Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Under-rated?
Some think the Bengals are being overlooked:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/16/bengals-nfl-most-underrated-teams/

We have had some pretty good seasons in our history when being overlooked. Here's to catching the NFL sleeping on us and having a deep playoff run.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:03 AM)Beaker Wrote:  Here's to catching the NFL sleeping on us and having a deep playoff run.

Cheers   I'll drink to that.  And I think it's possible, this year just feels different to me.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At first it seemed like the Bengals weren’t trying, by resigning Marvin. They did shake up coaching, made a trade and tried to address their weakest area in the draft. This is more than what they’d been doing. Other teams had a draft and free agency too. It’s hard to say how the new pieces of each team will gel. Other teams also try to address their weakest areas and improve. I go off of the most recent seasons until I see actual results. It’s good to be optimistic, it’s just been a long time since the team had a “deep playoff run”.
Reply/Quote
Easier to play as underdog as the pressure is not nearly as great.

Plus experts do not know sh#+.

Am excited for upcoming season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:07 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Cheers   I'll drink to that.  And I think it's possible, this year just feels different to me.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I assume you don't have a good feeling about the upcoming season then?

[Image: Step-Brothers.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: Some think the Bengals are being overlooked:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/16/bengals-nfl-most-underrated-teams/

We have had some pretty good seasons in our history when being overlooked. Here's to catching the NFL sleeping on us and having a deep playoff run.

We are always better when we are under the radar no doubt. We have been ranked like 26th on NFL.com after
winning 7 games the prior season. Heck, i have seen the winless Browns ranked ahead of us a few times. If people
have been following the feeling of the players they all seem refreshed with the additions and coaching changes.

Last season it was the complete opposite, there was a feeling of blah, blah, if Bodine and Og play better...blah.

Been hearing about how the players are excited about Lazor's new playbook, the OL coach has brought an intensity
that just wasn't here before, the WR's are blazing fast, look way faster than last Offseason etc.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 11:25 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I assume you don't have a good feeling about the upcoming season then?

[Image: Step-Brothers.gif]

Just messing with you. I totally understand a slight bit of optimism this time with some of the changes that have been made. I just wish ol Marv wasn’t still patrolling the sidelines looking confused lol

Reply/Quote
It'd be pretty hard not to underrate us this season, as no one expects a single thing from us.

Even a 7-9 season would be overperforming, the way the media talks about this team.

They'll be surprised when we return to one and done playoff season status.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just messing with you. I totally understand a slight bit of optimism this time with some of the changes that have been made. I just wish ol Marv wasn’t still patrolling the sidelines looking confused lol

I certainly agree about Giggles being there.  You just know he's gonna' screw up some shit.   :giggle:
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It'd be pretty hard not to underrate us this season, as no one expects a single thing from us.

Even a 7-9 season would be overperforming, the way the media talks about this team.

Yeah, this is what i am expecting until Marv does the unbelievable and wins a Playoff game.

But it is not like we don't win regular season games and get into the Playoffs, we have done this a lot over
the last 10 or so years. With actually having a running game and hopefully a decent O-line i see us winning
enough regular season games to get into the Playoffs again.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It'd be pretty hard not to underrate us this season, as no one expects a single thing from us.

:andy:

Lots of truth here. And lot of it is self-inflicted. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just messing with you. I totally understand a slight bit of optimism this time with some of the changes that have been made. I just wish ol Marv wasn’t still patrolling the sidelines looking confused lol

That is my main concern. No doubt we have the horses to play pretty damn good and win games, but we still have Merv calling the shot on the field...
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Winter is coming.
Reply/Quote
It's gonna be a great season, and it's gonna feel as good as when Willy was freed.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
So many of the "experts" wrote us off when we brought back Marvin. Even I thought Marvin should have been replaced after last year.

So the experts are just being consistent and predicting another losing season.
Reply/Quote
We've all seen the names change before under MB and ML without ever achieving playoff success.

What this team badly needed was a culture change. It seemed like some pep came into their step those last couple games after the team had seemed to quit during Bears and Vikings blowouts !

Has the culture changed ? Can the culture change under Mike&Marv ?

It seems they did a 180 this offseason, I hope they changed enough !

Underrated ? The outside world still gives a little chuckle when anyone says Bengals, and rightfully so. Let them overlook us all they want.
Reply/Quote

There's a large chunk of NFL fans that watch a game or two a season, play some fantasy football and then pick it up in the playoffs. Those people reads the sports section, online blogs and watch sports TV. And it's easy to look good in front of them when you can take a team like the Bengals and say 'Nope, no postseason here.' The actual record isn't even that big of a deal to this demographic, they're only wanting to know who is going to be left standing at the end of the year. 
Reply/Quote
i think because the Bengals didnt fire Marvin or replace Andy in the eyes of the "EXPERTS"
they all figure all the personal changes and coordinators isnt enough alone to change the Bengals culture.
what i cant figure out is how all these sportswriters think the Ravens are better than the
Bengals.
i think the Bengals are under rated and i.hope every player and coach uses that as a bit of motivation of sorts this season.
their is a ton of talent on this roster. its up.to the players to take it to the next level
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 06:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We've all seen the names change before under MB and ML without ever achieving playoff success.

What this team badly needed was a culture change. It seemed like some pep came into their step those last couple games after the team had seemed to quit during Bears and Vikings blowouts !

Has the culture changed ? Can the culture change under Mike&Marv ?

It seems they did a 180 this offseason, I hope they changed enough !

Underrated ? The outside world still gives a little chuckle when anyone says Bengals, and rightfully so. Let them overlook us all they want.

There’s one name that never changed until this year...

Reply/Quote