Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Targets By Position
(04-08-2024, 12:30 AM)Okeana Wrote: Why?

Top Corner for cheap who played with Jordan Battle, Terrion Arnold makes a lot of sense honestly.

(04-08-2024, 08:17 AM)Synric Wrote: Solid list.

Bengals love grabbing home town kids so Erick All is definitely higher on their boards. One tweek I would suggest is Maason Smith a little higher. They sent Marrion Hobby to LSU pro day and had him in for a top 30 visit.

You would think Maason Smith is a thought in the 2nd round for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Top Corner for cheap who played with Jordan Battle, Terrion Arnold makes a lot of sense honestly.

i hear ya, but why?  What tells you that the Bengals are interested in him?  Sell me on him as a player vs the defensive backs that Lou has shown he wants to draft.  What tells you that the Bengals are interested in this player

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Top Corner for cheap who played with Jordan Battle, Terrion Arnold makes a lot of sense honestly.

In 2022 and 2023, the Bengals met with a large number of defensive backs in meetings in the pre-draft process. In this draft, they have met with 1 corner and 1 safety.  When you have a limited-size scouting staff a team like the Bengals will focus in on position groups.  At least that's my theory, so it's kinda the point of this thread.  If they meet with a ton of day 1 and day 2 offensive tackles and no corners, what information does that tell me about their focus?  Can we establish a model of the data to provide insights in this draft process and future drafts.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 04:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: i hear ya, but why?  What tells you that the Bengals are interested in him?  Sell me on him as a player vs the defensive backs that Lou has shown he wants to draft.  What tells you that the Bengals are interested in this player

Honestly, I am just preparing myself for it in case Arnold is the pick like Soonerpeace has been hinting at. Whether people believe it or not I 
do believe Sooner knows somebody in the somewhat inner circle at PBS. Arnold is a Corner who sticks like glue to WR's and played the other 
team's #1's and played well in doing it otherwise he wouldn't be mentioned as such a can't miss prospect.

I like Mitchell a bit better because of his length and he is more of a Zone corner, but Arnold like I said might be there unlike Mitchell and did
play with Jordan Battle at Bama.

The Bengals are always interested in a good Corner, don't know why they wouldn't be.

Not what I want as I think CTB and Turner will be just fine.

I want Murphy the most at 18 if Fuaga is gone the closer we get to the Draft. Latham scares me a bit not working out and Mims and only 
playing about 1/3 the snaps is also a little concerning. Guyton just doesn't impress me when watching his film.

(04-08-2024, 05:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: In 2022 and 2023, the Bengals met with a large number of defensive backs in meetings in the pre-draft process. In this draft, they have met with 1 corner and 1 safety.  When you have a limited-size scouting staff a team like the Bengals will focus in on position groups.  At least that's my theory, so it's kinda the point of this thread.  If they meet with a ton of day 1 and day 2 offensive tackles and no corners, what information does that tell me about their focus?  Can we establish a model of the data to provide insights in this draft process and future drafts.

Good points, not looking at many Corners says we aren't near as interested this year. Sainristil fits like a glove and should be a mid round
pick and I expect him to be a Bengal along with McKinnley Jackson. We want good character in our players and Captain like status from 
what we have seen in the Taylor/Anarumo era.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly, I am just preparing myself for it in case Arnold is the pick like Soonerpeace has been hinting at. Whether people believe it or not I 
do believe Sooner knows somebody in the somewhat inner circle at PBS. Arnold is a Corner who sticks like glue to WR's and played the other 
team's #1's and played well in doing it otherwise he wouldn't be mentioned as such a can't miss prospect.

I like Mitchell a bit better because of his length and he is more of a Zone corner, but Arnold like I said might be there unlike Mitchell and did
play with Jordan Battle at Bama.

The Bengals are always interested in a good Corner, don't know why they wouldn't be.

Not what I want as I think CTB and Turner will be just fine.

I want Murphy the most at 18 if Fuaga is gone the closer we get to the Draft. Latham scares me a bit not working out and Mims and only 
playing about 1/3 the snaps is also a little concerning. Guyton just doesn't impress me when watching his film.

Good points, not looking at many Corners says we aren't near as interested this year. Sainristil fits like a glove and should be a mid round
pick and I expect him to be a Bengal along with McKinnley Jackson. We want good character in our players and Captain like status from 
what we have seen in the Taylor/Anarumo era.

Yeah I don't know Sooner or what contacts he may or may not have, but lou typically doesn't like slow cb's and he typically likes guys who can play zone and man, I view Arnold as a Man corner.  That being said, Its not a bad pick, but its a boring Dre Kirkpatrick-style pick and not a dominating guy like Mitchell, who I graded similarly to Sauce.  Regardless I would be shocked if they drafted Arnold over Mims, Murphy, or even an edge like verse or Latu 

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 07:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yeah I don't know Sooner or what contacts he may or may not have, but lou typically doesn't like slow cb's and he typically likes guys who can play zone and man, I view Arnold as a Man corner.  That being said, Its not a bad pick, but its a boring Dre Kirkpatrick-style pick and not a dominating guy like Mitchell, who I graded similarly to Sauce.  Regardless I would be shocked if they drafted Arnold over Mims, Murphy, or even an edge like verse or Latu 

Hey, I agree completely as usual Okeana. Actually hope Sooner is wrong and even if Arnold is there we pass on him and draft Murphy or Newton
at DT, Mims or Latham for RT or one of the Edges in Verse or Latu myself. Just sometimes I tend to prepare myself for things I don't necessarily 
want to happen. This is one of them. Arnold being mostly a Man corner makes me feel like it isn't nearly as likely.

We like Zone Corners.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, I agree completely as usual Okeana. Actually hope Sooner is wrong and even if Arnold is there we pass on him and draft Murphy or Newton
at DT, Mims or Latham for RT or one of the Edges in Verse or Latu myself. Just sometimes I tend to prepare myself for things I don't necessarily 
want to happen. This is one of them. Arnold being mostly a Man corner makes me feel like it isn't nearly as likely.

We like Zone Corners.

If I’m taking a slower guy I would take Kyree Jackson from Oregon. I highly recommend his tape. He’s not Richard Sherman… or is he

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 11:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: If I’m taking a slower guy I would take Kyree Jackson from Oregon.  I highly recommend his tape.  He’s not Richard Sherman… or is he

Oh yeah, I really liked what I saw from Kyree Jackson except for the penalties. Ha ha, that is problem with him, he is too much like Sherman. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, I really liked what I saw from Kyree Jackson except for the penalties. Ha ha, that is problem with him, he is too much like Sherman. Hilarious

no one is perfect, but i like what he gives me from a huge physical corner, its a different flavor for sure haha

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 03:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: no one is perfect, but i like what he gives me from a huge physical corner, its a different flavor for sure haha

Yes, KJ has to clean up the PI's, just like Richard Sherman he wasn't called for them as much as he could of been. But the physical tools are 
definitely there. Still think we draft Sainristil, but KJ is definitely a thought if we don't get him. They are different kind of Corners with KJ's size
so it is possible we would draft both yah never know. Doubt it though, I think we really like DJ Ivey as our backup Corner for the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, KJ has to clean up the PI's, just like Richard Sherman he wasn't called for them as much as he could of been. But the physical tools are 
definitely there. Still think we draft Sainristil, but KJ is definitely a thought if we don't get him.

I like Sainristil as well, but I think they will play Dax at corner to eventually replace Mike Hilton

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 03:46 PM)Okeana Wrote: I like Sainristil as well, but I think they will play Dax at corner to eventually replace Mike Hilton

Agree, think Dax will be a damn good replacement for Mike as well after this season. But Dax should be defending TE's for us at Slot Corner
this year. Dax was our best player at Defending TE's last year as bad as his second half of the year at FS was.
Reply/Quote