Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals To Interview Lou Anarumo Thursday
(02-21-2019, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I really like that aspect of him.

Biggest problem we had on defense last year, which we all witnessed, and which even Marvin couldn't fix, was that the middle of the D was such a paradise for opposing offenses that it brought down both the front and back.  The LB's made the other levels look a whole lot worse than they actually were.

If QB's don't have that easy five yard checkdown, suddenly the pass rush has that extra second to get home.  If this happens, now a DC can get creative with stunts and blitzes and your defense can go from just trying to hold on for their lives to maybe even being able to confuse and dominate offenses.

I'm not saying fixing the D is gonna be easy peazy, but at least no one has to try to figure out what went so wrong and you know right off the bat where to start the fix.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, man.  From what I've been reading, seems like Anarumo likes an aggressive pass rush.  Seems like he could turn into Geno and Carlos' best friend.

Serious question where are you seeing this? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: Biggest problem we had on defense last year, which we all witnessed, and which even Marvin couldn't fix, was that the middle of the D was such a paradise for opposing offenses that it brought down both the front and back.  The LB's made the other levels look a whole lot worse than they actually were.

If QB's don't have that easy five yard checkdown, suddenly the pass rush has that extra second to get home.  If this happens, now a DC can get creative with stunts and blitzes and your defense can go from just trying to hold on for their lives to maybe even being able to confuse and dominate offenses.

I'm not saying fixing the D is gonna be easy peazy, but at least no one has to try to figure out what went so wrong and you know right off the bat where to start the fix.

Really adding 2 LB's should fix it.

Well, we all know players will get injured. Some will get better. Some will decline.

I just saw that Burfict missed 37 of 80 games over the past 5 seasons. Seems like a no brainer to waive him.
Reply/Quote
so its a done deal...and didn't take 2 days and a weekend break.

Now time to fill the other open positions

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They called him in to interview him and hired him on the same day. Seems legit.

Interview Question 1: Are you willing to work here?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They called him in to interview him and hired him on the same day. Seems legit.

Interview Question 1: Are you willing to work here?

So after criticizing them for being too picky when it comes to JDR, now we're going to assume that they're being way to easy in their hiring?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:15 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So after criticizing them for being too picky when it comes to JDR, now we're going to assume that they're being way to easy in their hiring?

They weren't too picky on JDR. They obviously didn't want someone with a strong coaching background to come in and challenge. They went the route of comfort hires. JDR is who they absolutely should have hired.

After they got down to about candidate 10 on the list, Taylor went with one of his former coaching friends in Miami. Have you missed it? That's what he does. Comfort hires. Turner the offensive line coach that's said questionable things in the past. A bunch of these guys are Meh hires.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They weren't too picky on JDR. They obviously didn't want someone with a strong coaching background to come in and challenge. They went the route of comfort hires. JDR is who they absolutely should have hired.

After they got down to about candidate 10 on the list, Taylor went with one of his former coaching friends in Miami. Have you missed it? That's what he does. Comfort hires. Turner the offensive line coach that's said questionable things in the past. A bunch of these guys are Meh hires.

EVERY coach comfort hires when it is up to them.  It is a no brainer that they will hire someone they are comfortable working with and who shares their philosophy.  You can hire the best coach ever and if he and the HC are butting heads or working against each other, you have the recipe for guaranteed failure.  Comfort hires do not automatically equate to a bad hire

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They weren't too picky on JDR. They obviously didn't want someone with a strong coaching background to come in and challenge. They went the route of comfort hires. JDR is who they absolutely should have hired.

Personally, I think JDR was too pricey for their liking, or it was the FO pick and he and Taylor weren't on the same page.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: EVERY coach comfort hires when it is up to them.  It is a no brainer that they will hire someone they are comfortable working with and who shares their philosophy.  You can hire the best coach ever and if he and the HC are butting heads or working against each other, you have the recipe for guaranteed failure.  Comfort hires do not automatically equate to a bad hire

One need look no further than the Factory of Sadness at the start of last year to see what happens when the HC, DC and OC are not all on the same page and working together....
Reply/Quote

Since you state this as fact, I'd love to know where you obtained this information.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One need look no further than the Factory of Sadness at the start of last year to see what happens when the HC, DC and OC are not all on the same page and working together....

EXCELLENT POINT.  That was like a primer on what not to do, a true cautionary tale.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: EVERY coach comfort hires when it is up to them.  It is a no brainer that they will hire someone they are comfortable working with and who shares their philosophy.  You can hire the best coach ever and if he and the HC are butting heads or working against each other, you have the recipe for guaranteed failure.  Comfort hires do not automatically equate to a bad hire

I worked with a lot of guys over the years for a few different companies.  When I started my own company, I went after some of those guys because I knew what they would bring, what I could expect from them.  And lo and behold, they brought exactly what I thought they would. 

This is not rocket science.  It's just basic common sense.  Only stupid people don't know this.

Reply/Quote

(02-21-2019, 05:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One need look no further than the Factory of Sadness at the start of last year to see what happens when the HC, DC and OC are not all on the same page and working together....

Right on
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to the rest of the off season!
I don't care about glitzy names, splashy moves, et freaking cetera.
Thr FO is giving the kid full reign. That's enough *splash!!!* for me.
The guys gonna have some missteps. I'm down for the ride!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:10 PM)McC Wrote: I worked with a lot of guys over the years for a few different companies.  When I started my own company, I went after some of those guys because I knew what they would bring, what I could expect from them.  And lo and behold, they brought exactly what I thought they would. 

This is not rocket science.  It's just basic common sense.  Only stupid people don't know this.

Hey maybe we can duplicate the success of the 2015 Dolphins!
Reply/Quote