Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals' Superbowl "Path of Least Resistance" ... You Choose!
Pittsburgh most likely will lose to KC. But don't think for a second the refs aren't going to try to help Pitt win since Ben is pretty much done. There will be at least 2 long KC plays called back on shady holding calls. I won't be shocked if Pittsburgh comes out of that game with a victory. I also wouldn't mind see KC out of the playoffs either.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:14 AM)jason Wrote: I can see that. I look at NE and Oakland as a wash. I think NE's defense is no slouch. They'd being a rookie QB to the table, while Oakland has Carr. I think I'd rather face an interim coach over Bill.

While Oakland has Carr, who does Las Vegas have? Hmm
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 05:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: While Oakland has Carr, who does Las Vegas have? Hmm

I don't know... Didn't you watch them play San Diego the other night? Honestly dude is just good enough for me to try not to mix him up with David Carr.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Raiders > Titan > Bills

But think the path will ultimately have to be carved out straight through KC when it's all said and done whether it be 2nd or 3rd game.
Really don't want to face Mahomes again, but just feel it coming directly at the Bengals if they are to advance anywhere in playoffs.

The NFL may not hate seeing that Cincinnati vs KC rematch either. Would be good ratings since they just played in an epic game where has great highlight videos of each team from just merely weeks ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'ma wait til we get this one on Saturday to worry about the path... It's funny; there is a confidence in our fan base not seen in some time... Yet at the same time there is a hope that team x loses to team y so we have an easier path.

It's probably the most confident we've been since the playoff game against the Chargers following the 2013 season. There are a lot of other eerie similarities, too. As for paradox of hoping to get certain potentially easier matchups, I think that's just a natural way of looking at things at this time of year. You can't convince me that Packers fans wouldn't rather see the Eagles than the Bucs.

Ultimately, do I care about whether they get the easiest possible path? No. Would I take it? Unapologetically, yes. What surprises me is that so many would prefer to go play on the road in the AFC Championship rather than get the Patriots at home. If they're good enough survive the first 2 playoff games to get there, not even Belicheck would scare me in The Jungle. Give these fans what they deserve.
Reply/Quote
I guess it's not possible to play Pitt in the AFC Championship game, huh? I'd absolutely LOVE to see JJJTT (Joe, Joe, JaMarr, Tyler and Tee or maybe Tyler Tee and the Three J's) curbstomp them.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 07:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess it's not possible to play Pitt in the AFC Championship game, huh? I'd absolutely LOVE to see JJJTT (Joe, Joe, JaMarr, Tyler and Tee or maybe Tyler Tee and the Three J's) curbstomp them.. 

Pittsburgh is potentially our best friend in these playoffs.   If they somehow pull off a miracle and beat KC, then they will face the Titans in the divisional round. If they were to knock off Tenn. then there's a chance we get the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship game. A very small likelihood of that happening but it's out  there. I won't say this more than a few times in my life but "Go Steelers!"
Reply/Quote