Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-21 for Marvin
(10-22-2017, 10:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A mediocre head coach working for an unmotivated owner.

A marriage without accountability. Why would they ever part ways?  Whatever

Don't get me wrong, I had very, extremely, low hope for pulling this game out. Or in other words I knew we would lose. 

But I was at least hoping to see some heart, some spark, some hope. And there was for like 28 minutes. Then the inevitable implosion started.

It's like the old vinyl album with a bad scratch in it, again, again, again, again, again, again the same thing. Zero 2nd half points and 19 stinking yards ! What one 1st down ?

We get out coached time and time again against the Steelers and nearly every "big game".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I had very, extremely, low hope for pulling this game out. Or in other words I knew we would lose. 

But I was at least hoping to see some heart, some spark, some hope. And there was for like 28 minutes. Then the inevitable implosion started.

It's like the old vinyl album with a bad scratch in it, again, again, again, again, again, again the same thing. Zero 2nd half points and 19 stinking yards ! What one 1st down ?

We get out coached time and time again against the Steelers and nearly every "big game".

Hey, we've fired 2 OC's in 16 years...what else do you want?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin had a fine game. 2 for 2 on challenges, went for it on 4th down that resulted in a TD, had the offense ready to go at the beginning of the game, made the defensive adjustments at halftime, conserved Time outs.

Now Tomlin cost his team points with poor clock management at the end of the half.

I get folks want Marvin gone and frankly I don't care if they announce he is gone tomorrow, but let's pile on when he does something wrong.

Wins and losses are all that matters.

2 for 2 is great. Went for it and scored...great.

However, he had 2 ***** weeks to get his team healthy and ready for this game. 2 weeks! And the O-line still played like shit. In two weeks, you can make changes and fix issues...or...you can nut up and fire a coach that is worse than the OC you let go and get an o-line coach in here that can get these guys to fire off the ball.

This loss is 100% on Marvin. 2 weeks to prepare, and you looked like ass....again...against a divisional opponent, who had no new tricks. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Marvin is a dopey name.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A mediocre head coach working for an unmotivated owner.

A marriage without accountability. Why would they ever part ways?  Whatever

Death.

And if there is a God...may it come sooner than mine for both of them so I can have some hope.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote