Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Turned Down 2nd Rounder
Good morning to all. I hate to say I told you so, but the saying definitely fits this case. Right after the draft was complete I posted on here that the Bengals were offered a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder for McCarron. Everyone on here was telling me how insane I was, didn't make sense, no proof.. well look what's being reported now.
I

The offer was made by the Browns on the second day.

Take it to the bank!!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 07:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So are his 2 TDs, but you felt inclined to mention them while neglecting the INTs. Wonder why, maybe because they directly led to 12 points. Just like his turnovers in the postseason game directly led to 6 points in a 16-18 game.

Yes, a 103.9 passer rating while throwing for 160 yards at 5.9 yards per attempt and that "tough divisional foe" was 5-10 at the time and starting RYAN MALLETT.

Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself. Stooping as far as to call the 5-11 Ryan Mallett Ravens a "tough divisional foe".

You really are the anti-AJM police.  I swear to God, he must have done something to you personally.  Never seen anyone have such a hatred for a particular player.  Mind boggling, really.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Any updates on this? To me it seems like it's another BS story like the rest of the "we were offered X for McCarron" stories, which turned out to be false time and time again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 08:21 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Any updates on this? To me it seems like it's another BS story like the rest of the "we were offered X for McCarron" stories, which turned out to be false time and time again.

Of course you dont believe it. ignorance is bliss
Reply/Quote
I can understand if The bengals figure they will get a 3rd rounder comp. so a year of insurance (or 2 years) and a 3 is more valuable to the team than a 2.

A 2 & 4 or a 1 is likely what it would take to make a deal Happen.

Especially if they see the OL is trash and won't admit it.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 03:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be interested in knowing when. Had it been before the draft...then they could have drafted a replacement or signed on.

Of course, if they sign a backup...the backup would cost $4-5 million more than McCarron...so they'd essentially be buying that 2nd Round pick in their eyes.

I would have probably drafted Brad Kaaya if I were them and moved on from Driskel.

Yep.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 09:01 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Of course you dont believe it.  ignorance is bliss

Sorry I don't believe things without evidence. I guess you believe in Bigfoot and the tooth fairy. They have as much evidence as a trade offer for McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:04 AM)McC Wrote: You really are the anti-AJM police.  I swear to God, he must have done something to you personally.  Never seen anyone have such a hatred for a particular player.  Mind boggling, really.

the love you guys give him (AJ) is on the level of stupid
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:01 AM)A10104747 Wrote: Good morning to all. I hate to say I told you so, but the saying definitely fits this case. Right after the draft was complete I posted on here that the Bengals were offered a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder for McCarron. Everyone on here was telling me how insane I was, didn't make sense, no proof.. well look what's being reported now.
I

Take it to the bank!!

To be fair, just because it's reported doesn't make it fact.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:04 AM)McC Wrote: You really are the anti-AJM police.  I swear to God, he must have done something to you personally.  Never seen anyone have such a hatred for a particular player.  Mind boggling, really.

[Image: tumblr_m9sg7kjLmR1rsmhwk.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll just have to take those at their word that hate this move; however, would not call the organization stupid if we had a chance to win it all, AJM was doing well elsewhere, Andy went down, and we had to bring in Jeff Driskall to save the season. After all they usually give the organization the benefit of the doubt.

Just like now, when they are calling this move stupid and do not know what 2nd round pick it was. For all we know it was NE looking for a contingency so they could move Jimmy G. for a 1st.

Believe it or not there is a population out there that does not give this organization the benefit of the doubt and will look for the negative in every move they make,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't see why people are so skeptical of these rumors. IF the Bengals rejected a trade for McCarron...they're not exactly going to come out and have a press conference to announce it. The team offering the pick isn't exactly going to come out and announce it too...thus undermining their current starter.

Plus...IF the Browns were the team that offered the pick...I could see the Bengals not trading him in division. There are multiple reasons I could see Bengals management turning down a 2nd Round pick in fact:

1 ) Not willing to trade in division
2 ) No suitable backup behind McCarron
3 ) Having to pay a guy signed off the street more than McCarron made
4 ) Insurance for Daltons play. Maybe they like Dalton, but think McCarron could lead us further in the playoffs.
5 ) They know McCarron will be here 2 more years based on the CBA not crediting his 1st year and think they can get a better trade in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 10:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see why people are so skeptical of these rumors. IF the Bengals rejected a trade for McCarron...they're not exactly going to come out and have a press conference to announce it. The team offering the pick isn't exactly going to come out and announce it too...thus undermining their current starter.

