Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Titans predictions
Picked the Steelers last week. Not making that mistake again.

Bengals offense is humming. Titans defense is a bit beat up. I think we get up on them early and force them to play catch up.

27 - 17 Bengals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 01:52 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Both teams have similar seasons going. They started 0-2. They're in the midst of recovering from that and have been playing well. Both have generally handled lesser teams and been inconsistent or worse against good teams.

I don't trust the Titans offense and I do trust Joe Burrow.
27-23 Bengals

In the end this is what I think gives us the edge. Nice post JaggedJimmyJay. Rock On
Reply/Quote
28-24. Bengals win a close one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
27-24 Bengals
Reply/Quote
King Henry will have a good day. So will Perine. It will be close, but I think the Bengals win 23-20.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is 7 win and #1 in the AFC South Tennessee at home against 6 win and #2 in the AFC North Cincinnati. Tennessee has been playing great winning 7 of their last 8, and that loss was in OT to Kansas City. Bengals have wins over 2 teams with winning records in Dolphins and Jets. Bengals come in banged up with no Mixon and Chase not in that great of shape. The Home Team Tennessee is the favorites of about 70 % of sports writers.

Now if you say Tannehill on this site, Bengals fans laugh, but Tannehill has been playing lights out lately. He will be far tougher than Steelers Pickett who was tough enough. Let's not even compare Perine to Henry who is on pace for HOF.

Make no mistake, playing at the #1 team in the AFC South is no easy game. This would be a good win if Bengals can pull it off. The rematch of last years AFC Play-Off Teams may just be the NFL GAME of The WEEK. I would make Tennessee the favorite, but as a Bengal Fan I am of course rooting for my Bengals.

I live in Ohio, but sorry Ohio people. With Cincinnati and Covington on each side of the river, this is like Kentucky playing at Tennessee. Should be a good game. #2 in the AFC NORTH at #1 in the AFC SOUTH. Tennessee is going to win the AFC South this season and will have home games in play-offs in Tennessee. AFC Champ Bengals are not as sure about being in the play-offs again.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I just don't see the Titans losing this one.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 10:48 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Picked the Steelers last week. Not making that mistake again.

Bengals offense is humming. Titans defense is a bit beat up. I think we get up on them early and force them to play catch up.

27 - 17 Bengals.

So I guess you don’t know how football works. If you pick against the Bengals and they win then you do it again. How do you not know this?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 02:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: King Henry will have a good day. So will Perine. It will be close, but I think the Bengals win 23-20.

Lightning doesn’t normally strike the same place twice. Betting on perine is risky. IMO.

This is a hurst and boyd feast.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 06:18 AM)kevin Wrote: This is 7 win and #1 in the AFC South Tennessee at home against 6 win and #2 in the AFC North Cincinnati. Tennessee has been playing great winning 7 of their last 8, and that loss was in OT to Kansas City. Bengals have wins over 2 teams with winning records in Dolphins and Jets. Bengals come in banged up with no Mixon and Chase not in that great of shape. The Home Team Tennessee is the favorites of about 70 % of sports writers.

Now if you say Tannehill on this site, Bengals fans laugh, but Tannehill has been playing lights out lately. He will be far tougher than Steelers Pickett who was tough enough. Let's not even compare Perine to Henry who is on pace for HOF.

Make no mistake, playing at the #1 team in the AFC South is no easy game. This would be a good win if Bengals can pull it off. The rematch of last years AFC Play-Off Teams may just be the NFL GAME of The WEEK. I would make Tennessee the favorite, but as a Bengal Fan I am of course rooting for my Bengals.

I live in Ohio, but sorry Ohio people. With Cincinnati and Covington on each side of the river, this is like Kentucky playing at Tennessee. Should be a good game. #2 in the AFC NORTH at #1 in the AFC SOUTH. Tennessee is going to win the AFC South this season and will have home games in play-offs in Tennessee. AFC Champ Bengals are not as sure about being in the play-offs again.

Lights out and ryan tannehill are like oil and water, they just don’t go together. At his best, Tannehill is like Andy Dalton… as good as the team around him. That’s not a knock on tannehill, but rest assured, the bengals focus is to stop Henry and force tannehill to beat them (which he won’t if the bengals are successful at the prior).

If Henry goes off, tannehill plays a clean game. If Henry is limited (which could still be 100 and a TD) tannehill will force turnovers. The AFC south is a bad division… historically maybe.

Davis mills, now benched
Colts (fired HC, back and forth on QBs)
Jags - avg
Titans

Honestly, the titans are probably very close to a team like the browns, which is beatable . If you flip browns and titans, the records likely mirror that. Good running game, meh QB, ok receivers and solid d line.
Reply/Quote
31-23 Bengals win. Offense moves the ball through the air, defense bends but holds to FG’s which is the difference.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 08:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lights out and ryan tannehill are like oil and water, they just don’t go together.  At his best, Tannehill is like Andy Dalton… as good as the team around him.  That’s not a knock on tannehill, but rest assured, the bengals focus is to stop Henry and force tannehill to beat them (which he won’t if the bengals are successful at the prior).  

If Henry goes off, tannehill plays a clean game.  If Henry is limited (which could still be 100 and a TD) tannehill will force turnovers.  The AFC south is a bad division… historically maybe.  

Davis mills, now benched
Colts (fired HC, back and forth on QBs)
Jags - avg
Titans

Honestly, the titans are probably very close to a team like the browns, which is beatable . If you flip browns and titans, the records likely mirror that.  Good running game, meh QB, ok receivers and solid d line.

Take a good look at the teams the Titans beat last year including the last door in LA no less.  Whatever

[Image: FDpQ348WYAEGF2b.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 12:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Take a good look at the teams the Titans beat last year including the last door in LA no less.  Whatever

This year, the titans haven’t beat a team over .500 yet.

In the Not For Long league, last year doesn’t matter.
Reply/Quote
They are almost guaranteed to play the game at the gym I go to since the game is scheduled to be on in the area and TN is the closest NFL team. So, I can work off some of my holiday excess and watch my Bengals at the same time. Beating Pittsburgh last week makes it less of a must-win, but the Bengals are missing some pieces and TN is much healthier than last year. One can hope, but we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 12:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Take a good look at the teams the Titans beat last year including the last door in LA no less.  Whatever

Bills beat the Titans 41-7 this season.

Reply/Quote

What does that have to do with this year?  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 05:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What does that have to do with this year?  Nervous

I think he’s saying they aren’t as good this year
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bengals-27-20
They will need to protect Burrow better this time around.Give Burrow time to take deep shots down the field.This is Titan’s weakness on defense.Air it out.Hoping Chase is ready to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 05:33 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: They are almost guaranteed to play the game at the gym I go to since the game is scheduled to be on in the area and TN is the closest NFL team. So, I can work off some of my holiday excess and watch my Bengals at the same time. Beating Pittsburgh last week makes it less of a must-win, but the Bengals are missing some pieces and TN is much healthier than last year. One can hope, but we'll see.

There’s an issue I’ve never had to worry about.

Reply/Quote