Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals To Get Better Look At Senoir Bowl
Of course it is better to go to The Super Bowl than The Senior Bowl. It is also better to go to The AFC Championship Game. However the Bengals have always had less scouts than most NFL teams. Bengals have expected Head Coaches and Coaches to do their own scouting. That is hard to do when you are at The Super Bowl or just finishing AFC Championship Game.

So this year Bengals Head Coach and Coaches will be in full force at The Senior Bowl. It there is anybody worth drafting at The Senior Bowl, the Bengals coaches will know.

So to some this is touch football Pro Bowl week. To Bengals coaches it is Senior Bowl week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Embarrassing that in 2024 the Bengals still only have 4 scouts to cover both Pro Scouting and College Scouting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The worst thing about the Senior Bowl is the game. I hope we have a large contingency down there.

For forum member who what to get a deeper look at Senior Bowl week. I recommend you click the following thread:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Scouting-the-All-Star-games-2024

Synric and the other board draftniks do s great job of sharing their knowledge. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The worst thing about the Senior Bowl is the game. I hope we have a large contingency down there.

For forum member who what to get a deeper look at Senior Bowl week. I recommend you click the following thread:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Scouting-the-All-Star-games-2024

Synric and the other board draftniks do s great job of sharing their knowledge. 

Thanks for the link to another thread. I pulled this tidbit from one of those posts:

Jim Nagy: "Nobody's talking about it because few truly track later round prospects but combination of NIL money, widespread use of extra Covid year, & smallest junior class in over a decade completely wiped out depth of this year's NFL Draft. By late December, our Senior Bowl board fell apart in Rounds 5-7. Teams will either be trading away Day 3 picks to preserve value or selecting players from their free agent side board in April."

Seems like good year for Bengals to trade later picks for better slots in days 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:38 PM)kevin Wrote: Of course it is better to go to The Super Bowl than The Senior Bowl. It is also better to go to The AFC Championship Game. However the Bengals have always had less scouts than most NFL teams. Bengals have expected Head Coaches and Coaches to do their own scouting. That is hard to do when you are at The Super Bowl or just finishing AFC Championship Game.

So this year Bengals Head Coach and Coaches will be in full force at The Senior Bowl. It there is anybody worth drafting at The Senior Bowl, the Bengals coaches will know.

So to some this is touch football Pro Bowl week. To Bengals coaches it is Senior Bowl week.

Is the Senoir Bowl a French version of the Senior Bowl?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite weeks of the year. NFLN has all 3 days of practice coverage back and I'll be watching it shortly!

Duke of course was front row center.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 05:15 PM)Synric Wrote: One of my favorite weeks of the year. NFLN has all 3 days of practice coverage back and I'll be watching it shortly!

Keep Duke's attention focused on the guys in the trenches!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 05:15 PM)Synric Wrote: One of my favorite weeks of the year. NFLN has all 3 days of practice coverage back and I'll be watching it shortly!

(01-30-2024, 07:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Keep Duke's attention focused on the guys in the trenches!

That's what I'm saying!

I don't understand why Pollack isn't there (maybe he is) since he'll be coaching the guys, but hopefully it means he's on his way out!

If he's not on his way out, I hope we get him some good prospects to work with!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 05:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Is the Senoir Bowl a French version of the Senior Bowl?

Lol. Spanish
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 08:09 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Lol. Spanish

That would be, Señor! Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 07:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Keep Duke's attention focused on the guys in the trenches!

And whoever he decides he likes we should take them off the draft board.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 09:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And whoever he decides he likes we should take them off the draft board.

I support this strategy.
Reply/Quote
Now that I'm quickly approaching the last milestone of adult development of social security and that's it the senior bowl always makes me feel like it should be old gray haired guys still trying to act like college kids..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 04:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Embarrassing that in 2024 the Bengals still only have 4 scouts to cover both Pro Scouting and College Scouting.

I don't see much correlation in more scouts mean greater success, Cleveland has had a large scouting department, not equal much. Bengals have always put their coaches more in involved than most teams, a PB legacy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 11:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't see much correlation in more scouts mean greater success, Cleveland has had a large scouting department, not equal much. Bengals have always put their coaches more in involved than most teams, a PB legacy

Not to mention, we have every video on prospects as all the other clubs...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 11:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Now that I'm quickly approaching the last milestone of adult development of social security and that's it the senior bowl always makes me feel like it should be old gray haired guys still trying to act like college kids..  Mellow

[Image: fe73b1af873779244b56984e487eca1e.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 05:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: fe73b1af873779244b56984e487eca1e.jpg]

"You're my boy, Blue!"
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
More Clips and Links to OL vs DL and WRs vs DBs in the Draft Section!

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 09:52 AM)Synric Wrote:

Tyler got nicked up at Oklahoma about the 9th game. OU was out of the playoffs. He was cleared to play but chose not to play pretty much and disappointed the staff and particularly his OL coach Bill Bedenbaugh. I’m sure he was trying to protect himself realizing his potential windfall. On his last game he got in the very last series on his Senior Day as his parents were probably there. Bedenbaugh has tweeted about him so the relationship is still there. I don’t think they hold it against him yet disappointed. As I’ve mentioned before Guyton has tremendous upside. I know that word is thrown around a lot but he’s not started a ton of games at RT. He was a DT in high school and converted to offensive tackle his second year after playing some H-back at TCU and TE. If he goes high it will rest on his performance at the Senior Bowl & combine. I learned that the Bengals look at video of players versus elite players. They don’t look at anything guys like Guyton did versus players that won’t play in the league.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote