Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
---Bengals UDFA Tracker---
(05-03-2018, 01:31 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Wasn't Perkins added to the active squad for the last few games?

Sure was, he even played at RT against the Ravens when we went down the field and scored.

Just the type of Lineman Pollack says he likes too, hope he is on the roster, have to check.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I checked out the twitter feed for Flowers and it seems Mike Brown responded to it!!!

That's not the real Mike Brown lol
Reply/Quote
I'd move Jordan Franks to OLB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:31 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Wasn't Perkins added to the active squad for the last few games?

Yeah, and he's listed on the team roster.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 11:17 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, and he's listed on the team roster.

Great news, thanks Shady. I think Perkins could be a darkhorse at RT for us if Fisher and Hart are not the answer.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 11:17 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, and he's listed on the team roster.

(05-04-2018, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news, thanks Shady. I think Perkins could be a darkhorse at RT for us if Fisher and Hart are not the answer.

I haven't taken the time to research him, but I did recently read a couple of different articles that mentioned him in a positive light. Supposedly a road grater in the run game. 

I did recently get to spend some time researching/watching tape on the new draft pics. Every pick has significant upside. There are some risks, but if 2-3 play up to their potential, we're in business. Added with what AJ had to say about Ross's preparation, the new coaching philosophy, and I'm starting to get excited!

Last year was like being fed road apples while the staff and FO tried to convince us they were high end hordevours.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 01:24 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I haven't taken the time to research him, but I did recently read a couple of different articles that mentioned him in a positive light. Supposedly a road grater in the run game. 

I did recently get to spend some time researching/watching tape on the new draft pics. Every pick has significant upside. There are some risks, but if 2-3 play up to their potential, we're in business. Add with what AJ had to say about Ross's preparation, the new coaching philosophy, and I'm starting to get excited!

Last year was like being fed road apples while the staff and FO tried to convince us they were high end hordevours.

It's going to be interesting to see the competition at RT. Surely to God, one of them will be decent starting material. Rod Taylor is another one to keep an eye on.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 03:15 AM)Shady Wrote:  Rod Taylor is another one to keep an eye on.

Watch Rod Taylors tape vs Alabama. He played RT and did very well.

Perkins played RT in the last two games last season against teams fighting for their playoff lives and did very well also.

Combine that with the Fisher and Hart possibilities, and we should find a player or combo of players that can man the RT spot well this season.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 01:24 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I haven't taken the time to research him, but I did recently read a couple of different articles that mentioned him in a positive light. Supposedly a road grater in the run game. 

I did recently get to spend some time researching/watching tape on the new draft pics. Every pick has significant upside. There are some risks, but if 2-3 play up to their potential, we're in business. Added with what AJ had to say about Ross's preparation, the new coaching philosophy, and I'm starting to get excited!

Yeah Perkins is all bidness in the run game, just blasts people. Pass protection is where he needs work.

It was a great Draft, we will see how it plays out, but the upside is undeniable with guys like Price, Bates, Hubbard,
Jefferson, Walton, Harris, Brown, Phillips and Taylor. Damn, i pretty much listed all the Draft picks. Shocked

Also agree in the excitement Coach, lots to be excited about unlike last year where they pretty much mailed in the
season before it even started.

(05-05-2018, 03:15 AM)Shady Wrote: It's going to be interesting to see the competition at RT. Surely to God, one of them will be decent starting material. Rod Taylor is another one to keep an eye on.

True that Shady, Rod Taylor is very talented and a Pollack pick to a T.

(05-05-2018, 09:26 AM)Beaker Wrote: Watch Rod Taylors tape vs Alabama. He played RT and did very well.

Perkins played RT in the last two games last season against teams fighting for their playoff lives and did very well also.

Combine that with the Fisher and Hart possibilities, and we should find a player or combo of players that can man the RT spot well this season.

Yep, Taylor played against the best in the SEC. He has great feet, long arms, can be a bulldozer and is athletic.

You are right Beaker, Pollack should find the answer out of Fisher, Hart, Taylor and Perkins at RT.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:17 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Trayvon Henderson had a higher draft grade than Terrell Edmunds whom the Steelers grabbed in the first round.

Small School Stud: Trayvon Henderson, Hawaii

The same instincts and soft hands that helped Henderson record nine interceptions at Hawaii showed up at the Senior Bowl, where he stole the spotlight from more heralded safeties.

Yep, I'm glad of this sneaky safety pickup. I figured he'd be a UDFA and glad we got him. He's one I think has a good chance of knocking someone off the roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 12:55 AM)Shady Wrote: Adonis Jennings might be the second best WR in our locker room. No joke. How did this kid go undrafted? film

He looks good.    Beat our 2nd round pick in this film...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 01:12 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Why wasn't Hercules Mata'afa not drafted and why didn't the Bengals try to sign him after the draft?

I don't know anything about him, I just saw the name and thought, "I wonder if he's any good".

Good question (why wasn't he drafted).  A lot of folks loved this guy.   I think primarily cuz he's a tweener.  

Don't know if we did not try to sign him.   I'm thinking signing with a playoff team would be more desirable.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 03:11 PM)3wt Wrote: He looks good.    Beat our 2nd round pick in this film...

He reminds me of Marvin Jones a little.
Reply/Quote
Quite a bit of video of Taylor's play on the Pat's site.. http://www.patriots.com/video/2018/02/22/college-highlights-rod-taylor-g-ole-miss
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Adonis Jennings, Trayvon Henderson, Rolland Jones, Chris Worley, damn, got some talent that went undrafted for sure. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 10:32 PM)Shady Wrote: He reminds me of Marvin Jones a little.

Don't make me go to salivating...
Reply/Quote
We can add another to the list. Bengals claimed WR Ka'Raun White off waivers from Seattle as an UDFA.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/8/17333082/bengals-west-virginia-wr-karaun-white-waivers-seahawks
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 10:32 PM)Shady Wrote: He reminds me of Marvin Jones a little.

Get him in here

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 07:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Get him in here

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 03:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: Quite a bit of video of Taylor's play on the Pat's site.. http://www.patriots.com/video/2018/02/22/college-highlights-rod-taylor-g-ole-miss

I'm guessing Taylor will be a PS player for us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote