Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals' Superbowl "Path of Least Resistance" ... You Choose!
Which path do you think offers the Bengals' the best chance at advancing to the Superbowl?

If we beat the Raiders, then there are a few different ways we can get there. Let me know which you would prefer.

The key game will be the (6) NE @ (3) Buffalo game . (Btw, I am disregarding the possibility of Pitt beating KC because that is incredibly far-fetched).

If everything goes chalk , it will be Cincy @ Tenn and Buffalo @ KC .

Then if we win @ TN , we go to either KC or Buffalo for the AFC title game.

However, if NE beats Buffalo , then it will be Cincy @ KC and NE @ Tenn. If we were to beat KC , then we would either go to Tenn or we would host NE for the AFC title game.

Do we want Buffalo or NE to win their matchup? A NE win forces us to play KC in round two BUT gives us a very real possibility of hosting the AFC championship by beating KC and having NE beat Tenn.

So, it's either :

Raiders=> @ Tenn => @ KC => SB

Raiders => @ Tenn => @ Buff => SB

Raiders => @ KC => @ Tenn => SB

Raiders => @ KC => NE(in the Jungle) => SB

If it's your choice, which is your path of least resistence to get to the Superbowl?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 05:56 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Which path do you think offers the Bengals' the best chance at advancing to the Superbowl?

If we beat the Raiders, then there are a few different ways we can get there. Let me know which you would prefer.

The key game will be the (6) NE   @ (3) Buffalo game .     (Btw, I am disregarding the possibility of Pitt beating KC because that is incredibly far-fetched).

If everything goes chalk ,  it will be  Cincy @ Tenn     and    Buffalo @ KC   .

However,  if NE beats Buffalo , then  it will be Cincy @ KC    and NE @ Tenn.    If we were to beat KC , then we would either go to Tenn or we would host  NE for the AFC title game.

Do we want Buffalo or NE to win their matchup?  A NE win forces us to play KC in round two BUT gives us a very real possibility of hosting the AFC championship by beating KC and having NE beat Tenn.    

So, it's either :

Raiders=>   @ Tenn =>   @ KC   =>   SB

Raiders =>  @ Tenn =>   @ Buff =>   SB

Raiders =>   @ KC  =>    @ Tenn  =>  SB

Raiders =>    @ KC  =>    NE(in the Jungle)  =>  SB

If it's your choice, which is your path of least resistence to get to the Superbowl?
Reply/Quote
Absolute best case scenario?

Wildcard Round - Raiders @ home
Divisional Round - Patriots @ home
AFC Championship Game - Steelers @ home

Out of the scenarios that you laid out? Raiders, Titans, Bills…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 05:56 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Which path do you think offers the Bengals' the best chance at advancing to the Superbowl?

The key game will be the (6) NE   @ (3) Buffalo game .     (Btw, I am disregarding the possibility of Pitt beating KC because that is incredibly far-fetched).

If everything goes chalk ,  it will be  Cincy @ Tenn     and    Buffalo @ KC   .

However,  if NE beats Buffalo , then  it will be Cincy @ KC    and NE @ Tenn.    If we were to beat KC , then we would either go to Tenn or we would host  NE for the AFC title game.

Do we want Buffalo or NE to win their matchup?  A NE win forces us to play KC in round two BUT gives us a very real possibility of hosting the AFC championship by beating KC and having NE beat Tenn.    

So, it's either :

The best possible outcome, I think, would be:
Raiders -> Patriots -> Steelers

Knowing though that the Steelers are least likely to win and not wanting to see KC in the postseason at all, I'll go with:
Raiders -> @Titans -> @Bills
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yep, the best path that I actually think is a possibility is

Raiders -> Titans -> Bills

Beating KC in Arrowhead is the game I'd be least confident about. It's hard enough to beat any team twice in a row, but they are a very good team and very tough to beat at their place.

