Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals UDFA Thread
(05-01-2021, 11:37 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I vividly remember that game against Rutgers. I was like, who the hell is this little shit??? Little bastard kicked ass that day. 

He’s the new Gio
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If we found it in our hearts to offer Joe Mixon redemption for his act, certainly we can afford the same for Pooka.

Oh, I’m not really surprised that we did (even though it sounds like a Mike Brown move and I thought he wasn’t involved anymore), and, like I said, he does sound remorseful, but you know that, the first time he makes a play, the announcers will bring up his past.

I’m glad we give guys a chance to turn their lives around and succeed, but I’d just rather not have to deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Oh, I’m not really surprised that we did (even though it sounds like a Mike Brown move and I thought he wasn’t involved anymore), and, like I said, he does sound remorseful, but you know that, the first time he makes a play, the announcers will bring up his past.

I’m glad we give guys a chance to turn their lives around and succeed, but I’d just rather not have to deal with it.

I don't think any commentators mention Joe Mixon's past during games.  I've got a feeling that the first time Pooka returns a punt to the house, he'll instantly become beloved by most Bengal fans.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think any commentators mention Joe Mixon's past during games.  I've got a feeling that the first time Pooka returns a punt to the house, he'll instantly become beloved by most Bengal fans.

In an instant. People are people and we all have shit in our past we’re not proud of. Hell, I had to rent a storage shed to fit all my skeletons. LOL

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think any commentators mention Joe Mixon's past during games.  I've got a feeling that the first time Pooka returns a punt to the house, he'll instantly become beloved by most Bengal fans.

Maybe I’m just thinking of people on here that bashed us for taking Mixon but defend their own team keeping murderers, woman beaters, and rapists ??.

I don’t think any Bengals fans have a problem with taking him and, like I’ve said, I think he could be very good, but I’m just tired of hearing the bullshit.

I guess I shouldn’t be by now.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:53 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Feel free to post if you see any Bengals UDFA news in this thread and I'll update the first post here as they come in.

Antonio Phillips - CB - Ball State
Drue Chrisman - P - Ohio State
Pooka Williams - RB - Kansas
Pro Wells - TE - TCU
Darius Hodge - DE - Marshall
Collin Hill - QB - South Carolina
Riley Lees - WR - Northwestern

I watch a lot of the MAC and had Phillips as a draftable player.  He has great ball skills and speed.  Nice pickup.  
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Simmons mentioned after the McPherson pick that there was a returner that he really liked. I'm thinking Pooka is the guy he was referencing. 

Pooka hasn’t done many returns, but he looks extremely shifty and fast, so I could see him as the PR. I wonder if he could play slot, as the Bengals probably won’t keep 5 RBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 08:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not happy that we signed a guy with troubles like that but, like Mixon, he does sound remorseful.  I like the way he hits the hole fast and the explosion he has in the open field.  I also like his abilities as a receiver.  Not the most powerful runner, which could be a problem since I'm nervous about our line opening big holes.

I'm a lot more comfortable about signing players with character issues when there's been such an emphasis on signing high character and high motor guys and all those team captains who will hold them accountable in the dressing room. See also Shelvin with his flags about his weight and focus who I feel a lot better about with Burrow and Chase on his case and keeping him on the straight and narrow (to the extent 350lbs guys do narrow).

Plus with Pooka he's an UDFA: he steps out of line and he's gone.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In an instant. People are people and we all have shit in our past we’re not proud of. Hell, I had to rent a storage shed to fit all my skeletons. LOL

I need to invest in a few grave yards for my skeletons..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:54 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'm a lot more comfortable about signing players with character issues when there's been such an emphasis on signing high character and high motor guys and all those team captains who will hold them accountable in the dressing room. See also Shelvin with his flags about his weight and focus who I feel a lot better about with Burrow and Chase on his case and keeping him on the straight and narrow (to the extent 350lbs guys do narrow).

Plus with Pooka he's an UDFA: he steps out of line and he's gone.

Good points........  I feel like we actually have leadership among the players AND coaches now so it's not just a playground where they can do whatever they want.  

Even guys like Mixon will say "hey, this isn't about you.............  we want to win.....  get your shit together."

I feel like Taylor runs a pretty tight ship, whereas Marvin was more "do your own thing," and, when he did try and get tough (like with Chris Henry), Mike Brown overruled him.  

I think players are overall better people these days, too.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 09:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In an instant. People are people and we all have shit in our past we’re not proud of. Hell, I had to rent a storage shed to fit all my skeletons. LOL

I think when sheds get that big they're called warehouses bro
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 08:05 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think when sheds get that big they're called warehouses bro

As big as Amazon. I shit you not!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Pooka hasn’t done many returns, but he looks extremely shifty and fast, so I could see him as the PR. I wonder if he could play slot, as the Bengals probably won’t keep 5 RBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did return a kickoff for a TD this past season which netted him a Big 12 ST Player of the Week. Plus, it's KU, so I have a feeling that Simmons really honed in on him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:50 PM)BengalRed Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31373733/cincinnati-bengals-add-rb-pooka-williams-free-agent-source-says-controversial-stay-kansas-jayhawks

Cincinnati Bengals add running back Pooka Williams as free agent, source says, after controversial stay with Kansas Jayhawks

Sounds like he needs to room with Mixon. They can help each other make it to anger management class on time. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like the BYU TE Bushman, wish they'd sign him.

Yeah, I would have liked to grab him. Nice signing for the Raiders.

Reply/Quote

Fans will be doing the Pooka Polka which will instantly replace the Ickey Shuffle as a fan favorite, lol. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:06 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: My God...check this guy out. lol. New cult favorite?

Minshews cousin 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 08:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Riley Cole- South Alabama, ILB.

Dorian Etheridge- Louisville, ILB.  I thought this guy would go in maybe the 4th round.

Eroll Thompson- Mississipi State, ILB.

That's the one spot I was upset we didn't address in the draft (and tight end).

TIGHT END

Tony Pojan- Virginia.  6'7, 258.  Thought he could go as early as the 4th.  Might not be overly explosive or anything, but he's 6'6 and has a nice range to catch the ball.  Could be a red zone nightmare.

Nick Eubanks- Michigan, 6'4/5, 245-255.  Late bloomer and needs development but I think he could be a mismatch for linebackers.

So what is it Brad? He 6'6" or 6'7"? 

Either way, that is a big TE. I remember Eubanks and Michigan a bit. Not a bad grab.

Also remember Etheridge be a good LB at Louisville.

(05-02-2021, 08:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t have to worry about turf toe. Nice.

lol
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He needs a headband.

[Image: 2D11399947-today-dodgeball-140121.fit-760w.jpg]

f'n Chuck Norris
Reply/Quote
No LSU guys? I'm legit disappointed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote