Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting pass protection stat.
Last year Drew Brees had the lowest percentage of Knockdowns (sacks + QB hits) per pass attempt (9.5%).

The second lowest was Andy Dalton (10.0%).
Reply/Quote
I think the reason Andy's number is so low is because he's gets the ball out in less than 3 seconds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton was tied with Luck and Brees as the 30th-most sacked QB in the league at 21.
However, Dalton played 5 fewer games than those other two.
Dalton was on pace for being sacked 30-31 times if he had played the full season, which would have put him 19th-most.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 01:37 PM)Earendil Wrote: I think the reason Andy's number is so low is because he's gets the ball out in less than 3 seconds.

That's what she said.... Hilarious

Sorry, I always think that is funny
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 01:37 PM)Earendil Wrote: I think the reason Andy's number is so low is because he's gets the ball out in less than 3 seconds.

I can't even remember what season it was, but they showed a stat on release time and it was Brady number one and Dalton two or three. By need or design, it came out fast. I'd be tossing the ball as fast as I could if I didn't have absolute faith in my O-Line.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year Drew Brees had the lowest percentage of Knockdowns (sacks + QB hits) per pass attempt (9.5%).

The second lowest was Andy Dalton (10.0%).

Shocked Brady is not 1 or 2 on the list

No doubt play design (get rid of ball in 2 seconds or less) helped
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 04:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shocked Brady is not 1 or 2 on the list

No doubt play design (get rid of ball in 2 seconds or less) helped

Brady #7 but just slightly more than Dalton (11.0%)
Reply/Quote
Fun fact:

Driskell got rid of the ball faster than Andy:
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

WTS, I think time to throw is severely over-stated. The difference between 1 and last is less than 1 second. Andy cam in tied for 5th Cam came in 20th and the difference is less than 1/10 of a second
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dalton was tied with Luck and Brees as the 30th-most sacked QB in the league at 21.
However, Dalton played 5 fewer games than those other two.
Dalton was on pace for being sacked 30-31 times if he had played the full season, which would have put him 19th-most.

This combined with the fact Dalton gets the ball out faster than anybody not named Brady shows how bad pass protection was last season.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 05:18 PM)yards Wrote: WTS, I think time to throw is severely over-stated. The difference between 1 and last is less than 1 second. Andy cam in tied for 5th Cam came in 20th and the difference is less than 1/10 of a second

And one scramble that takes a few seconds will skew the results in a big way.
Reply/Quote