Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals-Steelers
So while Ben may be at the age where he can have some clunkers, I never believed he was finished.  So him playing well yesterday was no shock.  However, up until the Chief's game, the word was you can't pass on the Steelers, but you can run.  Then they completely shut down the #1 rushing team in the NFL in their stadium.  I guess they had a depleted line so that may be one reason.  We have a terrible running game.  I don't see how the Bengals put up many points this week.  I think the Bengals defense holds its own.  I'm going 20-10 Steelers, and I don't know where the ten are coming from.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess it all depends on which Steelers team shows up. If the Steelers team that played the Jags show up, the Steelers will be in for a long game.
Reply/Quote
This game is a toss up as far as I'm concerned. Who ever has the least turnover's will probably be the winner.
Reply/Quote
With Marv and Tomlin, it may come down to who sticks to a shit game plan more defiantly.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:14 PM)6andcounting Wrote: With Marv and Tomlin, it may come down to who sticks to a shit game plan more defiantly.

Oh yeah Marv has had two weeks to plan for this game. You all in big trouble.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 08:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh yeah Marv has had two weeks to plan for this game. You all in big trouble.

He's already called two of his first half timeouts. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I never feel comfortable with the Steelers. Ever. When you think it's in the bag, they blow it. When all hope seems lost, they play like the Pats. The last time I felt really confident in them was the run to SB 40. Bettis laying out Urlacher set the tone. You just knew it was their time and they were going to get it done.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 09:17 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I never feel comfortable with the Steelers. Ever. When you think it's in the bag, they blow it. When all hope seems lost, they play like the Pats. The last time I felt really confident in them was the run to SB 40. Bettis laying out Urlacher set the tone. You just knew it was their time and they were going to get it done.

I agree the Steelers are maddeningly inconsistent. They beat division leaders and lose to bottom feeders every year.

But this years Bengal's seem a "middling" team. Not dangerous enough to pull off an upset and not bad enough to make this a trap game.

There may be some close calls as the Steelers leave them in the game, but I do not see the Bengals winning this one.

They'll be rested, but perhaps less focused. They are just not the 8-0 team that took Bell out in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 08:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh yeah Marv has had two weeks to plan for this game. You all in big trouble.

And it will still result in a first play delay of game. Maybe a false start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

He probably took all of last week off so all planning will be done this week to simulate a real week.  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 05:46 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I guess it all depends on which Steelers team shows up. If the Steelers team that played the Jags show up, the Steelers will be in for a long game.

The Steelers that showed up against the Jags never show up against the Bengals. Most times, it's the Steelers that showed up for the Chiefs.

Division game along with history and all.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:14 PM)6andcounting Wrote: With Marv and Tomlin, it may come down to who sticks to a shit game plan more defiantly.

Wouldn't the winner stick to a shit game plan less defiantly?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 04:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wouldn't the winner stick to a shit game plan less defiantly?

I think you are right.  Half time adjustments may determine the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:58 PM)Dill Wrote: I think you are right.  Half time adjustments may determine the outcome.

We don't do "journalistic jargons". Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote