Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Uni Redesign Contest
Gettin some pub on SI -- for our "Bengalian" uniforms ... They're even running a redesign contest:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/27/uni-watch-cincinnati-bengals-jersey-helmet-redesign-content

Personally, I don't mind the uniforms all that much, but maybe it's just because I'm used to them now. My changes would be minor -- get rid of the white side panel and mismatched pants and jerseys. Keep the stripes, but go all black, all white, or all orange (alternates). Keep the helmets too.
Reply/Quote
I will never understand how anyone could not like our helmets. Easily one of the best in the league, imo. I guess people like boring shit that all looks the same...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will never understand how anyone could not like our helmets. Easily one of the best in the league, imo. I guess people like boring shit that all looks the same...

The helmets are hands down the best in football couldn’t agree more. It’s the logo I hate. A big stupid B versus a cool badass tiger. They need to bring back the tiger on the uniforms and make it our logo.
Reply/Quote
I like the helmets too, and the stripe theme on the jerseys/pants. The color blocks (sleeves, side panels) and mismatched pants and jerseys, not so much.

I prefer the tiger to the B as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 11:01 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The helmets are hands down the best in football couldn’t agree more. It’s the logo I hate. A big stupid B versus a cool badass tiger. They need to bring back the tiger on the uniforms and make it our logo.

I like the striped B. I don’t really understand the hate for it either. The full tiger is too dated, and would look like a high school logo.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will never understand how anyone could not like our helmets. Easily one of the best in the league, imo. I guess people like boring shit that all looks the same...

I agree. The writer simply states that the uniform badly needs re-designed as if somehow that is fact. Just another tasteless moron with a platform.

Reply/Quote
Screw them, the Bengals have one of the best uniforms in the league and they just don't like it because it's the Bengals. I like our helmet and stripes on the legs. And, I like the mismatched colors when it comes to pants and jerseys, and the white panels both me not in the least. My favorite is the color rush, which is hands down the best in the league with no competitors even close. 2nd favorite would be the Black Jersey with White Pants. It's all personal taste, but I do not like matching pants and jerseys except our color rush.
Reply/Quote
Quote:• Your designs can be created in any digital or analog medium (Illustrator, Photoshop, crayon, whatever) and can be submitted in any standard digital format (JPG, PDF, TIFF, etc.). You can also create a video presentation, upload it to YouTube, and submit the YouTube link as your entry.

• Email your entry to Uni Watch HQ. If you have more than one concept, feel free to enter as many times as you like.

Here's the email address it links to: uwdesigncontest@gmail.com

We should all send in jpgs of the existing uniforms and flood them with it.

Reply/Quote
I want our color rush to replace the white jerseys, but other than that I’m completely happy with our uniforms.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to submit something just to see if anything Bengals can generate a "win". ha!
Reply/Quote
Bengals uniforms are the best in the league. It's all we've ever been good at.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Color rush uniforms are not as bad as many around the league but they look stupid with the orange and black helmet.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will never understand how anyone could not like our helmets. Easily one of the best in the league, imo. I guess people like boring shit that all looks the same...

I honestly can’t think of a single person I know who doesn’t like the Bengals helmet. In fact, growing up in the 90’s, that’s the only compliment I ever got when I told people I was a Bengals fan. If I had a nickel for every time I heard something along the lines of “well, at least they have cool helmets”...
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Screw them, the Bengals have one of the best uniforms in the league and they just don't like it because it's the Bengals. I like our helmet and stripes on the legs. And, I like the mismatched colors when it comes to pants and jerseys, and the white panels both me not in the least. My favorite is the color rush, which is hands down the best in the league with no competitors even close. 2nd favorite would be the Black Jersey with White Pants. It's all personal taste, but I do not like matching pants and jerseys except our color rush.

No doubt that plays a HUGE part in the hate they get for their uniforms. Similar to how the bengals are “dirty” and the Steelers play “tough football”, the narratives are largely based on the more popular, winning franchise getting all the love and the Bungling nitwits getting the hate. It’s easy to pile on to both narratives when you don’t have a dog in the fight. Such a fad-following society of simpletons we have here Whatever

Anyway, I prefer contrast too. I always think it looks better when the pants and jerseys don’t match. The team should wear white jerseys on black pants whenever they go with white, and vice versa when they go with black. The orange jerseys should always be worn with black pants. Always.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will never understand how anyone could not like our helmets. Easily one of the best in the league, imo. I guess people like boring shit that all looks the same...

The helmets are dope. Everything else is horrible. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Color rush uniforms are not as bad as many around the league but they look stupid with the orange and black helmet.

I can see how some people dont like them, but I love the orange helmet with the white jerseys. They pop so much. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
When I read this article on the punk ass SI page I knew it was going to be all bad about the Bengals, and it was. First the writer said get rid of the stripes on the pants "because its looks like a tiger tail if a tiger had two tails" so what we supposed to be the only team with a stripe down only one leg of the pants??? Lol then he mentioned the helmet like it's a bad thing but I cant tell if Memphis biting the same helmet and stripes on the jerseys. Mighty funny that the Rams use the same premise of the horns on the side of the helmet like it being the horns on the side of the head of the actual animal, while when we use the same concept it has to be called out negatively???? I like the unis except the black pants w/ orange jerseys and think we should go back to the tiger head instead of the B
Reply/Quote
Our helmets rock. Next, to the Cowboy's star, they are the recognizable ones in ALL of football.

But we can do some updating on the rest of the uniform. Change the font on the numbering. Get rid of the white on the jersey. Redesign the B logo which is kind of lame. Give it a better sense of cat-like movement. without resorting to the way too obvious tiger. Get some consistency with the orange shade used on the various jerseys.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Here's a cool one:

[Image: 793183]

Here's one the SI writer would probably identify with:

[Image: tigger-deluxe-adult-costume1.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to remove some of the flair from the jerseys and pants themselves. The helmet is fine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote