Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Starting Offense, week 1
Yes they have to go out and perform, but it's very possible the ENTIRE BENGALS STARTING OFFENSE from week one will be composed of first and second round picks.

Burrow (1), Mixon (2), Chase (1), Higgins (2), Boyd (2), Sample (2), Jonah (1), XSF (2), Price (1), Carman (2), Reiff (1).

These guys, no matter what happens, should be very very fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Allen (6)
Reply/Quote
damn that's crazy
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 05:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Allen (6)

Burrow will be starting week one.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 05:21 PM)MaineBengal Wrote: Yes they have to go out and perform, but it's very possible the ENTIRE BENGALS STARTING OFFENSE from week one will be composed of first and second round picks.

Burrow (1), Mixon (2), Chase (1), Higgins (2), Boyd (2), Sample (2), Jonah (1), XSF (2), Price (1), Carman (2), Reiff (1).

We've seen a near complete turnover from the ML team. Let's hope ZT and Co. have put together a winner. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 05:21 PM)MaineBengal Wrote: Yes they have to go out and perform, but it's very possible the ENTIRE BENGALS STARTING OFFENSE from week one will be composed of first and second round picks.

Possible. But Hopkins & CJ are starters if healthy. Spain/XSF is 50/50.
Reply/Quote
Quite the anomaly. Should be just as interesting when we get there. Camp/pre-season injuries are bound to play a role. It'll take a miracle for Hopkins to be there and Price's leash is shorter than that of a disobedient dog, so it's not out of the realm for Burrow to be taking snaps from Hill in Week 1. + CJ vs Sample... vs Moss?

Can't wait.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:00 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Burrow will be starting week one.

No no no, haven't you heard... Drafting Sewell was the only way the Bengals could start Burrow week 1. He has magical healing powers. Like mister Miyagi.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:07 AM)tms Wrote: Quite the anomaly. Should be just as interesting when we get there. Camp/pre-season injuries are bound to play a role. It'll take a miracle for Hopkins to be there and Price's leash is shorter than that of a disobedient dog, so it's not out of the realm for Burrow to be taking snaps from Hill in Week 1. + CJ vs Sample... vs Moss?

Can't wait.

Who Dey

I agree with you... Trey Hill is my underdog lineman to start week 1. I think he could end up being an absolute steal.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:40 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Possible. But Hopkins & CJ are starters if healthy. Spain/XSF is 50/50.

Spain is the starting LG.
Reply/Quote

Good observation, and reason for optimism when you consider last year's starting lineup for much of the early part of the season had:

1st rounder (Williams)
4th rounder (Jordan)
UDFA (Hopkins)
UDFA (Redmond/Johnson)
7th Round (Hart)

Pretty big overhaul.  
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Spain is the starting LG.

What makes you so certain?  I thought XSF played pretty well when he returned from injury, and LG is his more natural position.  
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What makes you so certain?  I thought XSF played pretty well when he returned from injury, and LG is his more natural position.  

I guess nothing is certain at this point, it's just I either read or listened to an interview last week (don't remember which) where they said they were moving Spain back to his natural position at LG, where he is expected to start, with Carmen starting at RG. That particular article or interview (I don't really remember which it was) did not even mention XFS. Now, I agree with you and have no problem with XFS starting at LG if he is the guy, once his ankle healed he played well. I figure one will start and the other will be 1st backup, and I'm good with either.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 09:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess nothing is certain at this point, it's just I either read or listened to an interview last week (don't remember which) where they said they were moving Spain back to his natural position at LG, where he is expected to start, with Carmen starting at RG. That particular article or interview (I don't really remember which it was) did not even mention XFS. Now, I agree with you and have no problem with XFS starting at LG if he is the guy, once his ankle healed he played well. I figure one will start and the other will be 1st backup, and I'm good with either.

Got it.  I think both players improve because neither one will want to give up the spot and both players should come in to camp fired up and ready to go.  

One knock on XSF has been his inability to stay healthy.  Well, I feel much better with Spain behind him than I did with Mike Jordan playing at all.  That guy should probably just be cut to start over somewhere.  
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Got it.  I think both players improve because neither one will want to give up the spot and both players should come in to camp fired up and ready to go.  

One knock on XSF has been his inability to stay healthy.  Well, I feel much better with Spain behind him than I did with Mike Jordan playing at all.  That guy should probably just be cut to start over somewhere.  

Right, I'm done with Jordan, I hope they just cut him and pick up someone else's camp cut. He's just too big a man to be pushed around like his is. He obviously does not have the mentality to play guard.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We've seen a near complete turnover from the ML team. Let's hope ZT and Co. have put together a winner. 

no excuses any more 

But hopefully we have a better starting center than price.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 09:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: no excuses any more 

But hopefully we have a better starting center than price.

Price at Center does not concern me near as much as Price at Guard. He and Hopkins are alike in that they are both better Centers than they are Guards.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Price at Center does not concern me near as much as Price at Guard. He and Hopkins are alike in that they are both better Centers than they are Guards.

Maybe he just needed 4 years to get it together lol 

i know the injuries set him back a bit so there is hope
Reply/Quote

It's possible, but I think Uzomah (rd 5) and Spain (UDFA) could end up starting over Sample and XSF.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:00 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Burrow will be starting week one.

we can not predict that until we start to see him perform in live situations, they also are not going to rush him back 
Reply/Quote