Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals UDFAs Official Thread
Morgan makes the team and we can finally say goodbye to Core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:58 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Hansen to the Saints, Parham is still unsigned.

Well Shit.
Reply/Quote
We should sign G Beau Benzschawel Guard from Wisconsin
Reply/Quote
I like the Stanley Morgan signing. Very polished WR. Technically superb as a receiver. Not a burner but understands how to play the position.
Reply/Quote
I am not feeling it this year for the UDFAs.

Damnit go get Hodge!

Twitch  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: What about SS/OLB Chase Hanson or TE Parham?

Parham to the Lions
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:08 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Parham to the Lions

How many damn TE's do they need. They just drafted Hock and Nauta. Parham was my sleeper.

What about WR Antoine Wesley?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 03:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: How many damn TE's do they need. They just drafted Hock and Nauta. Parham was my sleeper.

What about WR Antoine Wesley?

I heard he went to the Ravens.

I live in Lubbock and it sucks that he left a year early to go to the NFL and didn't even get drafted.  He looks akward running and I heard he had a poor combine.  From his practices he wasn't predicted to do anything at Tech, but once he is on the field he comes alive.  He broke the single game receiving record for us against Houston totalling 261 yards in one game.  He is not a workout warrior, but he is very tall, has great hands, and he will catch contested passes.  If some team gives him game time then he will be a steal for them.
Reply/Quote
Anyone know anything about the OLB from Maine Sterling Sheffield?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 09:28 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Anyone know anything about the OLB from Maine Sterling Sheffield?

Not signed but he has been invited to Bengals rookie mini-camp for a look-see

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Here is a site with some listings. Just scroll down past 'sel' 254 and you will see where some of the better ones are going and who is still out there.

https://www.footballcouchscout.com/big-board
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:34 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I'll be updating this thread as they roll in. Anyone feel free to post if you see them anywhere.

So far:

Tyree Kinnel, S, Michigan
Stanley Morgan Jr., WR, Nebraska
Damion Willis, WR, Troy
Jake Dolegala, QB, Central Connecticut State
Jordan Ellis, RB, Virginia
Keaton Sutherland, G, Texas A&M
O'Shea Dugas, OL, Louisiana Tech
Sterling Sheffield, LB, Maine
Charles Holland, WR, Tiffin
Cory Contini, WR, Ohio Dominican
Johnathan Thomas, RB, Penn State

Stanley Morgan has real talent. Very surprised he wasn’t drafted
Reply/Quote
Benzschawel signed with the Lions.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:34 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I'll be updating this thread as they roll in. Anyone feel free to post if you see them anywhere.

So far:

Damion Willis, WR, Troy

So 9 of the 11 listed here are offensive players, right after we spent 6 of 10 picks on offense (better quality picks, too). 

Guess it's to be expected with an offensive guy trying to establish his identity. Marv did the same with the defense in 2003, although he mostly used free agency.

(04-27-2019, 07:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Dolphins signing Jonathan Ledbetter, DE, Georgia.

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

So far:

Damion Willis, WR, Troy

The wideouts look good and a couple have a shot at making the team.

Sutherland looked good in the Williams game film.

Would have liked to see some tackle prospects, but trust the staff fresh out of college to nab some sleepers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 06:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So 9 of the 11 listed here are offensive players, right after we spent 6 of 10 picks on offense (better quality picks, too). 

Guess it's to be expected with an offensive guy trying to establish his identity. Marv did the same with the defense in 2003, although he mostly used free agency.

I think it's a two year plan and they think they can manage now with the LB's they have and maybe they sign a cut veteran down the road.  They showed a willingness to trade up or down but they didn't pursue LB's at all.

I will say this about Zac Taylor---sink or swim, for better or fro worse, he's gonna do it his way.  And he knows exactly what he wants.  His team will have an identity.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 09:28 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Anyone know anything about the OLB from Maine Sterling Sheffield?

Pretty athletic Edge- small but with Long Arms. Was a standout on a awesome Maine Defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 06:27 PM)McC Wrote: I think it's a two year plan and they think they can manage now with the LB's they have and maybe they sign a cut veteran down the road.  They showed a willingness to trade up or down but they didn't pursue LB's at all.

I will say this about Zac Taylor---sink or swim, for better or fro worse, he's gonna do it his way.  And he knows exactly what he wants.  His team will have an identity.

If they sign a solid LB that gets cut, I'd say I'm pretty happy with the off-season overall. 

We can win with this roster, assuming Taylor is a good coach. Also, this draft made me more confident in both he and Tobin's ability to draft sans Marv.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
So I was watching highlights of Morgan, very impressive WR, hope he can make the roster. But I couldn't help but notice how well the QB was placing the ball exactly where it needed to be. The QB looked awesome, showed strength, good touch on the short to medium throws and a great deep ball. Might be someone to watch in the next couple years.
Reply/Quote
No more law firm so what do they do? Sign "the backwards investment bank." Kind of like Tom Green's "the backwards man" routine.  :drool: Pervert :drool: :drool: Happy
Reply/Quote