed complete randos off the street and ran the ball effective enough. Hell tyey could draft his replacement with his picks lol.
Reply/Quote
Mixon may be miffed because Gio is making more than him.

Hell, trade Gio for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Give Mixon Gio's money and use Ross as the constant motion back that I'm sure is in Zac's offense.

They just signed a 6'3" 231 lb RB who I'm sure can pick up a blitz...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 08:54 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Mixon may be miffed because Gio is making more than him.

Hell, trade Gio for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Give Mixon Gio's money and use Ross as the constant motion back that I'm sure is in Zac's offense.

They just signed a 6'3"  231 lb RB who I'm sure can pick up a blitz...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Who can blame Mixon? They run behind the same Line. Gio is overpaid and Mixon is severely underpaid.

Pay him for what he does and he will be happy, that is all. Agree, all for trading Gio to say the Patriots along with Dalton.

Would like to know how Jacques Patrick picks up the blitz...

This is one thing Gio is great at.
Reply/Quote
3 year deal seems quite the commitment for a virtual camp body.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/16/bengals-agree-to-terms-with-former-xfl-rb-jacques-patrick/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: 3 year deal seems quite the commitment for a virtual camp body.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/16/bengals-agree-to-terms-with-former-xfl-rb-jacques-patrick/

Must really like Ole Jacques. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:48 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals are stock piled at RB now
There is no reason to draft one at all.
The league is going toward 3 man committe
Nick Chubb and Joe Mixon are the best backs in
The AFC.
How,many wins do the Browns Bengals have in
The past 2,years ?

They have Mixon and nobody else. How are they stockpiled?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: 3 year deal seems quite the commitment for a virtual camp body.

Yeah, that surprised me. They're shopping Gio. Already an offer from the Bucs. What could we do with an extra 5th rounder? Throw in Dalton to back up Brady, and asked them for a 3rd rounder. 

Not true. False rumor.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must really like Ole Jacques. Mellow

I have to think Mixon pissed off some people with his threat of holding out. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:26 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yeah, that surprised me. They're shopping Gio. Already an offer from the Bucs. What could we do with an extra 5th rounder? Throw in Dalton to back up Brady, and asked them for a 3rd rounder. 

Seriously?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:42 PM)McC Wrote: Seriously?

ALERT. The rumor's been debunked. Not true.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:47 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: ALERT. The rumor's been debunked. Not true.

I had mixed emotions about it.  I like Gio the dude a lot.  And I like Gio the player a lot too.  I love it when he's doing his thing.  But if you're not letting him do his thing AND you're paying him a lot AND you can get something for him AND you're up against the cap, you'd almost have to do it. 

If they did trade Gio, they would have to keep Mixon or draft a guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote