Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Tried To Do Something Nice For Dayton Ohio
It was on the Dayton Ohio TV News last week that Bengals were trying to have a practice in Dayton Ohio and also give Dayton a new turf field. The site was to be Dayton Triangle Park where many moons ago there was a Pro team Dayton Triangles. As I heard this on TV, it sounded like great news. Then came the usual Dayton Ohio confusion. Special Interest groups rose up against Bengals putting the turf field there, and same Special Interest group said Dayton should tear down Dayton Art Museum. So in spite of nonsense that is often Dayton Ohio, The Cincinnati Bengals DID try to do something nice for the Dayton area. At same time Dayton not sure if they are keeping Welcome Stadium where Dayton Flyers and high schools play, they may tear it down, so not a new turf option.

I called Cincinnati Bengals and thanked them for trying to build this turf field for Dayton Ohio. I suggested since Dayton turning this into a hard thing to do, that instead visit Dayton Childrens Hospital as Reds do on Reds Caravan. Maybe have a practice at Stebbins High next to Air Base and Children Hospital. I-75 to Rt 4 takes them right there. The Bengals told me Andy Dalton was just at Dayton Childrens Hospital last week. Bengals said it was a good suggestion. The Childrens Hospital would love to see The Bengals and it would be a good thing for all involved. Pictures of Reds Caravan at Dayton Childrens Hospital show the smiles on the kids. I suggested forgetting a Dayton turf field gift and instead Bengals bearing gifts for kids at Childrens Hospital & lets see a special interest group argue with that one.

So Bengals did try to do something nice for Dayton Ohio, but things got goofy on Dayton's end. They are still looking at doing something nice in Dayton. The Cincinnati Bengals are trying to do good things in communities and deserve credit for that. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Dayton leaders are idiots. They let the world renown trap-shoot leave Dayton (Vandalia).
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey, C'mon now...Dayton leaders only took 30 years to decide what to do with the old Arcade building. Now, it will probably be another 30 years before anything is completed but....
Reply/Quote
As a Dayton born breed son the best thing the Bengals could do for the city is to finally shut off the lights, light a match and head back down I-75.. Even the local inmates would appreciate that.. https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/county-jail-officer-ranks-hit-hard-quit-fired/CY6gRLeeDSoNFXGs8Xq3PN/  I left Dayton for good in 2003 (43 years worth) with no intentions of going back unless I'm in handcuffs being dragged back.
Only Dayton would elect funeral directors to run the city. What's a funeral director as mayor say about your town? It became more than painfully obvious.
Back when I was still using at the heights of my addiction I knew Dayton police who were for all intents and purposes being hired security for dope dealers.. That's no joke folks..It was THAT bad..The year after I left to get in treatment elsewhere my kids called me to tell me I was on the most wanted list for a petty possession charge. Yup, lil old harmless me was once on the most wanted list for my less than a nickle bag.. Luckily the statue of limitations ran out on that, but they'd still lock me up for 3 months minimum for driving without a license more than 16 years ago and once even locked me up because my DOG RAN AWAY..Seriously? Yes...my dog ran away and I went to jail for it.. Screw Dayton..They don't deserve the Bengals, Reds or anything else nice. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I live way on the south end of Dayton area, but call it Dayton for area reference. I can't pick on the mayor, I don't know her well enough. I do know she makes a whopping $47K.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dayton leaders are idiots.  They let the world renown trap-shoot leave Dayton (Vandalia).

Cannot disagree as I live in Vandalia. That was the summer thing to do as a kid was to work at the trapshoot. Not only did they let the Nationals leave the Vandalia are but they let the Nationals and Grand Nationals leave. Very sad. Was a huge revenue boost for the entire area.

To compound it they have companies leaving the area right and left. I never thought I would envision a day where we would not be talking about NCR and Dayton, Ohio in the same sentence but not the case. The only way they are in the same sentence now is if you are talking about them moving from Dayton to Atlanta. It is certainly sad.
Reply/Quote
What was their reason for not wanting the turf? This fascinates me. Seems like a no brainer to do it.
Reply/Quote
Kettering, where I live, is close to Dayton. I remember when NCR left town for Atlanta and the mayor didn’t even lift a finger to try to keep all those jobs here. Now this wasn’t the current mayor although most Dayton mayors have been total dingbats.

Anyway, good for the Bengals for at least trying to improve Dayton’s crappy economy.
Reply/Quote
I worked in Dayton for years. I-75 is always under construction thru town. The Air Force Museum is about the only thing left along with Wright Patterson. I liked Dayton until they let it just get run down. I seldom go to Dayton anymore. Used to hang out by the University of Dayton and stayed at Miami Valley Hospital a few times. The town has the Dragons surrounded by slum areas. That's the problem. You would think they could make a nice walk along the Miami River with trails and restaurants.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Couldn’t build at Triangle park do to land possibly being Indian burial ground. Got to respect that. https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/dayton-nfl-won-build-field-park-after-native-american-remains-survey/73ndWstwqSVqPxp3eqLqpM/

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Couldn’t build at Triangle park do to land possibly being Indian burial ground. Got to respect that. https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/dayton-nfl-won-build-field-park-after-native-american-remains-survey/73ndWstwqSVqPxp3eqLqpM/

Well that sure paints this in a different light.
Reply/Quote
I grew up a couple blocks north of Triangle Park on Ridge Ave.  So this thread is really interesting to me.  I remember growing up, there was an Indian archaeological site a couple miles south of Triangle Park on the Little Miami River.

I know there is a sign there now, but growing up there was no mention that the first NFL game was played there.  I read an article a few years ago which gave me the impression the the Dayton Triangle team evolved into what is now the Indianapolis Colts.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 02:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What was their reason for not wanting the turf? This fascinates me. Seems like a no brainer to do it.

People are claiming there is an Indian burial ground there...

It's actually a spooky park man. I loved it as a kid, but it ain't the same.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2019, 01:16 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I grew up a couple blocks north of Triangle Park on Ridge Ave.  So this thread is really interesting to me.  I remember growing up, there was an Indian archaeological site a couple miles south of Triangle Park on the Little Miami River.

I know there is a sign there now, but growing up there was no mention that the first NFL game was played there.  I read an article a few years ago which gave me the impression the the Dayton Triangle team evolved into what is now the Indianapolis Colts.

Haha... I work on Helena St.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dayton leaders are idiots.  They let the world renown trap-shoot leave Dayton (Vandalia).

LOL, off topic but it finally hit me.  It was Maddoctor at the old board.  He used to go to games with LeTigre and we all used to tailgate together a lot back in the day.   
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:18 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I worked in Dayton for years. I-75 is always under construction thru town. The Air Force Museum is about the only thing left along with Wright Patterson. I liked Dayton until they let it just get run down. I seldom go to Dayton anymore. Used to hang out by the University of Dayton and stayed at Miami Valley Hospital a few times. The town has the Dragons surrounded by slum areas. That's the problem. You would think they could make a nice walk along the Miami River with trails and restaurants.

The river's been flooded for 2 months. So there's one reason they don't do that. More importantly, the city's broke.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote