Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Starting Offense, week 1
In the spirit of the "Surprise vet released" thread I'm going to throw out my "Surprise starter" is Moss at TE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: In the spirit of the "Surprise vet released" thread I'm going to throw out my "Surprise starter" is Moss at TE.

Well it's not like he's competing with any great players, and clearly Burrow has some serious pull. So I'd say he has a shot at least, if healthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well it's not like he's competing with any great players, and clearly Burrow has some serious pull. So I'd say he has a shot at least, if healthy.

Agreed, I think the Burrow connection helps him out. We've seen the draft coverage about how Burrow and Chase have a natural connection from playing at LSU so obviously it is safe to speculate the same extends to Moss.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I think Moss will see the field too. I think he'll have to find a role on special teams first though.

I think lots of guys not listed in that original 11 will have decent to large roles this year. Again, it should be really really fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 08:00 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I agree with you... Trey Hill is my underdog lineman to start week 1. I think he could end up being an absolute steal.

I been watching some tape on Hill. I gotta say I agree with you 100%
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: In the spirit of the "Surprise vet released" thread I'm going to throw out my "Surprise starter" is Moss at TE.

Moss will definitely see playing time. I say cut uzoma and roll with Moss and Sample...
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, I'm done with Jordan, I hope they just cut him and pick up someone else's camp cut. He's just too big a man to be pushed around like his is. He obviously does not have the mentality to play guard.

I have to agree. 

You cannot fill your Off line room with a lot of projects. He showed glimpses of being really good at times. He struggled with his pad level which is the play Burrow was injured on and he was pushed right back into Burrow. I re-watched enough games to see that he also struggled with def line switches that allowed a free defender a shot at Burrow. The switches could somehow be related to Turner but the pad level is on Jordan.
Reply/Quote
I think Spain starts at LG. I like XSF but I think Spain beats him out for the starting position with a full Offseason.

Great pass protector when healthy.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 08:00 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I agree with you... Trey Hill is my underdog lineman to start week 1. I think he could end up being an absolute steal.

Man, if Hill is healthy he could be our Center of the future. Absolutely loved this pick. Wink

This guy can run and pass block. Rock in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 08:27 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I have to agree. 

You cannot fill your Off line room with a lot of projects. He showed glimpses of being really good at times. He struggled with his pad level which is the play Burrow was injured on and he was pushed right back into Burrow. I re-watched enough games to see that he also struggled with def line switches that allowed a free defender a shot at Burrow. The switches could somehow be related to Turner but the pad level is on Jordan.

True, he just cannot stay low. Pollack could help him with the switches but it doesn't matter, low man wins.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Spain starts at LG. I like XSF but I think Spain beats him out for the starting position with a full Offseason.

Great pass protector when healthy.

I wouldn't be so sure that both Spain and XSF aren't the starting Guards to begin the season.  No need to throw a rookie into service on day 1, as I'm sure that injuries will happen, and Carman will get his chance sooner than later.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 09:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure that both Spain and XSF aren't the starting Guards to begin the season.  No need to throw a rookie into service on day 1, as I'm sure that injuries will happen, and Carman will get his chance sooner than later.

Possible, but Carman is such a good run blocker I think he can start day 1 at RG. Seems to be the plan too according to Pollack 
in your thread. He really likes Carman's smarts. Should be a good battle though which we all wanted. Great competition.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
LT-Jonah Williams
G-Quinton Spain
C-Trey Hopkins
G-Jackson Carman
RT-Riley Reiff
Reply/Quote