Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Targeting 2
Bengals are “targeting two players according to sources. Not sure how legit this is but a backup DE makes sense. A RB. I’d say we can get one in the draft. Praying RB’s should be over. “Strong interest” was used in relation to Williams. May be his agent trying to pinch Detroit.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/12/23636535/nfl-rumors-bengals-texans-ogbonnia-okoronkwo-nfl-free-agency-news

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/12/23636524/jamaal-williams-nfl-free-agent-rumors-lions-news-bengals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 07:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals are “targeting two players according to sources. Not sure how legit this is but a backup DE makes sense. A RB. I’d say we can get one in the draft. Praying RB’s should be over. “Strong interest” was used in relation to Williams. May be his agent trying to pinch Detroit.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/12/23636535/nfl-rumors-bengals-texans-ogbonnia-okoronkwo-nfl-free-agency-news

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/12/23636524/jamaal-williams-nfl-free-agent-rumors-lions-news-bengals

Not happening
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Throw Arden Key's name in there, too. Bengals reportedly have interest.

Looks like DE is a priority this offseason. Sam and Trey are great, but enhancing the rotation to get pressure and keep them fresh isn't a bad idea.
Reply/Quote
I like a small deal for either D'Ernest Johnson or Justice Hill to go with a drafted RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 08:07 PM)samhain Wrote: Throw Arden Key's name in there, too.  Bengals reportedly have interest.

Looks like DE is a priority this offseason.  Sam and Trey are great, but enhancing the rotation to get pressure and keep them fresh isn't a bad idea.

Considering how high they were on Karlaftis last year, this also makes sense. Makes me wonder if Edge is high on their draft list (maybe even at 28). If I'm not mistaken Trey has 2 more years and Hubbard has 3. Could get an edge to rotate until they take over.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 08:55 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Considering how high they were on Karlaftis last year, this also makes sense. Makes me wonder if Edge is high on their draft list (maybe even at 28). If I'm not mistaken Trey has 2 more years and Hubbard has 3. Could get an edge to rotate until they take over.

I think Hubbard will be here as long as he's able to physically play football.  Trey, on the other hand might be a guy they need to replace in the near future.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 08:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I like a small deal for either D'Ernest Johnson or Justice Hill to go with a drafted RB.

Ah, get the first brother combo since the Palmer boys.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 09:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Ah, get the first brother combo since the Palmer boys.

I didn't even know he was Dax Hill's brother until just now. Learn something new every day.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd simply pass on Williams at this point as we need to use those funds on other areas of need: I would however like to see us look at Arden Key as a situational rusher, I think a combo of Trey, Sam, Ossai, and Key would be a huge force on passing downs. I wouldn't mind a RB room like this either:

RB- Perine
RB- Zach Charbonnet ( UCLA) 3rd rd
RB- Trayveon Williams

- Mixon's $$ is used to upgrade the Oline
Reply/Quote
If we're looking at a situational pass rusher, how about Markus Golden? Had 11 sacks in 2021, regressed last year but I think he has something left in the tank. He was cut, so it also doesn't affect the comp pick formula if that's important to you.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
I don't understand either of these signings.

Yes they are both needs, but I feel like Ossai fills the edge rush need (he was flashing a lot last year) and then we draft a RB. Signing a RB after releasing Mixon would make no sense to me.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't understand either of these signings.

Yes they are both needs, but I feel like Ossai fills the edge rush need (he was flashing a lot last year) and then we draft a RB. Signing a RB after releasing Mixon would make no sense to me.

I think signing a RB serves two purposes: (1) roster depth and (2) provides insurance in case the draft doesn't fall the way Duke wants it to fall. They might not get a RB they covet during the draft.

If they sign Williams, it guarantees a Mixon release. If they sign him, I hope it means they still plan on drafting a RB this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't understand either of these signings.

It makes sense if the team is done with Trayveon Henderson, and they want to roll with Perine, Williams, Evans and rookie.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think signing a RB serves two purposes: (1) roster depth and (2) provides insurance in case the draft doesn't fall the way Duke wants it to fall. They might not get a RB they covet during the draft.

If they sign Williams, it guarantees a Mixon release. If they sign him, I hope it means they still plan on drafting a RB this year.

I guess you're right. It all comes down to price with the Williams signing. If they sign Williams then you can pretty much guarantee that BOTH Perine and Mixon are gone. 

They need more speed and play making out of RB and Perine and Williams still don't give you that - need to draft someone to compliment Williams. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Bengals also have Perine and Williams hitting FA.
They could plan to sign someone like Jamaal Williams in FA and treat him as Perine's replacement, draft a RB, and then release Mixon after the draft to free up cap for Summer extensions.
Regardless, signing Jamaal Williams and letting Mixon go would still be expected to be a net gain on cap space, which the Bengals might need.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The only free agent signing that was "previewed" in the media has been Collins. I'd take any public declarations of interest with a grain of salt until we hear they are signed or in town

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I hate these articles that start out "The Bengals could...." or "The Bengals may...." Really, what's the point outside of getting clicks. I could write the same thing saying "The Bengals could trade Joe Burrow" and it makes as much sense. They "Could" do anything.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate these articles that start out "The Bengals could...." or "The Bengals may...." Really, what's the point outside of getting clicks. I could write the same thing saying "The Bengals could trade Joe Burrow" and it makes as much sense. They "Could" do anything.

Then again they might not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 08:07 PM)samhain Wrote: Throw Arden Key's name in there, too.  Bengals reportedly have interest.

Looks like DE is a priority this offseason.  Sam and Trey are great, but enhancing the rotation to get pressure and keep them fresh isn't a bad idea.

Would love Okoronkwo or Arden Key to be in our rotation...

If we sign Jamaal Williams it is a sure thing we are cutting Mixon and it is good insurance in case the Draft doesn't fall the way we
hope to get a talented RB that can pass block. Jamaal can pass block and that is what we need at RB, plus he scores a lot of TD's.
Reply/Quote