Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ?
Our D against our OL during practice is awesome when you think about it. No better way to gel than playing against those monsters! LOL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Simply no injuries, typical answer but its the one thing Im hoping we keep to a minimum this pre season.
Reply/Quote
I want to see Mixon and Ross with the starters (although I don't see it happening). You drafted them to make an impact and it's hard to make an impact from the bench. Let those guys play.

We've got a lot of young players that need action. Young guys on both lines need to get their feet wet.

Also seeing some sign of hope for the o-line would be nice.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 02:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Our D against our OL during practice is awesome when you think about it. No better way to gel than playing against those monsters! LOL.

I do think this will get Og and really our whole O-line much better this year. Last year they had to go against Hunt
and Peko in practice. This is drastically tougher going against Lawson, Billings and Willis. The Bucs have a good front
but honestly i don't think it is better than ours.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I want to see Mixon and Ross with the starters (although I don't see it happening). You drafted them to make an impact and it's hard to make an impact from the bench. Let those guys play.

We've got a lot of young players that need action. Young guys on both lines need to get their feet wet.

Is Ross even cleared to play yet?  I am anxious to see him too.  And I think they will play a lot.  And Willis and Lawson too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do think this will get Og and really our whole O-line much better this year. Last year they had to go against Hunt
and Peko in practice. This is drastically tougher going against Lawson, Billings and Willis. The Bucs have a good front
but honestly i don't think it is better than ours.

I disagree to the point that you really do not know what you've got until you play other teams. I remember in junior high and high school football our team thinking we were great in practices and then we played other schools who didn't care how great we thought we were. Our Offense and Defense are all united in Mike Brown and Coach Lewis.  The other 31 teams are not. I truly feel Preseason Games year after year show Bengals players and coaches strengths and weaknesses against other NFL Franchises.  It often takes the off season hype down a peg, which is needed anyway. This team was far from being World Champions.  The best thing is coaches will now have game film to go over with the players in the next practice to work on all the mistakes, which is key if the goal is to improve on a not very good 2016 season......Tampa had a very good Defense the last half of 2016 and they have a solid QB and pass catchers. Our offense and defense will be tested. Tampa is a far better team than many of you are thinking. I'm sure Fans in Tampa think Cincinnati Snowbirds will be an easy game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:06 PM)McC Wrote: Is Ross even cleared to play yet?  I am anxious to see him too.  And I think they will play a lot.  And Willis and Lawson too.

I haven't heard anything yet either. They've been vague with "some point in preseason". And agreed on Mixon, Lawson, Willis
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I want to see Mixon and Ross with the starters (although I don't see it happening). You drafted them to make an impact and it's hard to make an impact from the bench. Let those guys play.

I'd like to see a lot of Mixon but is Ross even cleared for contact yet?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:15 PM)kevin Wrote: I disagree to the point that you really do not know what you've got until you play other teams. I remember in junior high and high school football our team thinking we were great in practices and then we played other schools who didn't care how great we thought we were. Our Offense and Defense are all united in Mike Brown and Coach Lewis.  The other 31 teams are not. I truly feel Preseason Games year after year show Bengals players and coaches strengths and weaknesses against other NFL Franchises.  It often takes the off season hype down a peg, which is needed anyway. This team was far from being World Champions.  The best thing is coaches will now have game film to go over with the players in the next practice to work on all the mistakes, which is key if the goal is to improve on a not very good 2016 season......Tampa had a very good Defense the last half of 2016 and they have a solid QB and pass catchers.  Our offense and defense will be tested. Tampa is a far better team than many of you are thinking. I'm sure Fans in Tampa think Cincinnati Snowbirds will be an easy game.

Guess i am assuming too much but you are right Kev, have to wait till we play against these other teams.

Not saying Tampa is a bunch of punks either, i agree that they are an up and coming team. McCoy is damn good.

I just love the potential of Billings playing alongside Geno. I think these two can be the best DT duo in the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:06 PM)McC Wrote: Is Ross even cleared to play yet?  I am anxious to see him too.  And I think they will play a lot.  And Willis and Lawson too.

Last i heard the Skins game is when he will get significant snaps...
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last i heard the Skins game is when he will get significant snaps...

Thanks. I'd heard he'd play at some point in the preseason, just haven't heard when.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Completely unrelated to this, watching the Dallas/LA reply from the other night just now and saw them interview Whit. Said he was excited and glad to get on the field and work out the nerves. Damn, it was strange seeing him in a Rams uni.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 07:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks. I'd heard he'd play at some point in the preseason, just haven't heard when.

No problem.

I am anxious to see the man myself. Just want him 100% come opening day but i cannot wait for the Skins game.

Good challenge and i think both of our teams are better than last year when we tied.
Reply/Quote