Plus...IF the Browns were the team that offered the pick...I could see the Bengals not trading him in division. There are multiple reasons I could see Bengals management turning down a 2nd Round pick in fact:

1 ) Not willing to trade in division
2 ) No suitable backup behind McCarron
3 ) Having to pay a guy signed off the street more than McCarron made
4 ) Insurance for Daltons play. Maybe they like Dalton, but think McCarron could lead us further in the playoffs.
5 ) They know McCarron will be here 2 more years based on the CBA not crediting his 1st year and think they can get a better trade in the offseason.

If this was the first time a rumor like this came out I would be a LOT less skeptical. Ever since last offseason there has been McCarron trade rumors all of which were said to be false. All of them. It's a classic case of the boy who cried wolf.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 10:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see why people are so skeptical of these rumors. 

It's because they have stated that AJM is garbage and no one would offer us anything more than a 4th-5th for him, So when they se an insider such as Albert Breer say not only did a team offer a 2nd, the Bengals decided that was not enough; it chips away from their narrative. 

I have no reason to assume Albert Breer would make up such a thing. Could he? Sure. Why would he?..........

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 10:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because they have stated that AJM is garbage and no one would offer us anything more than a 4th-5th for him, So when they se an insider such as Albert Breer say not only did a team offer a 2nd, the Bengals decided that was not enough; it chips away from their narrative. 

I have no reason to assume Albert Breer would make up such a thing. Could he? Sure. Why would he?..........

Same reason some other reported that the Broncos were interested when clearly they werent....Ratings generating interest etc...

Kinda fishy we've had 2 of these trade rumors the same week AJM is about to get his most playing time of the season. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:12 AM)Synric Wrote: Kinda fishy we've had 2 of these trade rumors the same week AJM is about to get his most playing time of the season. 

Yep, you can put me down for believing the mccarron camp is leaking fabricated information knowing it will shine the spotlight on his play in the coming weeks . Not a bad tactic. I hope he tears all the second stringers a new one this preseason and somebody bites on him. Barring a terrible injury to Dalton he will never be anything here, and as well he shouldn't be.

so yeah, get me a first or second round pick and go somewhere else and be mediocre at best. Thanks!

Also, driskel is just as good as mccarron Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yep, you can put me down for believing the mccarron camp is leaking fabricated information knowing it will shine the spotlight on his play in the coming weeks . Not a bad tactic. I hope he tears all the second stringers a new one this preseason and somebody bites on him. Barring a terrible injury to Dalton he will never be anything here, and as well he shouldn't be.

so yeah, get me a first or second round pick and go somewhere else and be mediocre at best. Thanks!

Also, driskel is just as good as mccarron Ninja

Yeah, McCarron probably will tear up the preseason with the depth of our receivers vs 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:01 AM)A10104747 Wrote: Good morning to all. I hate to say I told you so, but the saying definitely fits this case. Right after the draft was complete I posted on here that the Bengals were offered a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder for McCarron. Everyone on here was telling me how insane I was, didn't make sense, no proof.. well look what's being reported now.
I

Take it to the bank!!

What 2nd pick? If it was 33 and a fifth I would have thought about that. If it was after the Njoku trade and it was 56 and a fifth I don't trade ajm to a division rival.

Ajm has become the energizer bunny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the love you guys give him (AJ) is on the level of stupid

I don't have much of an opinion about him one way or the other.   Find one statement I ever made expressing love for him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:12 AM)Synric Wrote: Same reason some other reported that the Broncos were interested when clearly they werent....Ratings generating interest etc...

Kinda fishy we've had 2 of these trade rumors the same week AJM is about to get his most playing time of the season. 

I'm in a where there is smoke there is fire category.

Why would the Bronocs say they were interested and offered a second, if they were shot down?

Do you really expect them to confirm this?

Of course that's just me.

Reply/Quote