If Pittsburgh were somehow able to beat KC, which I 100% agree is nearly impossible to imagine, then this answer changes dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:13 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Yep, the best path that I actually think is a possibility is

Raiders -> Titans -> Bills

Beating KC in Arrowhead is the game I'd be least confident about. It's hard enough to beat any team twice in a row, but they are a very good team and very tough to beat at their place.  

If Pittsburgh were somehow able to beat KC, which I 100% agree is nearly impossible to imagine, then this answer changes dramatically.

Fair.  But I'd be massively confident going into the SB after doing that.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:07 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Absolute best case scenario?

I concur with that.
Reply/Quote
The path that keeps Joe Burrow upright and uninjured. Do that and it won't matter who is in front of us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:07 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Absolute best case scenario?

That’s what I want. Raiders, Pats, Steelers all at home. That would be amazing.
Reply/Quote
Raiders => @ Tenn => @ Buff => SB
Reply/Quote
I agree that the Riders=> Tenn=> Buffalo is a path that is probably the path of least resistance. Can I see us winning at Tennessee and at Buffalo? Absolutely! Recall that the lowly Pittsburgh Steelers ( and we know how they suck)opened the season by beating the Bills in Buffalo. If they can win there, I know we can. I think we want to delay going to KC as long as possible. I think they probably have us in their sights after seeing their winning streak end in the Jungle. I want no part of them. NONE! I give us a very good shot against against either the Titans or Bills.

If only Pittsburgh didn't absolutely suck balls! If the Steelers could beat KC and NE beats Buffalo, then Pitt would go to Tenn and we would host NE in the divisional round. I LOVE that Final Four !!!
Reply/Quote
Theres only one true path.....by some miracle we get the Steelers in the afcc game in the jungle. Beat their brains for the third time this year before beating the 49ers in the super bowl on a gw td pass from burrow to boyd with 34 seconds left in regulation.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:59 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Theres only one true path.....by some miracle we get the Steelers in the afcc game in the jungle.  Beat their brains for the third time this year before beating the 49ers in the super bowl on a gw td pass from burrow to boyd with 34 seconds left in regulation.

Now THAT would exorcise a helluva lot of demons!!!!
Reply/Quote
I'ma wait til we get this one on Saturday to worry about the path... It's funny; there is a confidence in our fan base not seen in some time... Yet at the same time there is a hope that team x loses to team y so we have an easier path.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'ma wait til we get this one on Saturday to worry about the path... It's funny; there is a confidence in our fan base not seen in some time... Yet at the same time there is a hope that team x loses to team y so we have an easier path.

This! Playoffs are a whole new game, it's one game at a time.
Reply/Quote
We’ll beat any team thrown at us .. GOTTA GET PUMPED! LETS SHOCK THE WORLD
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'ma wait til we get this one on Saturday to worry about the path... It's funny; there is a confidence in our fan base not seen in some time... Yet at the same time there is a hope that team x loses to team y so we have an easier path.

It's not about who we can beat, I think this team can beat anyone. It's about matchups and which teams we match up best against. Right now, we don't really want to face a team with a tremendous pass rush because our O line is dinged up. That's why I preferred playing NE. Not that I don't think we can beat the Raiders. 
Reply/Quote
Ill take the path of most resistance cause if we win..... We be ready
Reply/Quote

So, it's either :

I could see NE knocking off Buffalo but not KC.  Bad match up for them as they'd have to score way too many points to stay in the game.  Not going to happen and no way Belicheat holds the Chief offense to a point total to keep it close.

That said, I'd prefer to go to Buffalo over KC.  KC is a very difficult place to pull out a W.  Buffalo also but I think it'd still be easier.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not about who we can beat, I think this team can beat anyone. It's about matchups and which teams we match up best against. Right now, we don't really want to face a team with a tremendous pass rush because our O line is dinged up. That's why I preferred playing NE. Not that I don't think we can beat the Raiders. 

I can see that. I look at NE and Oakland as a wash. I think NE's defense is no slouch. They'd being a rookie QB to the table, while Oakland has Carr. I think I'd rather face an interim coach over Bill.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote