Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals @ The team with no name
What's your predictions?

Washington: 27
Bengals: 13
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: What's your predictions?

Washington: 27
Bengals: 13

Bengals - 35

Redskins- 24

Burrow responds to his game in Pissburgh with a monster day through the air.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals - 35

Redskins- 24

I agree, Burrow responds like a beast. But the rest of the team will be same ol', same ol'. Defense will show spark in the 1st Q or so and then fizzle. Gio is fast but can be tripped up by a feather. Our turnstile-type of O-line will be well oiled for this game. It will be like the French hosting an invasion. (sidenote: I think the winner of the Inaugural Tour-de-France was the 5th Panzer division).

At the very least I hope to see something competitive from the Bengals, not like the debacle against the Steelers. I dunno, when they got a shot of Burrow on the bench when Steelers had the ball, he had that look on his face that said, "What the hell did I get myself into? Does anybody in this organization even want to win?" 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The offense rights the ship in this one, but this isn't an easy win. People keep talking about that D line, but they have weapons on offense as well, and Haskins isn't starting anymore. This game will be touch and go.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:57 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I agree, Burrow responds like a beast. But the rest of the team will be same ol', same ol'. Defense will show spark in the 1st Q or so and then fizzle. Gio is fast but can be tripped up by a feather. Our turnstile-type of O-line will be well oiled for this game. It will be like the French hosting an invasion. (sidenote: I think the winner of the Inaugural Tour-de-France was the 5th Panzer division).

At the very least I hope to see something competitive from the Bengals, not like the debacle against the Steelers. I dunno, when they got a shot of Burrow on the bench when Steelers had the ball, he had that look on his face that said, "What the hell did I get myself into? Does anybody in this organization even want to win?" 

Think Mixon may be back this week. Nothing really to go on, just a hunch, with how the rehab has been going.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:57 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I agree, Burrow responds like a beast. But the rest of the team will be same ol', same ol'. Defense will show spark in the 1st Q or so and then fizzle. Gio is fast but can be tripped up by a feather. Our turnstile-type of O-line will be well oiled for this game. It will be like the French hosting an invasion. (sidenote: I think the winner of the Inaugural Tour-de-France was the 5th Panzer division).

The o line hasn't really been a turn style for the last couple of games. Burrow just can't hold the ball forever.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals - 35

Redskins- 24

Maybe it happens, but I doubt it's to that extent.
WAS is #1 defense in passing yards allowed in the league.
They've only allowed 300 yards passing once all season, and it was exactly 300 (Goff).
Murray was 2nd most passing yards against WAS with 278.

I'll go...
CIN - 24
WAS - 21
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think the game will be a shootout especially if Tony Brown is out there. I do think our O will rebound and give us a chance to win. Its the D that still worries me. I like how well they played the run against the Stealers, but we are still thin on D overall and the CB position is the weak link all the sudden. Im hoping Takk makes a difference getting QB pressure. That would help a lot. I also hope we sign Deandre Baker. Anyone but Tony Brown lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The o line hasn't really been a turn style for the last couple of games. Burrow just can't hold the ball forever.

He's trying to hit the "big play" I'm hoping with more time and understanding he realizes to take what the defense gives you. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:36 AM)jason Wrote: The offense rights the ship in this one, but this isn't an easy win. People keep talking about that D line, but they have weapons on offense as well, and Haskins isn't starting anymore. This game will be touch and go.

Exactly, Mclaurin will shred this defense
Reply/Quote
Their Dline is decent. I say we put up 24 and win against Football team 17. We are 1 draft away in a draft that will be a total crap shoot based on previous decisions I am not liking our chances.
Reply/Quote
Luckily for us, Alex Smith is back....and played very well Sunday. Yay us!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A bit off topic, but I just realized something somewhat recently that I didn't know you could do. If you hold your mouse over the reactions to a post it will tell you who left it. (Am I an idiot for not knowing this?)

Anways, I've come to a simple conclusion. The vast majority of thumbs down and 1 star ratings are coming from a single poster. I always wondered who was going around and being so petty. Well, now I've got my answer.

Seriously, someone simply created a prediction thread and some asshat rated it one star. Why? What is wrong with a prediction thread, that it deserves that? Then someone thumbs down the OP for picking against the Bengals. Again, why? Why not just make your own prediction, or state why you feel they're wrong?

There's some seriously angry and petty people on this board.
Reply/Quote
Bengals - 24
Redksins - 20
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 12:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Luckily for us, Alex Smith is back....and played very well Sunday. Yay us!

Freakin amazing story.  Except for this Sunday, I'll be rooting for that dude more than pretty much any other QB ever.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure about a score, I never seem to guess right on the final, but I can give my thoughts on the game. The Washington Reds... sorry...football team (so dumb) has more holes then the Bengals. One thing they do have is some guys up front that can get after the passer with Young, Sweat and Jonathan Allen. What worries me the most however is the coaching ranks. Zach Taylor, Lou and Company versus Riverboat Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio.

If the Bengals offense can avoid missed passes, drops and turnovers they should really be able to beat this team, but that seems to be the theme of the season. If the score is close and coaching decisions make a major impact, gotta give the game to Washington. If the offense comes out clicking and stays on for the day, then Cincy can pick up win 3.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Really hard game to call. Could be a runaway for either team, could be a boring low scoring snooze fest.

I'd say it will come down to who shoots themselves in the foot less.
Reply/Quote
I know this means zilch, but just going back and looking at WFT box scores of previous games, I noticed they seem to score a lot of points in the 4th quarter, and we seem to let a lot of opposing teams score in the 4th quarter, so that makes me nervous. Lets just hope Burrow doesn't get an Andy Dalton cheap shot against him.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Freakin amazing story.  Except for this Sunday, I'll be rooting for that dude more than pretty much any other QB ever.

Absolutely agree....and can't forget Bridgewater either. I mean, there was serious talk of an amputation there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We should have hired Rivera.

He and is staff will make adjustments at half time and win the game in the fourth quarter.

But it may not be that close. The Washington D is very good- particularly pass defense.
Reply/Quote