Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Turned down Jack Del Rio
(02-20-2019, 12:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: What's the point in doing interviews if you already know who you are going to hire?  It's safe to say they could have Pleasant if they wanted, but obviously he interviewed poorly.

I think we would all like the position filled, but we need the right guy.  Jay Gruden was a nobody from the UFL who didn't get hired until February 3rd who had to install an offense with a rookie QB and OTA's wiped out by a lockout.  He did ok.  

No matter who they hire it won't be good enough for the Negative Nancy crowd that permeates this blog. Big Marvin did a great job at hiring coordinators(sarcasm incase you didn't know). Maybe it would make these people happy if they called him for his advice. This is going to be a growing process. We waited 16 years with Marv and now we want to run the new coach out of town on a rail after three weeks? You wanted change , you got change. Live with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 10:15 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No matter who they hire it won't be good enough for the Negative Nancy crowd that permeates this blog. Big Marvin did a great job at hiring coordinators(sarcasm incase you didn't know). Maybe it would make these people happy if they called him for his advice. This is going to be a growing process. We waited 16 years with Marv and now we want to run the new coach out of town on a rail after three weeks? You wanted change , you got change. Live with it.

Complain about needing change.  Get change.  Complain about the change.  There might be a pattern.  The next six months should be a real ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We have made wholesale changes in the coaching staff. The simple law of averages says we will still have to make more changes next season as some of the coaches will work out and some will not.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 12:56 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: We have made wholesale changes in the coaching staff. The simple law of averages says we will still have to make more changes next season as some of the coaches will work out and some will not.

Yes. I've pointed that out. Especially with this many inexperienced guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 01:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I've pointed that out. Especially with this many inexperienced guys.

I'd be more understanding of them learning on the job if we weren't supposedly keeping Dalton and Green in order to make a playoff push right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote