Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Spending - Offensive Line vs Defensive Line
This is interesting. I see narratives like - Wow Lou has done a great job with the defense. Well it has improved, but look at this:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I think we have the means and ability to sign Armstead. Whether our front office is WILLING to do it is another matter...
Reply/Quote
It's sickening how they won't spend money on the OL. It really is.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think we have the means and ability to sign Armstead. Whether our front office is WILLING to do it is another matter...

Trade for a Collins, sign a Moses, sign an Armstead. Should be able to do something. (Moses is already signed.)
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think we have the means and ability to sign Armstead. Whether our front office is WILLING to do it is another matter...

They absolutely do. New Orleans who is "in cap hell" is about to bring on Watson and Armstead. It's ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote

Don't want him. Dude is always missing games.

Never played a full season, missed multiple games in 8 of his 9 seasons, has played 10 or less games in 4 of his last 6 seasons.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's sickening how they won't spend money on the OL. It really is.

I was happy with what we had until I saw the Steelers sign Daniels and the Ravens sign Moses.

I believe both teams had less cap space than us going into the offseason.

Both teams, on paper appear to have improved.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is interesting. I see narratives like - Wow Lou has done a great job with the defense. Well it has improved, but look at this:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep this was known even last year.
Bengals have spent a ton on the DL, and it shows.
They also were near the bottom in OL spending last year, and it showed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know there are a lot more quality Dlineman that can be had for a rebate still left out there, while the Olineman quality and prices is definitely disappearing a lot faster. I'm hoping we can spend for at least for 1 more quality Olineman with what we've got left, and just wait for the draft to add rotational Dline. This draft is deep with great Dline from what I see. Dline starters that could be had till the end of the 2nd round. We've got all our Dline starters, so get the depth from the draft now.
Reply/Quote
It’s greed. For once we have very few holes in this team, plenty to spend, SB made it obvious to not only Bengal fans but the world tgat this team can damn well be a dynasty if we just fix the Oline. It’s mind boggling that we are not scooping up Olinemen. I like the moves so far but there are still more that need to be made. Why risk losing out on Collins waiting for him to be cut instead of making an offer. A 4th or 5th round pick, something. Are we really going to find someone better at any position in the 5th round? Highly unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I was happy with what we had until I saw the Steelers sign Daniels and the Ravens sign Moses.

I believe both teams had less cap space than us going into the offseason.

Both teams, on paper appear to have improved.

No they have not improved.  You are either just trolling or you don't even understand how this works.

Pretty much every move the Steelers have made has been backwards.

Roethlisberger > Trubisky
Trai Turner > James Danials
Joe Haden > Levi Wallace

And they still have not replaced Schuster or Terrell Edmunds.

Ravens have only given out one contract worth more than $5 million per year. In fact it looks like they have only signed 2 free agents Marcus Williams and Morgan Moses. What am I missing here?

Meanwhile they have lost starting CB Anthony Averette and still have holes created by free agent starters at DE (Calais Campbell), DT (Brandon Williams), WR (Sammy Watkins), LB (Justin Houston), and FB (Patrick Ricard),
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote:  Why risk losing out on Collins waiting for him to be cut instead of making an offer. A 4th or 5th round pick, something. Are we really going to find someone better at any position in the 5th round? Highly unlikely.

Cowboys were never going to trade Collins for a pick that low.

You are just making stuff up to whine about.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they have not improved.  You are either just trolling or you don't even understand how this works.

Joe Haden > Levi Wallace

Ravens have only given out one contract worth more than $5 million per year.  In fact it looks like they have only signed 2 free agents Marcus Williams and Morgan Moses.  What am I missing here?

Meanwhile they have lost starting CB Anthony Averette and still have holes created by free agent starters at DE (Calais Campbell), DT (Brandon Williams), WR (Sammy Watkins), LB (Justin Houston), and FB (Patrick Ricard),
I keep saying, half the guys on this board wont be happy until we sign every single FA available, if any OL is linked to FA or to us then we should sign them.   Just ridiculous 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cowboys were never going to trade Collins for a pick that low.

You are just making stuff up to whine about.

They literally just released him today for nothing. They would have traded him for a box of rocks if they could have gotten that. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They literally just released him today for nothing. They would have traded him for a box of rocks if they could have gotten that. 

They could not have gotten the same cap relief by trading him now that they get as releasing him now and designating him as a post June 1 cut.  They would have had to wait until after June 1 to trade him.  And they would not have given up the cap savings unless they got some ridiculous return like a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

But, hey, don't let a few facts get in the way of a good whine.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they have not improved.  You are either just trolling or you don't even understand how this works.

Joe Haden > Levi Wallace

Ravens have only given out one contract worth more than $5 million per year.  In fact it looks like they have only signed 2 free agents Marcus Williams and Morgan Moses.  What am I missing here?

No, you don't understand how it works. 

We aren't competing with the Ravens and Steelers. We are competing with the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, Rams, etc.

This is no longer about being good enough to beat the Steelers twice a year and winning a division. It's about being good enough to beat the best teams in the AFC on the road to and eventually to win the Super Bowl. 

The way the Bengals team is CURRENTLY constructed is not good enough. 

There is still time to add pieces and talent, but it needs to happen. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:20 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I keep saying, half the guys on this board wont be happy until we sign every single FA available, if any OL is linked to FA or to us then we should sign them.   Just ridiculous 

No other team in the league lets good players walk in free agency like the Bengals, yet there are always lots of good players in free agency that the Bengals should sign.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The way the Bengals team is CURRENTLY constructed is not good enough. 

Only because you refuse to look at how all the other teams in the AFC are currently constructed.  You act like the Bengals were the only team who had any starters who are free agents.

Who has KC signed to replace starting CB Charvarious Ward who signed with SF?  Or FS Tyrann Mathieu who signed with the Steelers?  Or starting LB Anthony Hitchens? Or starting DT Jarren Reed?  

You don't seem to understand how this works.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only because you refuse to look at how all the other teams in the AFC are currently constructed.  You act like the Bengals were the only team who had any starters who are free agents.

Who has KC signed to replace starting CB Charvarious Ward who signed with SF?  Or FS Tyrann Mathieu who signed with the Steelers?  Or starting LB Anthony Hitchens? Or starting DT Jarren Reed?  

You don't seem to understand how this works.

1. Mathieu is still a FA unless I missed something.

2. KC signed (or agreed to term with) Justin Reid from Hou.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope they sign one more upper level Olineman.
Reply/Quote