Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Slide
(11-13-2016, 10:56 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Over the last 16 games, the games we had with and without Dalton have resulted in the same record except for the tie. Basically .500 for both.

We lost to the Texans, which was a fluky game and we barley lost to the Cards at their house. The Cards were in the NFC championship game too. We Probably  would have beat the Steelers and the Broncos if we had Dalton, and that would have improved our record by a lot. The team didn't start its slide until this year, and I think the offense has found its groove. We are just waiting on the defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2016, 04:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We lost to the Texans, which was a fluky game and we barley lost to the Cards at their house. The Cards were in the NFC championship game too. We Probably  would have beat the Steelers and the Broncos if we had Dalton, and that would have improved our record by a lot. The team didn't start its slide until this year, and I think the offense has found its groove. We are just waiting on the defense.

Yeah, but you can't count wins that didn't happen.

Houston always seems to confuse Dalton. Don't know why, but they always seem to have his number.

Still, our record over that period is still .500 even if you don't count the games McCarron started.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2016, 10:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: If memory serves, didn't this slide begin with that game against Houston at PBS? The one where the offense managed only 6 points?

It started when Dalton messed up his thumb and then we lost our offensive coordinator and a ton of weapons
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2016, 11:48 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but you can't count wins that didn't happen.

Houston always seems to confuse Dalton. Don't know why, but they always seem to have his number.

Still, our record over that period is still .500 even if you don't count the games McCarron started.

Dalton played well vs Houston. Efiert dropped like 5 passes and Green has a couple of drops and a fumble. Our weapons looked like garbage that game, not Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2016, 04:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We lost to the Texans, which was a fluky game and we barley lost to the Cards at their house. The Cards were in the NFC championship game too. We Probably  would have beat the Steelers and the Broncos if we had Dalton, and that would have improved our record by a lot. The team didn't start its slide until this year, and I think the offense has found its groove. We are just waiting on the defense.

Good Post DingDing Yes Cheers

Now, please, defense...you must show up tonight and carry the momentum through the end of the season.

The Bengals are lucky as hell to be sitting where they are given their first half performance.  You won't get another chance if you don't rise up and start playing with some &#%*#@ passion.  
Reply/Quote

You mean like this year?  Mellow
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I think the problem with the "slide" lies with the defense. Key players are getting older, look noticeably slower, are out of shape, and replacements are not living up to the hype. There is an article on ESPN today that talks about how we have one of the oldest defenses in the league. You can see it with Michael Johnson, Jones, Peko, and Rey M. Dansby, our big free agent signing last off season, is 35 years old which is ancient in NFL years. Shawn Williams is not nearly the safety that Nelson was, plus it seems that Nelson's play made Ioloka look better than he is. Add in the fact that Burfict looks as if he packed on about 25-30 pounds and you have a complete recipe for disaster.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 10:46 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You mean like this year?  Mellow

Well we didn't have Eifert, Hue, Vance Joseph, Nelson, Burfict, Jones, and Sanu this year. We lost a lot and we had to adjust on offense to make everything work the way it was. The defense isn't anywhere close to how good they were last year. If you can't tell we have had a different team this year than what we did last year I don't know what to tell you.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 05:50 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well we didn't have Eifert, Hue, Vance Joseph, Nelson, Burfict, Jones, and Sanu this year. We lost a lot and we had to adjust on offense to make everything work the way it was. The defense isn't anywhere close to how good they were last year. If you can't tell we have had a different team this year than what we did last year I don't know what to tell you.

With all due respect, but it sounds like a lot of excuses to me. You have the majority of your core in place (Most important is AD, then Green, Dunlap, Geno, Whit, Jones, etc) and also have that added benefit of "stability" with you head man, you should be able to over-come these things. I can forgive having the most important position on the field out with AD. Or even if Green is out. As good as Eifert is, he's still not as valuable as AD or Green to this team. Burfict hurts, but thought Vinny Rey is a serviceable LB. The coaches are a bit different, as it's usually harder to gauge that. But since it's the D that's the weak link, that doesn't really hold as much weight IMO. Paulie G has been here a long while, and been d-cord for 3 years. The position coaches I would hope would be as good, but that's up to the higher ups to decide on the fit. I hope a 10+ year vet at HC in the NFL would have a handle on. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote